What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Worst Concert You've Ever Been To

Betterhaff

Veteran
Dylan…sang like sh*t, couldn’t understand a word. The hall was terrible, and to add insult to injury the 4 guys in front of us were jumpers. On their feet from the start jumping up and down for God knows what. They place was half empty so we moved, didn’t get any better. That was when I said no more money for Bob.

Another one, which really wasn’t that bad, just disappointing. Went to see Robin Trower and the opening act was John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers (with Sugarcane). They were great, small venue and the place was hoppin’. Totally stole the show. When Trower came on it was a letdown. I really like Robin Trower but not that night, we left.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
worst was Eric Clapton. yes, i know; INCREDIBLE guitar player....when not strung-out on smack. had Muddy Waters opening for him, AND came out to play with him on the last 5 or 6 songs of the show, or no encores would have been needed. saw him again years later, great show.:tiphat:

Floridian

Veteran
Same for me with Greg Allman,It's hard to jam on a keyboard when you're nodding out on it,the last time I saw him at Red Rocks in Colorado he was flawless but didn't look quite as satisfied lol.Hope you didn't shoot him aoh!

Gry

Veteran
Mid seventies, went to go see ZZ Top. There was a band I had never heard of called Kiss that opened the show. Need I say more ?

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Next best thing to a real Grateful Dead show has got to be Dark Star Orchestra. Can I get an amen?

My worst concert experience was having to leave a Grateful Dead concert during the third song because my date completely greened out. She couldn't stand up, and it was an indoor concert. Also she was puking and in general freaking out. And the venue said if you leave the building you can't come back in.

This was Fall 1973, so, yeah, it really sucks, lol!

Floridian

Veteran
I always loved the Dead to the max though I never became a true"follower".I did travel from the D.C area to Massachutes one year to see a show though.Hey Jelly you even seen Phish?

soundman

Grateful Dead New Years Eve in Oakland 91. Never made the show. Got 100 feet from my car, smelled the best weed ever. Found said weed, bought a quarter and jetted back to Santa Cruz.

Whatever weed that was put three super heavy grower / smokers out. Whoever drove that red chevy blazer, THANK YOU!!!!

Worst show because the weed was so good we left without going in,

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
No, I haven't seen Phish, except on TV or youtube. I recommended DSO because they are a true tribute band- they don't just play Dead songs, they play Dead shows, entire set lists.

I would enjoy the opportunity to see Phish, just not a huge fan.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
I did OK but the shows where I was like a fifth grader in school band must've been difficult for the parents who attended. Mine knew better than to ever come.

More recently, the dude who sings for In Flames can ruin anything with his total doucheness.

I've only gotten the opportunity to see Phish once. It was in Miami on a New Years run a few days before New Years. Awesome show, my friend and I found some good shrooms in the lot and I was pretty spun & my friend was out there.

I actually liked Phish before the Grateful Dead but like the Dead more now. DSO is sweet, I've seen them a bunch.