What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

World of Wonders

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Congo x Panama

Congo x Panama

She just keep putting out the pistils (and foxtails). She's looking more ready for harvest today than she was yesterday. Once we've had our way with the Zam and Malawi, she's next. Beautiful plant. Just cut a sample to dry to see what she's made of. Can't wait.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Congo x Pan Detail_.jpg
    Congo x Pan Detail_.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 59
  • Congo x Pan BudA.jpg
    Congo x Pan BudA.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 53

SolarLogos

The Mali, as well, is heading for the Great Transition. It's getting to be time...here's a few shots from yesterday...Not a lot of amber -which is fine for me...It's time, I think...Soon come!

View Image
I'm just speechless. I've been using botanicare and coco, but have never seen anything close to these in my flower room. I'm going to put more effort into it. Thanks for the inspiration my friend.:tiphat:
Peace, God bless

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Goddess Worship

Goddess Worship

So, the Panama Goddess came down a few days ago. Here are a couple of quick pics from the trim session...Amazing scissor hash...oily coating of my tongue and throat...delicious!!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• PGBud-A.jpg
    PGBud-A.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 54
  • PGBud-B.jpg
    PGBud-B.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 47
  • PGBud-C.jpg
    PGBud-C.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 60

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Congo x Panama

Congo x Panama

So...here's the Congo x Panama about 1/2 way through the chop. Harvest came at the end of week 13. It's interesting, it's like there is a cloud of unknowing around her...I haven't been able to zero in on her scent...Nor have I sampled her. Still...a beautiful and beguiling plant!

attachment.php

Attachments

• CongoxPan_Bud_B.jpg
    CongoxPan_Bud_B.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 55
  • CongoxPan_Bud_A.jpg
    CongoxPan_Bud_A.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 57
  • Congo_Pan_Detail.jpg
    Congo_Pan_Detail.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 51
  • Congo_panB.jpg
    Congo_panB.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 55

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Thai x Malawi - Final

Thai x Malawi - Final

So...all good things must come to an end...this is the last remaining plant from the second harvest. Now, entering into her 14th week of flowering, it's just a question of time. Fortunately, we will be running another seed from the same batch...she's just getting geared-up as we talk..so we shall see what the future brings us. Hate to see this one go-we've been through a lot together. We bonded. Well, I guess there's different kind of bonding - I sampled a bud taken last week and she is absolutely interstellar. Very potent...very neo-psychedelic. Operating heavy machinery would be loads of fun!

attachment.php

Attachments

• Thai_Final_A.jpg
    Thai_Final_A.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 68
  • Thai_Final_B.jpg
    Thai_Final_B.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 72
  • THai_FinalC.jpg
    THai_FinalC.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 70
The size of your buds compared to the size of your pots are tripping me out. Stunning work Mayan. You must have your environment really fine tuned. Everything looks so damn good.

Is this Congo#3xPanama? Im about to get some Bangi CongoxPanama seeds in my mailbox.

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
The Beginning of the After...

The Beginning of the After...

Thanks for your kind words, PandyFackler! Ya know, I'm not sure...I think it is Bangi Congo x Panama.

Hey, HerbGreen and baduy...So nice to be back playing in the fields of these genetics. I am very grateful!!

And now...the end of the road for the last remaining plant from the second wave...the majestic Thai Chiang Mai x Malawi. Here's her
publicity still before the chop..

attachment.php

And here's a shot of her first tops - after the chop...there's still A LOT more to come. Phew!!

attachment.php

She has a wild scent...herbs, incense. And she tastes of lime. A VERY electric, focused, technicolor high. Long-lasting and comes in waves and false peaks.

Attachments

• Thai_publicity still.jpg
    Thai_publicity still.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 55
  • Thai_after.jpg
    Thai_after.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 67

orfeas

Veteran
Oye Mayan, looking at those grand steeples of yours I can't help recalling Waldgeist(haven't seen him active for ages) who grew similar spires but in smaller pots than yours...needless to say he fiddled with chemistry a lot...how about you?

A splendid job nonetheless!

:tiphat:orfeas

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Ohhhhhh.... sneaky mayan!!! :D

Ok, not so sneaky. I guess I’m part blind to have passed by this red hot thread.

Is this the triumphant return?

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Hey, orfeas!!!!! How are you doing? Boy! It's no nice to be back here and "see" all you folk again.

So, yeah, I take a lot of anabolic steroids, growth hormones and performance-enhancing drugs but hey!! Nah, just kidding! I attribute these spires to the wonders of Ace's superior genetic alchemy. We are, however, switching to 3 gallon containers...Using coir, I'm not sure that larger containers are necessary for indoor plants and we will roll the dice that we get plants of similar size - if using similar genetics, that is. We will see!!

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Hey, Kalbhairav!!!!! I prefer "stealthy" to "sneaky." Haha. How the fuck you doing my friend? (Incidentally, this grow and last grow have also involved genetics that would be familiar to you from other very familiar, far-flung sources.)

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
OK, I've read through the lot, taken a good look at the pictures and have come out the other end feeling utterly inadequate ;):D

Unbelievable work mayan :)
You always did know how to grow but it seems this new space has entitled you to another perspective, adding to your powers of potential in a growing realm I might only dream of.

I'll just sit at the back looking confused if you don't mind. Feels safer back here ;)

PS - Ah yes, the other source.. I hope they might make an appearance at some point?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hats off friend :tiphat:

What a ride! Thank you very much for sharing your results with us.
Wish you enjoy a lot your well deserved harvest. Glad to know the Golden Tiger 3rd version is already hitting the right notes. ;)

Eager to follow your progresses of your upcoming grow with a new batch of genetics!

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Third Wave

Third Wave

Hey all!!! This is the 3rd Wave of the grow in my undisclosed bunker location. Very exciting! New stuff, old stuff...Here's some shots of the ensemble...As I go through the roster, you will see that Malawis are running wild!!
The grow is organized in three rows...the plants are -um- riotous! The plants are each in 3gallon Smart Pots containing coir. I have come to the considered opinion that 3 gallons or higher are probably a waste of coir and nutes...there's no reason why 3 gallon won't yield amazing plants!

It's difficult to tell but the first picture is comprised of is the all-Ace row, comprised of -from left to right- a Purple Haze x Malawi; a Super Malawi Haze; and a Thai Chang Mai x Malawi...and some plants from the middle row in the foreground...If it's visually confusing, no problem, you will get to know them better when I introduce them in their individual capacities in the following posts.

attachment.php

Here's another shot of the Skyline looking down the row with the Purp Haze Malawi in the foreground, the Sup Mal Haze in the middle and the TCM x Malawi in the background toward the wall.

attachment.php

This is the Gang of Four...quite a difference. Demure, discrete and wonderful. Starting from the Left, these are Ma Petit x Pink Malawi; Dolce 1 (a Chimera plant); Panama Goddess - a clone of the mother we grew out last time; and a Simply Irresistible (Chimera):

attachment.php

And this here is the middle row...Again a mix - Starting from the Right (at the wall): Guawi, Dolce 2 (Chimera); Simply Irresistible 2 Chimera) and a Malawi - a clone of the Malawi we grew last wave...

attachment.php

As I will explain further, the plants are actually flowered at different times...The Panama clone, Malawi, and TCM x Mal went under 12/12 lights on Oct. 7 - so they were about 55 days in at the time of the photos. The Purple Haze x Malawi and Super Malawi Haze went in around October 11, so they are about 51 days in; the Guawi went under 12/12 on October 18 and the Ma Petit x Pink Malawi went in on November 1.

Attachments

• Gang of Four.jpg
    Gang of Four.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 57
  • Middle Row.jpg
    Middle Row.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 52
  • Skyline.jpg
    Skyline.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 53
  • Skyline1.jpg
    Skyline1.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 58
  • SkyLine_B.jpg
    SkyLine_B.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 47

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Super Malawi Haze

Super Malawi Haze

This plant went under 12/12 around October 11. As you can see, it's stretch was -um- super! To the point where it has proven impossible to try to get it all in one photograph with my cell phone. So...the first photo shows a spire of the Super Mal (on the left) with a spire of the Purp Haze Mal (on the right). Pretty substantial difference as you can see - they were both put into flower at the same time - about 51 days ago. The Super Mal buds -however- are much thicker, although the Purp Haze Mal is beginning to pack it on in its own way.

attachment.php

Here's the two spires...
attachment.php

and some shots of invididual spires...

attachment.php

attachment.php

and a shot of the low-lands...The foothills leading to the spires...

attachment.php

Attachments

• Super_Mal SpireB.jpg
    Super_Mal SpireB.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 55
  • Super_mal SpiresB.jpg
    Super_mal SpiresB.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 62
  • Super_Mal Foothills.jpg
    Super_Mal Foothills.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 64
  • Super Malawi Haze_Field.jpg
    Super Malawi Haze_Field.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 55
  • Sup_Malawi_Purp Haze A.jpg
    Sup_Malawi_Purp Haze A.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 45
  • SuperMal_SpireA.jpg
    SuperMal_SpireA.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 55

Range

Wow. What a room! What genetics! Impressive. Those plants look incredible. How high are those lights sitting?

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Ma Petit x Pink Malawi

Ma Petit x Pink Malawi

This here is the Ma Petit x Pink Malawi (or is it the other way around). I don't think it's currently available but I grew it out about three years ago and there was something very hygienic about the terpene profile. It just seemed really healthy! And the high was profound and relaxing. I had to grow it again! The previous version, however was not pink!! This one definitely is...BTW, it was put under 12/12 on November 1, so it's barely over 30 days in...

attachment.php

Pink!!!! Or even blood red...

attachment.php

Attachments

• MP x PM 1.jpg
    MP x PM 1.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 44
  • Pink Malawi_Ma Petit Bud.jpg
    Pink Malawi_Ma Petit Bud.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 46
  • Pink Malawi_Ma Petit BudA.jpg
    Pink Malawi_Ma Petit BudA.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 46
  • MP x PM Bud.jpg
    MP x PM Bud.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 48

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Hi, Range!! Thanks...The Purp Haze x Malawi, Super Malawi Haze and TCM x Malawi are easily over six feet...not sure if they hit 7. The photos are a little misleading, none of the plants are in the lights - thankfully!! They are closer than I would like but I'm not seeing heat stress at all. Thankfully, we have a lot of head room...my last grow's head room was maybe 6 feet...these lights are easily around 8 feet, I would say.