What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Working out

right

Thanks for everyone's contributions, please feel free to follow and contribute at any level of understanding. Let's let everyone feel comfortable here😀

exoticrobotic

I'm going to focus on mostly cardio ,running straight out into the desert. Might put up a heavy bag . That's supposed to be good cardio.

I'm really just getting started. I need to get in shape for my health

Please be careful. This fitness malarkey can have serious effects on your health :biggrin:

If you are just starting out please take things gradually at first and maybe don't hit the desert with a loaded rucksack on your first run.

When i used to office work 8-6 many years ago there was this 5ft Scottish nutter who would run every single day at lunchtime at a sprint pace until he was pouring sweat.

He had a few hangeronners that would run with him. One day the new bloke decided to have a go.

Unfortunately the new bloke pushed himself too hard on this first run trying to keep up and corked it with a heart attack after 30 minutes.

Last edited:

right

Please be careful. This fitness malarkey can have serious effects on your health :biggrin:

If you are just starting out please take things gradually at first and maybe don't hit the desert with a loaded rucksack on your first run.

When i used to office work 8-6 many years ago there was this 5ft Scottish nutter who would run every single day around Canary Wharf at a sprint pace until he was pouring sweat.

He had a few hangeronners that would run with him. One day the new bloke decided to have a go.

Unfortunately the new bloke pushed himself too hard on this first run trying to keep up and corked

Sorry would like to address exoboticrobotic
I'm taking it easy, and I am under a doctor's supervision

it with a heart attack after 30 minutes.
Thank you for your ins
insitfull itfull and thoughtful advice..ideally I would like to reverse the clock of time and be captain yesterday ...just kidding.

I understand that I need to be careful at this age .I'm not as old as some think with Grey and grand children. But I'm not as old as I come off sometimes either

sublingual

At 72, doing woodwork can be a workout for me since it can get me tired. Even transplanting and cleaning the grow space burns a lot of calories. For cardio, I'll do an hour on a stationary bike 3-4 times a week. A year ago I had a great routine with a half hour bike and half hour free weights for the upper body. Then 20 minutes leg lifts and crunches for the midsection. This routine 4-5 times a week had me feeling great and I relished it for 6 months.
Deciding to move broke that good habit. After that it was all about getting the old place ready to sell and working on the new place. All that work kept me in shape though but not as good as the weight training. I did learn a bunch of stuff I didn't know before in fixing these houses.

right

Quick run to start the day after my chores were done . That and 3 lunges with each leg.
Then more chores and errands.

Don't know why the stopwatch and the Google fitness dont add up

planks and stomach later
Screenshot_20231024_114945_Samsung Health.jpg
20231024_113635.jpg

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I bought a treadmill a few years ago and really got into doing interval running. Really drops the weight off more so then just a steady run. Then once I got down to my weight goal (started at 185lbs down to 160lbs and I’m 5’6” tall) I bought a decent weight bench. I usually run 3 days a week and lift weights 1 day. I love it. Seems to really keep me grounded.

right

10 25 23
7 dips , a walking 5 squats with 2 25 lb dumb bells ,11 curls with 2 25 lb weights
An 18 minute run with 3 sets of 3 lunges with each leg

20231025_101059.jpg

Screenshot_20231025_101319_Samsung Health.jpg

The time on this isn't accurate the stop watch is. I need to figure out samsung health better.

I have to run an errand then I will finish up today with weighted sumo squats burpees and a plank

Brother Nature

Nice thread, I'd always been into running and cycling for my cardio and weights for the muscle work, but a few years ago after a particularly bad motorcycle accident I fell off that wagon. Sadly, running and cycling don't work as well for me now given the metal and shit in my left leg, knee, and ankle. I have found yoga to be the best constant exercise to keep up with my cardio and I discovered the Strong Man 5x5 work out while looking to physio for my leg. I only really need to do 2x of the strongman workouts a week and then yoga 2-3 days a week, it's made such an improvement to my mental and physical health, I love it. I also love smoking before the weight lifting haha, puts me right in the zone. I'd highly recommend the Strong Man workouts if you're finding going to a gym or hour long workouts aren't your thing.

right

10 26 23
Started with a one minute plank and did 1 continues series of 11 crunches ,11 situps 11 leg lifts 11diferent leg lifts 11 scissor kicks and 11 bysicle while engaging my core .

Then a 20 minute run doing 4 sets of 4 lunges with each leg. Still don't know why the time isn't the same with Samsung health

20231026_115805.jpg
Screenshot_20231026_115743_Samsung Health.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts