What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

World of Warcraft

mangled

i played since release but quit bout a year before burning crusade came out
had a 60 dwarf rogue... was fun before battlegrounds came out and ruined it
so i sold it for 300 bucks and never looked back

G

warcraft is the devil and keeps nerds away from what they need most, sunlight and pussy!

Just say NO!

hhahahaha

I used to work in a record store back in Ohio and on Tuesdays all these stinky-hordes would come in. Seriously, the store instantly smelled like dirty bed-sheets from 12 o'clock on.

All these geeks came in, and I thought it was because tuesday was new release day.

Nope. Its the day the game is down so it can be serviced. They all looked seriously jaundiced too, like they never saw light except each tuesday.

I'll stick to my herb and booty addiction, thanks

Blue_adept

i have played Wow since Beta, i have several 70s, i enjoy herb, see the sun, and make sweet lovin' regularly. Enjoy your preconceived notions of wow players :p

BlueAdept

cannabudz

80 monk (mythical)
80 dirge (mythical)
80 warden (mythical)
80 Shadow knight (mythical)

I've only played WoW a couple times.. it wasnt my style.. I played Everquet 1 & 2.. played it for years. Now i am retired.. running four accounts on two PC's twoboxing, and running ACT and Vent... my PC's needed some rest as well.. I burned up two graphics cards and one CPU.. in my gaming day.. :) Fun fun stuff.. I always think about going back when i am sitting here doing nothing.. but,, its an addiction.. no for real, it is.. You think weed can be addicting,, heh.. :) trying Raiding 5 days a week at 6-8 hours a day.. and YES.. i would PWN you.. lol.. I think i had around 4500 plats in the bank when i quit. And i never bought coin off the web.. thats for posers.. I enjoyed EQ very much.. but needed to move on.. Not sure how this free video game would hold up to what im use to playing.. i might give it a try,, but i fear it will have me wanting to play everquest.. :) Muhahah..
here are a couple videos of some fun battles. (its not my guild, we where too cheap to buy the music rights, same battle though).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67N4nHI71yc&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2cYZDRNrCE&feature=fvw
here is a WoW vs. EQ2 video, pretty cool if you want to look at them side by side. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c89zUSadD2s&feature=related
EQ2 FTW!

Cannabudz.

Last edited:

willostat

I started up evony was entertaining for about 3 minutes. I prefer realm of empires on facebook but thats stagnating as all villages are taken and no ones in a major war. I played eq for a while too, seemed to suck at first but high end guilded was like heroin. Our guild was everday 4-8 hours everynight. Sometimes pushing triple that. Most of the people at the time had real time days played in the hundreds. I started right around the time kunark came out so got to see it for real and not twinked...with erudite sk. Owned ntov, sleepers tomb vex thall emperor ssra then got extremely bored probably due to all the key camping, won some vt shit logged out and never wanted to go back. Nothing cooler then being in skelly form with sk epic on a black horse!

cannabudz

Yes it is like D&D,, 'cept the video game is the GM/DM (game master/ dungeon master). that way all the peeps get to play against the video game and not another friend. Its crazy fun.. I enjoyed all the coordination between 24 people... at the high end of the game, you have to know your character like the wrinkles on your penis. If anyone fucked up during a hard battle,, it would bring the entire fight to a horrible ending, called a "wipe". And that could come due to a 1-2 second lag spike in anyones connection.. fun stuff... I loved all the communication between everyone on the team.. it felt like we where invading military installations with laser accuracy, and killing Generals...! /ROAR!
WTS 50 stack of silicates pst with offer.. tyvm.. :)

Cannabudz.

whodi

Veteran
nerdiest game in the world. so many people have dropped outta college and failed life because they let that game, and other games alike consume them..

I hate rpg games, FPS only.

Grendelkhan

I love the WOW. However like many things in life you should always do it with moderation. WOW is really a fun game but takes alot to get your charter to the highest level and you really need a good guild to get the best gear.
Peace.
Gkhan.

Budsack

nerdiest game in the world. so many people have dropped outta college and failed life because they let that game, and other games alike consume them..

I hate rpg games, FPS only.

Whatever dude I got my associates while playing wow. Only took 5 years. LOL!

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Is it like dungeons and dragons for computers?
They're all imitators :D

Dungeons and Dragons Online is changing from subscription to 'Free 2 Play' on Sept 9th.... Was supposed to be August 6th but they delayed it. You won't 'Neeed' a credit card to play but they've added a lot of convenience items and extras that cost cash or game time. :D

You can get a 10 day trial account right now at trial.ddo.com I suggest going to the forums and reading up on the differences between PnP (Pen and Paper) and the online version of D&D. I believe they're using ruleset 3.5 as the base.

The game engine is a class act and it's been a whole lot more fun than everquest and Eve were... :D