What's new

WINNERS~~HOLIDAY PET CONTEST 2009~~

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Thank you all so much for entering. My kitties and I have done our very best to select winners. Everyone who entered a photo is worthy of recognition! Such adorable pets, from cats to dogs, birds to ferret, fish and even a turtle too.

It really takes a good eye for capturing a competitive photo, not to mention camera skills, and the ability to set up the photo with a cooperative subject.

I applaud all your efforts and appreciate each and every one of you taking the time during your holiday to participate in this contest. I do hope that everyone enjoyed it, regardless of prizes involved.

I’m a super huge softy when it comes to pet pics, one look in their pleading eyes (which says pick me….pick ME!) and I’m suddenly indecisive.

So what I’ve tried to do, is place winners according to how the holidays were incorporated into the photo, focus, lighting, subject, and overall aesthetics of the photo….and not let all the cute pleading eyes get in my way of selecting the winners.

Without further ado here’s our winners!

Winners & Prizes:

1st Place: 1 pack each of Dutchgrown Seeds Sweetest Cindy99, LUI13, and White Lightening
Puffin fresh - Post #91
picture.php

2nd Place (Tie): 1 pack each of Dutchgrown Seeds Sweetest Cindy99 and LUI13
Headfortrinity - Post #69
picture.php

severian - Post #61
picture.php

3rd Place (Tie): 1 pack of Dutchgrown Seeds Sweetest Cindy99
PuReKnOwLeDgE - Post #24
picture.php

Doobieduck - Post #127
picture.php

Honorable Mention Sur-prizes! Each receives: 1 pack Dutchgrown Seeds (of my choice)

1. Icon - Post #50
picture.php

2. P.D.S. - Post #138
picture.php

3. Mrwags - Post #2
picture.php

4. Hammerhead - Post #57
picture.php

5. Habeeb - Post #83
picture.php

*Note - When I clicked on certain thumbnail photos to enlarge it to original size, they became very out of focus. For this reason some were not selected, but had they been in focus they would have surely been listed above.

Claiming Prizes:

Winners are to pm their shipping information to oldpink ON or AFTER Friday, Jan 8th. By doing it this way, it will give staff an opportunity to get a head start processing regularly placed orders received over the holiday closure at Sboo/Sbay prior to processing contest winnings. Thank you for your cooperation!

Congrats to everyone! Thank you for entering!!
Have a wonderful new year!!

:kitty:
DG

shaunmulok

Don't drink and drive home, Smoke dope and fly hom
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Congrats to all the lucky winners, it was fun
Congrats Puffin fresh on a very deserving pic well done
Stay Safe Cant wait for your next contest DG
Peace
Shaunmulok and Mellomel

I

idoreallytry

congrats winners,,,what a nice batch of prizes,,,,peace

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
Well, they all tried real hard for their best friend and if they had their way, you all would have won first prize... aren't they great. God love 'em ~

puffin fresh

ICMag Donor
Thanks Dutchgrown!! :thanks:

This was heaps of fun and when I found out that I had won a prize this afternoon I was so excited it wasn't funny. Congratulations to all the other winners and entrants, you all have some beautiful looking pets.

I can't wait to grow out some of your gear it all looks wicked. :abduct: This has put a very positive spin on my day. :)

I

icon

So stoked! This was alot of fun i certainly enjoyed seeing everyones pets with all these cute little buggers in our lives i feel we all won here.
Thanx dutchgrown & crew

OC80

I guess my photo wasnt in focus...:confused:

Well, there'll be more. Great pics every1. My other favorite, only got an honorable mention. Kittes must have different preferences, lol.

StellarP

ICMag Donor
Congrats everyone! Great photos. Now to figure out how to keep the dog from walking away when the camera comes out. He thinks i am trying to steal his soul.

Cheers
StellarP

P.D.S

Thanks DG it was a great contest. Everyone had awesome entries and im sure it was hard to pick the winners. Congrats to all the winners and i can't wait see these great prizes grown out.

H

headfortrinity

Thank you DG, you rock! This contest was a lot of fun :D And amazing prizes to boot! :gift:
Congratulations other winners :santa1:
:thanks:

headfortrinity

G

Ganja D

Nice everyone, my boy is down to enter next year. We enjoyed all the pics at our house.

C

Cookie monster

Well done to the winning entrys and thanks DG for the competition.

looking at the pics i'm thinking we're all winners to have the good fortune to share our lives with our pets.

M

Marywanna

Wow those were just great photos! I really enjoyed looking at them! Congrats to all of you ,your pets are all WINNERS!!! Please remember to Support Rescue this year!

Big D

icmagic
Veteran
Congrats y'all!!!! I really enjoyed everyones pics. All of your pets are winners to have such loving owners :D

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Please remember to Support Rescue this year!

I can understand someone wanting to purchase a 'pure breed' especially if looking for breeding parents, but those of you who are simply looking for a good pet and have no intentions of breeding, you'll not find a better source than your local animal shelter. Go have a look! Your new pet will give you endless hours of love in return!:snowkiss:

:kitty:
DG

Latest posts

Latest posts