What's new

Would you kill animals that were destroying your plants?

OrganicBuds

Veteran
Get a stuffed tiger and see if that scares them off.

Get some wolf pee, bring your dogs to the spot and have them mark it up.

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
Not a bad idea.

I've found that coon and deer in the Northern U.S. are more afraid of people than they are of dogs.

If you want the critters to stay away, you have to tell them so, in a media they can read.

Pee on the 4 corners of your grow.
And show your dog that these plants are your property, then watch them.
They will show you how to mark it properly, yah?

This actually works, but you must refresh it frequently.

Hint; Watch the dogs.
There's a reason that they would rather mark trees than dirt.
A smart dog looks for spots that won't get washed out if it rains.
Smart people should do likewise.

I'm told that a visit to a barber shop to collect human hair is productive.
A circle of human hair is said to work, but it's just something I read.

I personally tried the marking.
Is it foolproof?
Ah dunno, but it worked for me.
Didn't lose 1 pissplant to deer or coon. :)

If I ever have to wild-crop again, I'll try dryer sheets too for the tiny, flying critters like fungus gnats.

Aloha,
Weezard

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They are animals doing what they do in nature. There is no reason to kill them. It's your fault for being stupid enough not to protect them. Anyone suggesting to kill them should have their dick smashed with a sledge hammer.

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
http://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/gar...earch&gslfah&gclid=CKX5mer0lrcCFbOHMgoduWUALg

This is a link to the type of fence I use in my vegetable garden. It blends right in with it's surroundings. If you can't afford to protect your plants then you're probably in the wrong game. Many of us do this shit because we love the plant not to become rich. Although, occasionally, I can't say the money doesn't help when there is a surplus of it.

Savage Seeds

My pump 30-06 goes with me every time I visit my patches, I have, do and will continue to kill critters that jeopardize my lively hood, but I also use the meat for food. As far as I'm concerned I live on 3200 acres of my land and know every bit of it as well as they do, don't bother my weed-I won't bother you. Same goes for the 2 legged variety of pest, I find you fuckin with my shit they'll be eating off you under em next season.

oldbootz

Veteran
there is something very wrong with some of you people. how would you like it if some animal killed half your family??? coz thats what you doing to them.

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
Must be the "big, bad, man syndrome.
Because it's not a very bright approach.

Killing critters is futile.
Mother nature will just make more critters.
It never ends.

If it's about a successful harvest, screens make sense, repellents make sense and careful placement makes sense.
Guns do not.

If it's about macho bullshit.
Deep seated feelings of genital inferiority.
Or homosexual panic,
Then yah, bust out yer BFGs and kill somethin'. :)

With me, it's about maximum harvest.

Aloha,
Weeze

GF-Z

Animals live on instinct. Hemp by nature attracts animals.. Even domestic... Remember like my small sensi with only second set of leafs was half eaten by cat, who tactically waited until I miss to close box :) it survived, i called it halfy :D but it was best auto ever smoked(bagseeds).
Until you r not creator of animals you cant judge them.
Another thing is if some alcoholic dirty **** would be trying to find a place for rest because hes too drunk to walk and would find plant and start pissing on it or trying to brake/steal it. Salt loaded (like in old movies) shotgun would do job. And he would get double lesson. :ying:

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My pump 30-06 goes with me every time I visit my patches, I have, do and will continue to kill critters that jeopardize my lively hood, but I also use the meat for food. As far as I'm concerned I live on 3200 acres of my land and know every bit of it as well as they do, don't bother my weed-I won't bother you. Same goes for the 2 legged variety of pest, I find you fuckin with my shit they'll be eating off you under em next season.

Tough guy eh?

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Must be the "big, bad, man syndrome.
Because it's not a very bright approach.

Killing critters is futile.
Mother nature will just make more critters.
It never ends.

If it's about a successful harvest, screens make sense, repellents make sense and careful placement makes sense.
Guns do not.

If it's about macho bullshit.
Deep seated feelings of genital inferiority.
Or homosexual panic,
Then yah, bust out yer BFGs and kill somethin'. :)

With me, it's about maximum harvest.

Aloha,
Weeze

:yes:

mojoman

I'd just find the trails the critters use and lay chicken wire on the trail...most critters will back up or turn to a different trail...my .02

brock1

It would depend on the animal in question. I personally am not a veggie. I eat animals and I am pretty sure some animals would eat me given half a chance. That's nature's law not leave every living thing to live. Here in the UK we don't have big predators like bears we did once but no more. :( we killed them so we replace them by controlling the numbers of Fox etc wich bears and wolf's would control numbers of. That's nature not letting animals like rabbit's and deer get to plague populations. Control animal population not wipe them out. ;)

2uptown

hmm, i love all the comments. what i really love to do is kill, kill it all. cut down all trees, spread rat poison every where and kill, kill, kill. its a never ending battle. if its not the rats its the fucking deer. dont even get me started on the rippers, kill, kill, kill. i love to kill. oh yes and as far as smashing my awesome cock with a rock, come on out to the farm and try it you fucking queer..........

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It would depend on the animal in question. I personally am not a veggie. I eat animals and I am pretty sure some animals would eat me given half a chance. That's nature's law not leave every living thing to live. Here in the UK we don't have big predators like dears we did once but no more. :( we killed them so we replace them by controlling the numbers of Fox etc wich bears and wolf's would control numbers of. That's nature not letting animals like rabbit's and deer get to plague populations. Control animal population not wipe them out. ;)

Ummm.... deer are NOT predators, unless you include their predatory behavior toward pot plants!