What's new

Would Bruce Lee or Chuck Norris have dominated UFC?

Ickis

Veteran
It does not happen in 4 seconds. If you have been on the mat then you should know it takes time to sink in a choke. I won't argue that after it is sunk in properly it will be quick but it isn't happening quick. Fingers won't be your only worry either.

You would only have to grab one hand. You can't choke someone out with one arm. Now they have two hands on your one hand and your fingers are being broken. And just because you trained hard you won't be prepared for the pain. You will give up their back and then have one useless hand to continue the fight.

When two people meet in a life or death battle and one is a trained UFC fighter and the other guy has a baseball bat or a rock it is no longer advantage UFC. Same way when instead of a rock the person has skills in pressure points and small joint manipulation.

tyson once said "everybody has a plan but when you get hit in the face that plan goes out the window". What do you think happens when your thumb is broken like a pencil or your testicles are liquified from a kick to the groin or your eye is popped like a grape from a finger. Exactly how is your mma training going to help?

Here is a hint. Check some guys sometimes. Look for somebody with a couple half inch long nails. Usually thumb nails or index fingers. Mess with them and see how fucked up you get with all your mma training.

Ickis

Veteran
Royce would choke most of them out with his Gis. Especially with a full 20 minutes and no break to work with. There is another thing the modern mma guys don't understand. They took the gis away for a reason. In the street clothes are a gis and they are a weapon.

You better have all your fights in the gym and stay out of the street dag.

Ickis

Veteran
One more thing. If Bruce Lee were fighting today he gets to take steroids. So it would be Bruce lee on steroids. LOL! Good luck with that.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
I knew guys who grew out their nails for self defense in the joint..
Didnt do em much good..
Ill stick with bjj thanks.
I get to choke cops 3X a week!

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
[YOUTUBEIF]dZYQwNLAnAI[/YOUTUBEIF]

[YOUTUBEIF]VQXlg7DksvY[/YOUTUBEIF]
:laughing:

small joint manipulation was allowed in the first UFCs it didnt help..

wing chun is awesome for talking about and dancing in front of a mirror...
or scratching someone's eyes out!!

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Google Chuck Norris meets the Gracies .
Chuck had a Judo Black belt . But found himself unconcious very quickly against old man Helio .
To see epic Royce gracie check out Royce vs Sakuraba in Pride GP . Sakuraba clownd Royce for over an hour and a half and in the end Royce quit on his stool . So much for no time limits ...

EB .

For those of you who train with an open mind you have to just except the fact that there are many guys good at a few things when it comes to contests with rules, but very few that are great at fighting. Go on youtube and look at some of the things Bruce is doing with Gene Lebell in his throwing and ground work, his technique is smooth and flawless,look at his footwork in his boxing and striking, his strength for his size and his drilling and conditioning, then last but not least take into account how long ago it was and no steroids! There is nothing new in the martial arts, just what you're exposed to, your willingness to train hard, and good instructors and training partners. Very few athletes today are that diligent. Bruce was about the love of combat arts first and foremost it was truely a way of life for him, the money, the fame, that was secondary. The guys in the UFC pay others to train them , people went to Bruce to train

bentom187

Veteran
[YOUTUBEIF]dZYQwNLAnAI[/YOUTUBEIF]

[YOUTUBEIF]VQXlg7DksvY[/YOUTUBEIF]
:laughing:

small joint manipulation was allowed in the first UFCs it didnt help..

wing chun is awesome for talking about and dancing in front of a mirror...
or scratching someone's eyes out!!

none of what that person did was wing chun. he is either just learning or just doesn't know.

if you watch this you will see the fatal flaw in the reaction of the person in your video.(centerline caved)
[YOUTUBEIF]KcIGuMn4vB4[/YOUTUBEIF]

shawn Obasi and why Wing Chun doesn't work in MMA
[YOUTUBEIF]P3YRutaneY8[/YOUTUBEIF]

it might have its spot in the ring some day but we have yet to see it adapted for mma at least on a large scale.i think there is a zero percent chance of that, if the rules effectively neuter it. it just wouldn't be a real representation. there are too many veriables to consider.person vs. style, vs. setting. we could easily flip the question and ask how many mma guys would survive a mongol invasion.theres not much of a point.

skullznroses

that aint nothing but 10 cent lovin
Veteran
Dudes, Dudes

There is no way philosophy or logic can be applied to fighting. I am a total beginner, but I know from yoga beginners have a special vision. The reality is the big better trained fighter wins every time no matter what style they employ.

I'll take the 250 lb guy with 20 years experience over the 230lb guy with 12 years experience. The longer you live the better you are as a fighter it would seem.

Looking at the Wing Chun vidoes you can still see a fighter must be stronger then the opponent to push their arm(s) aside before striking the abdomen.

Latest posts

Latest posts