What's new

World Health Organization: Swine flu could spread globally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pirate

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death !!
Veteran
Last Tuesday, returning from his trip to Mexico..........President Barack Obama got off the helicopter in front of the White House. Under each arm he was carrying a baby piglet.

The squared away Marine guard snapped to attention, saluted, and said: "Nice pigs, Sir."

The President replied: "OH.......These are not just pigs. These are authentic Arkansas Razorback Hogs. They are highly prized possessions down in Mexico. I got one for Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and I got one for Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi."

The squared away Marine again snapped to attention, saluted while holding back a snicker, and said:............................. "Excellent trade, sir."

madrecinco

Veteran
why is it that the "medical profession' always has a solution that involves selling pills or vaccines to whoever comes in complaining about whatever. Why does not the doctor first go after diet/lifestyle? When was the last time you heard a doc say of course you are sick you fat fuck...lose some weight and get that insulin sensitivity under control. And totally off topic...but if someone has high blood pressure why isn't a low carb diet the treatment of choice...it will make someone lose water without the side effects of diuretics?

Seriously, this does not look like much of a threat at all to a healthy american...wait I see the prob, we are a nation of of unhealthy fat fucks...ohhh shit, we are doomed.

mmmmmm if you look at my posts I blast pharmaceutical companies for gouging and addicting the public....promote weed as a good natural medicine....hate opiate addiction....

The Doc does tell "fat fucks" all the time to diet and get their cholesterol and glucose under control and then writes a prescription as most of those "fat fucks" don't listen anyway.

And diuretics are not for weight loss but for CHF[congestive Heart Failure ]
and retention of h20 because of it....that is not getting rid of fat. ONLY excess water.....so ppl don't drown in their own fluids..

THE ONLY WAY TO GET RID OF FAT is diet and exersize.

Then we medical ppl take care of the sick "fat fucks" that don't listen to us or pay attention.

Hey YosemiteSam....Do you live up there on Ruby Ridge????/ te he

Y

YosemiteSam

I ask about the diuretics in relation to blood pressure, not fat. And water retention does contribute to high blood pressure. That is part of the problem with the med profession though...y'all don't listen for shit.

My main issue is that the medical profession just does not address root causes of problems...they address symptoms. Of course, that is far more profitable. And don't give me that shit about the patient not listening...if they don't listen tell them they are out of luck...let em feel the consequences for a while, bet that would get their attention.

Not even sure what you mean about Ruby Ridge...but nope, don't live there.

madrecinco

Veteran
I ask about the diuretics in relation to blood pressure, not fat. And water retention does contribute to high blood pressure. That is part of the problem with the med profession though...y'all don't listen for shit.

My main issue is that the medical profession just does not address root causes of problems...they address symptoms. Of course, that is far more profitable. And don't give me that shit about the patient not listening...if they don't listen tell them they are out of luck...let em feel the consequences for a while, bet that would get their attention.

Not even sure what you mean about Ruby Ridge...but nope, don't live there.

I just have a dry sense of humor that some don't get but yes fluid retention does raise blood pressure called hypervolemia and Furosemide...Bumex and other diuretics do reduce fluid volume but can lower potassium and you may need a potassium replacement.
That can cause arrythmias potassium off normal.
But some medical professionals DON'T listen and some do.

Same with patients....some listen and some don't so frustrations on both sides.

But most of us do care or we would not be in that business. I did not do it just for the money....but the money was sweet and getting sweeter for my kids these days.

Y

YosemiteSam

I just have a dry sense of humor that some don't get but yes fluid retention does raise blood pressure called hypervolemia and Furosemide...Bumex and other diuretics do reduce fluid volume but can lower potassium and you may need a potassium replacement.

You are making my point...originally I ask why docs don't just prescribe low carb diets to reduce fluid volume...instead of diuretics. Then you don't got to worry about those side effects.

The point is high blood pressure is a diet/lifestyle problem for all but an unlucky few...and it should be treated with diet lifestyle changes...no drugs.

Just like this flue...get people healthy in the first place and don't worry about it. And for the patients that don't listen...fuck em.

madrecinco

Veteran

You are making my point...originally I ask why docs don't just prescribe low carb diets to reduce fluid volume...instead of diuretics. Then you don't got to worry about those side effects.

The point is high blood pressure is a diet/lifestyle problem for all but an unlucky few...and it should be treated with diet lifestyle changes...no drugs.

Just like this flue...get people healthy in the first place and don't worry about it. And for the patients that don't listen...fuck em.

Well yes the first line to prevent hypertension is diet ....low sodium...exersize gets rid of excess fluid and lowers glucose as well and increases the metabolism.

But genetics like in my case can't be dieted off.

