What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

World War #4?

World War #4?

• Let the UN take over the Wars leadership in iraq

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • The UN should take over the whole war on terror.

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Let Bush stay in the lead and we can blame him.

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Just forget saving a lost cause BOG, we are all DOOMED!

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters

ken

Re: Stupid?

Re: Stupid?

BushyOldGrower said:
Don't stoop to insults but you come up with a plan. You resent our leadership and I don't wish to lead.

Free Trade? That's a joke when the UK has a 25% tariff on anything of value I ship there.

yes that is what i disagree with, the usa probably charges similar tariffs on eu goods.

I have never thought a country wasn't in control of who and how it trades. We have already over-extended to the point of bankrupcy and now we must retreat from our position of leader.

so economic collapse is the only answer?

Why should you people over there need America to tell you what to do or how to run your side of the planet?

we dont, but sometimes america needs to help, rather than cause trouble, as they are the richest & most powerful country in the world.

I mean what would you like for america to do? Take over the world or leave you alone?

neither, simply want america to stop being so ignorant & listen to the views of other nations (maybe even the UN!, although its a little late to try to rescue that now)

I prefer the latter but Bush and his friends would rather team up with Blair and take in the world. I am just for peace and retaining the value of our own markets and having good jobs for americans.

except those that work in export industries, and the people that provide services to those companies, and the companies that rely on imported goods to make their own products, etc. a closed border would cause american economic collapse.

imo the only way to try to survive that would be to create a closed communist police state, which im sure you appreciate the problems of.

We can have peace if we return to our conservative forefathers admonitions to avoid foriegn entanglements. Our retreat is your gain and my wishes are not so bad. America has every right to control trade as does every country. BOG

peace?

the only peace you'd get is because you're head would be burried in the sand, then it'd be temporary before your newly unemployed millions rise up against the government and start a civil war.

there are no easy answers, bog. and the usa has created a lot of shit, especially since bush took power, they need to sort that out, they need to rebuild iraq & afghanistan & try to create peaceful, secure, stable governments in both countries.

i'm also opposed to government subsidies, i know here in the eu large farm subsidies, etc, are paid.

tarifs & subsidies are what make 'fair trade/ free trade' unfair & unfree, this is what keeps 3rd world countries poor.

Last edited: