What's new

World of Wonders

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Guawi

Guawi

So, this Guawi was put into 12/12 on October 18. That puts her right about her 11th week of flowering. She's still spitting out pistils. Her leaves began to show some nute burn but I think we nipped it in the bud (so to speak) and before there was too much damage to the leaves. She's a beaut...her perfume is sweet and pungent. She is a favorite!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Guawi_B.jpg
    Guawi_B.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 42
  • GuawiBudC.jpg
    GuawiBudC.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 42
  • GuawiBudD.jpg
    GuawiBudD.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 47
  • Guawi BudB.jpg
    Guawi BudB.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 43

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Purple Haze x Malawi

Purple Haze x Malawi

I'm very excited about this plant. This plant is reflecting little or no of the issues stemming from the nute protocol. As a result, she is entering her 11th week of flowering and looking like she could go for another 10...probably not, of course...but she's lookin' awful good!! Which is great! I love this plant and will have to sit on my hands to prevent myself from nibbling at samples. Hopefully, she's got a few more weeks to go. If I have solved the nutrition/coir issue, that should not be an issue, hopefully. I can't wait to see what this baby is made of!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Purp Haze BUd D.jpg
    Purp Haze BUd D.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 40
  • Purp Haze Bud B.jpg
    Purp Haze Bud B.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 37
  • Purp Haze_Branch.jpg
    Purp Haze_Branch.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 40
  • Purp Haze_A.jpg
    Purp Haze_A.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 41
  • Purp Haze_alt.jpg
    Purp Haze_alt.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 38
  • Purp Haze BUd E.jpg
    Purp Haze BUd E.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 43

Anjey

Hi Mayan, stunning plants of course thanks for posting. What did you end up thinking was wrong with the nutrients and how did you fix it?

D

DNM1

I'm very excited about this plant. This plant is reflecting little or no of the issues stemming from the nute protocol. As a result, she is entering her 11th week of flowering and looking like she could go for another 10...probably not, of course...but she's lookin' awful good!! Which is great! I love this plant and will have to sit on my hands to prevent myself from nibbling at samples. Hopefully, she's got a few more weeks to go. If I have solved the nutrition/coir issue, that should not be an issue, hopefully. I can't wait to see what this baby is made of!!

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image
I was just wondering, had to check my reading material, if where the plant is situated(near air con unit),if at any stage when in flower, where there any temperature swings that might have affected the way she was taking in her feed?,and, maybe the dose was fine, but that aircon maybe?
:)

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Bravo mayan!

What a show, friend! A pleasure to see your outcome with all the strains and to be able to compare the different Malawi hybrids in the same cycle, very illustrative :)

Super Malawi Haze and Purple Haze x Malawi are very tropical and Haze dominant, Golden Tiger 3rd version (Thai Chiang Mai x Malawi) is also very tropical and Thai dominant, although you managed to finish them all very well in your great indoor setup, glad you had enough space for them, as they really need it to express their full potential. On the other hand, Guawi (Tikal/Malawi) is much more tamed Malawi hybrid, both in size and flowering times.

Glad you are also satisfied with your 10 week Panama female and with the Mapetit x Pink Malawi (very rare to find the beautiful pink pistil indoors!), this last one is a CBD rich hybrid of great terpenes (Mapetit) crossed with a rare Malawi that Sr. Bogavant selected and crossed with his cup-winning Mapetit genetics.

Not sure what was the cause of the nutrient blockout, if you flushed them abundantly and tried to correct the EC, yet the plants didn't respond well then my guess it was probably a PH problem, although most of the times plants don't respond well to strong feeding changes when they are very advanced in late flowering.

Excited to see what comes next from you garden in 2020! ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Outstanding outcome uncle orfeas with your indoor Purple Haze x Malawi as well :tiphat:

Really impressive, hope she yielded a bountiful harvest of prime quality sativa buds as you deserve.
Best wishes for 2020! :)

Hey stranger, not as unruly, you say? :biggrin:
Well then, at 14 wks today they've been self-defoliating for at least two weeks now not knowing what to take it out on, since soil's ok pH wise, 30lt volume and feeding biobloom plus epsom and molasses once a week... I had the same issue with an extreme Thai leaning Zam a couple of years ago...
How long did the ones you grew go?

Immaculate set up there mate!

:tiphat:orfeas

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Wow, what a nice grow space, and absolutely stellar results!

I've enjoyed many of your older posts as I have mined the various threads for info. Great to see you back in action. Looks like you're taking things to the next level for sure. :)

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Pink Malawi - Ma Petit

Pink Malawi - Ma Petit

Hey, Ace-heads!!! Hey, dubi...thanks for stopping by !!! A lot of ground to cover over the next few posts...so let's start with some eye candy. The Pink Malawi/Ma Petit is a few days short of 70 days of 12/12. I will cover my nutritional revelations below but let's just say that this was one of the plants that probably went down a somewhat different road than she could have due to my nutritional errors. As it is, however...she is incredibly beautiful and I do believe (objectively) that we rescued her in the nick of time.

My earlier excursions into Pink Malawi/Ma Petit grows went much longer. I will live with one of two possibilities: (1) this is an earlier blooming, indica-leaning pheno; OR (2) the nute issue prematurely aged the plant. Whatever!!! She is beautiful!!! At this point, her leaves are quite autumnal, however, the trichs are still quite cloudy with few ambers. Even so...I think she is coming down in the near term; probably in the next few days...almost certainly within the week.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Pink Malawi Whole A.jpg
    Pink Malawi Whole A.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Pink Malawi Bud.jpg
    Pink Malawi Bud.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 39
  • Pink Malawi BudB.jpg
    Pink Malawi BudB.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 39
  • PinkMalawi_Bud.jpg
    PinkMalawi_Bud.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Pink Malawi Cola.jpg
    Pink Malawi Cola.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 38
  • Pink Malawi Mandala.jpg
    Pink Malawi Mandala.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 36

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
The Further Adventures of Guawi...

The Further Adventures of Guawi...

So, the Guawi is somewhere in her 11th week of 12/12. She's still pushing out pistils, however...she was also one that got a bit nipped by the Great Nute-burn/Potassium lockout of 2019. It hit quick but I think we nipped it in the bud and prevented greater catastrophe in the nick of time. Overlooking the brown tips on some leaves, she is beautiful and still has a few more steps to trod before harvest. The buds are swelling into large, individual trich pillows. Her scent is of melon and/or berry/citrus and some kind of incensy thing.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Guawi Whole.jpg
    Guawi Whole.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Guawi_Whole.jpg
    Guawi_Whole.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Buawi BudB.jpg
    Buawi BudB.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 38
  • Guawi_BudA.jpg
    Guawi_BudA.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Guawi Bud.jpg
    Guawi Bud.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 40

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
So...I will try to explain how we got nutritionally de-railed so that others following in my foot-steps don't make the same mistake. It was really two different (though related) errors pertaining to the coir media. They have nothing to do with coir, everything to do with my penchant to get involved with cluster-fucks and then to learn my way out.

Over the last few years, I have developed a real liking for coir. At the same time, I was trying to navigate the use of coir without really getting anywhere close to the science of it. While my grows have been wonderful, I have been missing the final key to unlock coir's promise and -invariably- by the end of my grows, I have often ended up with signs of burn and/or toxicity and/or deficiency. Early in to this grow, we started trying to watch the ppm - up until this point, I have been trying to "listen" to the plants. Using a book called Coco for Cannabis, I came upon what I considered to be at least and interesting framework for using a ppm meter and up until about two weeks ago, I thought we had it nailed down.

There were two issues though that we didn't get right -both of them really operator error more than anything else: (1) I had thought that Botanicare (with Blue Lab meter) used the 500 ppm scale...it doesn't, it uses the 700 ppm scale; (2) I thought that the Coco for Cannabis feed chart for different life stages was based on the 500 or 700 scale...it wasn't. Apparently, the ppm chart is based on microsiemens. Thus, for instance, the book calls for ripening plants (pre-harvest flush) to get 800-1100ppms...Reading with greater care, I realize that the author seems to be calling for ppms of around 560 or so on the 700 scale. We were shooting for the 800-1000 range. Way off!!!

Consequently, we were feeding the plants yo way higher than they should have been fed when I had thought we were feeding it a very moderate amount. My bad. It's a testament to both the method and the genetics that we didn't fry the shit out of all the plants and -I'm happy to say- have probably brought the plants around to a point where they will finish up with enough time to ripen the way they are supposed to.

While I'm unhappy that we went down the wrong path, I am THRILLED that I have learned huge amounts about the process and will not be making this mistake ever again. While there's always more to learn, I think that learning about ppms puts us in a great position to have magnificent grows of long-flowering plants next time around.

Common Sense

Thanks mayan for sharing your experience, I am trying to suck up all these things as a newbie although I just grow on soil.

Congratulations on the stellar results despite the unit mix up! Awesome pictures that would enhance any seed catalogue.
Happy harvest!

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
More Pink Malawi

More Pink Malawi

Thanks Common Sense and TexasTea!

I admit...I am totally besotted by the colors!! I have no clue whether this is phenotype or torture by nutes or all of the above...but boy!! She's incredible!! At this point, she's at 70 days of 12/12 and her clock is ticking down, I think. I kinda hate to harvest 'coz she's so effin' beautiful!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Pink Malawi BUd B.jpg
    Pink Malawi BUd B.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 40
  • Pink Malawi_Bud A.jpg
    Pink Malawi_Bud A.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 46

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Purple Haze x Malawi Reduxe

Purple Haze x Malawi Reduxe

Here's the Purple Haze x Malawi as she enters her 13th week of 12/12. Her clock is ticking down, as well, although she's looking so good, I'm inclined to let her go another week or so. Tried a sample taste (for science!!) from last week and was very impressed...I can hope to imagine what another 2 or 3 weeks is gonna do for her. Definitely -um- neo-psychedelic. Just the way I like it! Lots of beef on the hoof on this one and I think she's still swelling. Here's a publicity still of her in action, as well as a couple of quick shots on some of lower buds. Enjoy!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Purp Haze.jpg
    Purp Haze.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Purp Haze Low Bud C.jpg
    Purp Haze Low Bud C.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 47
  • Purp Haze Low BudB.jpg
    Purp Haze Low BudB.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 42
  • Purp Haze_Low Bud.jpg
    Purp Haze_Low Bud.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 40
  • PurpHaze Low Tip.jpg
    PurpHaze Low Tip.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 43

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi friend,

Sorry for the late reply, i overlooked to reply these latest posts.
Glad you finally found the problem with the overfeeding that was causing the health problems on your plants.

Less is more most of the times with the feeding of this kind of sativas.
Better start with a gentle feeding approach and slowly increase in case they ask for it, rather than correct later the overfeeding or ph unbalances.

The Purple Haze x Malawi look voluptuous at harvest time :) What a beast! Congrats on the harvest of this second cycle in your new setup.

What do you plan to grow next ? ;) Best wishes!

Montuno

...como el Son...
This here is the Ma Petit x Pink Malawi (or is it the other way around). I don't think it's currently available but I grew it out about three years ago and there was something very hygienic about the terpene profile. It just seemed really healthy! And the high was profound and relaxing. I had to grow it again! The previous version, however was not pink!! This one definitely is...BTW, it was put under 12/12 on November 1, so it's barely over 30 days in...

View Image

Pink!!!! Or even blood red...

View Image

Hola.

When your talks about Ma Petit...are your maybe talking about Mapetit, the clone from Dancehall (Reggae Seeds) selected by Sr. Bogavante (Tropical Seeds Company) ?
Your plant remembers me a lot the cross between Mapetit n' Malawi of him, called "Malawi CBD" or "Mapetit Malawi", I think...

Salud !

Last edited:

Montuno

...como el Son...
Bravo mayan!

What a show, friend! A pleasure to see your outcome with all the strains and to be able to compare the different Malawi hybrids in the same cycle, very illustrative :)

Super Malawi Haze and Purple Haze x Malawi are very tropical and Haze dominant, Golden Tiger 3rd version (Thai Chiang Mai x Malawi) is also very tropical and Thai dominant, although you managed to finish them all very well in your great indoor setup, glad you had enough space for them, as they really need it to express their full potential. On the other hand, Guawi (Tikal/Malawi) is much more tamed Malawi hybrid, both in size and flowering times.

Glad you are also satisfied with your 10 week Panama female and with the Mapetit x Pink Malawi (very rare to find the beautiful pink pistil indoors!), this last one is a CBD rich hybrid of great terpenes (Mapetit) crossed with a rare Malawi that Sr. Bogavant selected and crossed with his cup-winning Mapetit genetics.

Not sure what was the cause of the nutrient blockout, if you flushed them abundantly and tried to correct the EC, yet the plants didn't respond well then my guess it was probably a PH problem, although most of the times plants don't respond well to strong feeding changes when they are very advanced in late flowering.

Excited to see what comes next from you garden in 2020! ;)

Ajá... Here is my answer.

Salud a toda la "tribu" A.C.E. !

Last edited:

F2F

How did I miss this runway show of succulent soaring sativa spears?! Just read the whole thread in one sitting but am going back through again for sure. I always fantasize of these types of colas for my grows. Great stuff mayan. :groupwave:

Peace
F2F

Xochi

This is amazing man! I missed your threads too! I like the clean tidy room set up! What lights do you have covering what area? Do you keep them the same height throughout the grow?