What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Worst Concert You've Ever Been To

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Metallica early on in their crappy alternative phase. Circa 1998-99. They sucked, sounded bad, took a break, and came back out "unplugged". Left early.
Big Metallica fan, very dissapointed.
That reminds me of my only Metallica concert. They killed the first half of the show, then sat down and played the Four Horsemen acoustically. Half the audience got up and walked out. I have never had the desire to see them again.

Chevelle at aftershock 2016 - worst band I have EVER seen! - especially with whitechapel and Disturbed there...
They were dull and lifeless - They sounded totally weak and the crowd was not having it - most people left for other shows it was the only show that wasn't good at aftershock last year imho.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
I guess if I ever went to a terrible concert, I forgot about it. I did once see Sweet get booed all through their set in Terre Haute. I forget who they were opening for, but they weren't really that bad.
It was when Sweet had Fox On The Run and some other hits. They came out strong with their first two or three songs. But part of the audience kept giving them shit. So to get even, Sweet played Cocaine for like ten, fifteen minutes. Then they basically said fuck off, and left.

But that wasn't a terrible concert- at least it was something to talk about after.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Wow Jelly, that´s funny that you saw Sweet!

Like I said, they were the opening act, so I didn't ever say, "oh Sweet's coming to town, gotta get tix." Wise guy. :biggrin:

p.s.- Sweet wasn't any worse or fruitier than KISS.
Oriental-Girls-with-Kiss-makeup--60300.jpg

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Chuck Mangione somewhere in Worcester Ma. in the late 70's.
Didnt like his music but a girl I knew and occasionally dated wanted to go.
Despite the fact that I knew I was gonna get laid that night after about ten minutes of listening to him blow on his stupid little horn I was ready to kill myself.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
I also remember a J. Geils show that had .38 Special as a first act.
38 Special was terrible and the audience started booing and throwing stuff at them while they were on stage.
At around the third or fourth song the lead singer screamed into his mike telling the audience to go fuck themselves and if anyone thought they could do better to come on up and give it a try. Then he threw the mike on the floor and they left the stage. LOL.

Best concert was the Dead in 2003 candy flipping my ass off. Didn't even really know who the Dead or Grateful Dead were but I practically had a semi-religious experience and have been listening to them ever since. Got tickets to see Dead and Company in June. Wish I could have seen Garcia but I'm too young.

I don't have a worst concert experience but I've been out of my mind at most of them. I'm guessing the worst concert experience would be a sober one lol.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I probably went to almost a hundred concerts in the 70's...
A few were just mediocre, but most kicked ass.....Jefferson Airplane, Byrds, The Who, Led Zeppelin, Allman Bros, Frank Zappa and on and on...

I never went to a Kiss concert, that would have really sucked and would have to be the worst concert I never saw..

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
I guess if I ever went to a terrible concert, I forgot about it. I did once see Sweet get booed all through their set in Terre Haute. I forget who they were opening for, but they weren't really that bad.
It was when Sweet had Fox On The Run and some other hits. They came out strong with their first two or three songs. But part of the audience kept giving them shit. So to get even, Sweet played Cocaine for like ten, fifteen minutes. Then they basically said fuck off, and left.

But that wasn't a terrible concert- at least it was something to talk about after.

A local dj tells a great story about Sweet coming in to do a radio interview (MANY years ago) - out of shape pseudo-rockers, spandex body suits & attitude made of 100% intolerant bullshit.

He said they were the biggest douches he's ever met/interviewed - but the bloated carcasses wobbling around in body tight spandex were HILARIOUS!

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
Worst?....Ok, try this one for size: Opening act for Jethro Tull concert.

In the early 70s there was this old concert hall in Seattle built mostly of wood (fire marshal actively enforced a "no smoking" rule...lol, so everyone toked using those metal capsule pipe devices that hid the burning glow of weed...lol, just had to be real good in keeping the damn thing lit). I recall the acoustics being superb and it even had an old pipe organ that weeks earlier Rick Wakeman with Yes had played on...yes, that one was for the memory books--Rick Wakeman playing a pipe organ in a wooden concert hall.

Back to the worst...so here we are waiting for Jethro Tull and these 2 guys wearing farmer styled bib overalls stroll on stage (opening act) and start tuning their acoustic guitars...lol. Finally they start playing some child song (Farmer in the Dale I think) and after some boos and shouts they stopped, and starting singing Tom Jones song "Delilah. Remember we are at a Jethro Tull concert--not a talent show with two farmers playing guitars.

So when the boys start belting out the words, "my my my Delilah....why why why Delilah" everyone boos. Loud, I mean real loud--then the lights dim, spot light on--and the two farmers rip off their bib overalls (tear away style) toss their wigs and beards...and before everyone there stands Ian Anderson and Jeffrey Hammond. Ian wearing his famous tights...lol.

Imagine that, Jethro Tull fans booing Ian Anderson. That duo was the worst opening act I ever saw...but the Jethro Tull concert was superb!

Last edited:

shithawk420

Veteran
holy shit that must have been legendary Doc!always wanted to see Jethro Tull and Yes.too bad im too young and will never see them.

H

HemperorsKnight

When I used to play in a band we opened for some local straight edge bands all scene fags they had to use a keyboard to fix their shitty sound they were altogether lame and not worth the time but it was fun being the only metal act to actually do everything without effects lol other than that every show I've been to wasn't anything to complain about

Funny thing bout dem str8 edge fags is the guy who we played our shows at his house went to the trailer of the headlining band and offered em a fat doob they turned it down of course haha haha makes me miss being a teenager

Fiddynut

Best concert was the Dead in 2003 candy flipping my ass off. Didn't even really know who the Dead or Grateful Dead were but I practically had a semi-religious experience and have been listening to them ever since. Got tickets to see Dead and Company in June. Wish I could have seen Garcia but I'm too young.

I don't have a worst concert experience but I've been out of my mind at most of them. I'm guessing the worst concert experience would be a sober one lol.
Greetings Charlie.
Glad to hear you had a great dead experience. I saw a lot of young people at dead and co last summer and it was great to see. The music and scene are just as relevant today as back in the day. I saw a bunch of shows from mid 80's to early 90's and wish I could go back in time and see more. Mayer does a good job of playing like Jerry but his singing is a bit off. As they play more together they should get better and better. Enjoy the show this summer...Fiddy.

for me its widespread panic. ex gf loved those guys so ive seen a few. every time john bell sang i wanted to vomit. he has the worst voice in music.

my most memorable was phish at limestone in 2003 when they did the tower jam at 2 am. i was spun out of my mind and i swore that the air traffic control tower was going take off into space!

Latest posts

Latest posts