Hypertension is genetics....
age....
stress levels....and lifestyle.....no SPEED!!!!!!!
sodium intake....
arteries coated with fats and restricted blood flow resulting...atherosclerosis....

But as far as a low carb diet most ppl don't wanna give up pizza, potatoes, rice, bread, junk food and CARBS are the basis of the American diet.

But that is unhealthy BUT I JUST CAN'T BE A VEGAN!!!!! te he

I don't follow my own advice dear as is true with a lot of nurses.

groady-ho

as is all-too-common in my life, I succumbed to my
Veteran
healthy or not a virus can kill ya..and this swine flu is killing the younger stronger people at the moment..go figure..btw genetics play just as big a part in a personm's health as excercise and eating right..i say people need to eat less meat or go vegetarian..peace

Y

YosemiteSam

Go back far enough in any persons "genetics" and that family did not have diseases of modern civilization. These diseases only occured after agriculture. And yes I do agree the american diet is based on carbs...and we are the fattest, sickest on earth...coincidence? The argument of genetics is more of an excuse than a fact except in rare cases...show me someone that says I am genetically disposed to be fat and I will show you a fat fuck.

Plus I would argue that autoimmune problems start long before symptoms show up...so maybe those young people are already compromised and maybe not so healthy anyways.

I won't argue with vegan/vegetarian v omnivore...my opinion is both can be healthy choices as long as you stick to food that is not capitalized (you can patent a Cheeto, but you can't patent broccoli or beef...although you can poison beef with anitbiotics, hormones and grain which makes it a bad choice.

Then again...I could be totally wrong and it would serve my ass right to get the swine flue and be attacked by zombies in my weakened state...that would teach me.

madrecinco

Veteran
Go back far enough in any persons "genetics" and that family did not have diseases of modern civilization. These diseases only occured after agriculture. And yes I do agree the american diet is based on carbs...and we are the fattest, sickest on earth...coincidence? The argument of genetics is more of an excuse than a fact except in rare cases...show me someone that says I am genetically disposed to be fat and I will show you a fat fuck.

Plus I would argue that autoimmune problems start long before symptoms show up...so maybe those young people are already compromised and maybe not so healthy anyways.

I won't argue with vegan/vegetarian v omnivore...my opinion is both can be healthy choices as long as you stick to food that is not capitalized (you can patent a Cheeto, but you can't patent broccoli or beef...although you can poison beef with anitbiotics, hormones and grain which makes it a bad choice.

Then again...I could be totally wrong and it would serve my ass right to get the swine flue and be attacked by zombies in my weakened state...that would teach me.

mmmmmm darlin' I just have to ask about them ZOMBIES????/

I don't know any Zombies personally. Are you in Haiti????

L

loc

Theres a cure for it and all flu,but big Pharm does'nt want you to know.The cure is elderberrys.Look it up!!! I make wine out of them,but have a bunch in the freezer,for just such things.Its also effective on Avian flu,or any flu.3 days and its gone.Theres a product sold at drug stores called sambuccol.Buy some before its all gone.Its elderberry extract.Also look for elderberry,or elderflower tea.It will do the job. ...........Dont worry,be happy!!:joint:

madrecinco

Veteran
I still have to do the "Lola Cut and Paste Granny Computer School. "

just google it..like I do

.but they are now recommending
"SOCIAL DISTANCING"
in other words treat your friends and family like LEPERS! LOL

IT IS COMING!!!

Y

YosemiteSam

Not Haiti...but you are getting closer...actually I am in the state of inebriation. A state that I obviously should not post from...if karma strikes me with the swine flu, well guess I have it coming. I actually ignored the point about this particular virus striking the young moreso than the old and feeble...but that would have not allowed me to rant about the medical community. My bad.

I think that zombies somehow got mentioned earlier in this thread...and I was just saying I was more worried about zombies than swine flu. I find it irritating that stuff like this gets all this press...bet ya cigarettes are killin more people today than the swine flu.

El Vexilix

Nothing against you Ben Tech but you might want to turn that Rage Against the Machine down to a Lisa Simpson . You sound like me at 16 trying to wake sheeple up . We would prob agree with you if the tone was proper . Yes , I have a huge love-hate relationship with this country formerly known as America but hey , I think taking a Lisa Simpson approach to things is more likable and understandable .

My theory on the flu is that some paisano (Mexican dude) working at one of OUR f' up meat plant got infected in the U.S . He or she traveled back to Mexico and spread it from there , or infected somebody else , and that somebody else took it to Mexico .
Why are there over 100 ppl dead in Mexico? ..... because its a foreign strain that people aren't immune to over there . We've contaminated them IMO , and because they are not the best in hygiene(even though their dirty hands make their tacos de tripas taste better) they spread it amongst themselves easly .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts