What's new

Will there ever be a pure line of Zamal???

billyblog

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Will there ever be a pure line of Zamal made available or is this just not going to happen???

I must say, I get so sick of crosses. To me, it's watering down what I'm often specifically looking for.

billy

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
I got some in my fridge, I got them as freebies from Seedboutique a few years ago. GN used to have them for sale on Seedboutique.

I have my doubts if they'll actually germ since they're so old.

Jhhnn

Veteran
Will there ever be a pure line of Zamal made available or is this just not going to happen???

I must say, I get so sick of crosses. To me, it's watering down what I'm often specifically looking for.

billy

Not sure you'd really want pure Zamal. From the literature, it's a tropical sativa that grows particularly huge & takes a very, very long time to flower. Not particularly potent, either, although it has a unique effect, apparently.

There are a variety of other landrace genetics periodically available that are more easily tamed, varieties from all over the world.

What is it that you're looking for?

Rinse

Veteran
Not sure you'd really want pure Zamal. From the literature, it's a tropical sativa that grows particularly huge & takes a very, very long time to flower. Not particularly potent, either, although it has a unique effect, apparently.

There are a variety of other landrace genetics periodically available that are more easily tamed, varieties from all over the world.

From what I hear it is very potent - when grown in the Tropics or near to...
Some people want untamed, unhybridized sativa - And Zamal sounds like something I would want to try if I lived somehwere hot.

purple_man

Veteran
would love to get my hands on some pure zamal... sadly the boo stopped selling it... would be a great breeding tool, and special special headstash :)

blessss

Some people live in tropical climates and would like to try strains like this outdoors.

From what I hear it is very potent - when grown in the Tropics or near to...
Some people want untamed, unhybridized sativa - And Zamal sounds like something I would want to try if I lived somewhere hot.

oh yes pure zamal is very potent. The growth structure and lack of maintenance makes a great plant for anybody in a subtropical or tropical climate.

The smoke it supposed to be great, smooth with a carrot smell/flavor.

I would love some of the best zamal strains from la reunion itself.

mukuku

pure zamal high is very long lasting and so clear you think you haven't smoke anything and suddenly you've got some rushes in you face...

mango carrotte zamal high can be very potent in crosses ( I used Nl#5Haze x White Russian mâle ). very psychedelic ( with visual at night ) but not very comfortable, cold high and electric a little

picture.php

Jhhnn

Veteran
pure zamal high is very long lasting and so clear you think you haven't smoke anything and suddenly you've got some rushes in you face...

mango carrotte zamal high can be very potent in crosses ( I used Nl#5Haze x White Russian mâle ). very psychedelic ( with visual at night ) but not very comfortable, cold high and electric a little

View Image

Your description of the high reminds me of little thai sticks, circa 1972... you don't even think you're high until you realize that you're absolutely soaring, and gaining altitude fast.

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
Why not just look for a zamal leaning pheno? The african phenos are very easy to spot based on leaf shape. They are F1s after all. Believe me there are no downsides to adding Malawi and Meao Thai to the mix!

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
From what I have seen of the Angola Thai a pure Zamal crossed with Charlies Meao Thai would be a fantastic cross.
You got any of those Dubi?

S

scai

People do want pure landraces (if there is really one? Right word would be acclimatised?)
But they don't realize that landraces are not easy to grow.They take plenty on space and light and can be very whispy when ready.Very picky too.
It would be ideal to live in Spain, Australia, etc...and be able to grow outside alll year long ;)

wingdings

Veteran

View Image

The first zamaldelica I had was similar to this in its high. I was unsure of how high I was until I tried to focus. I just kept having to close my eyes and mentally regroup every few moments. It did not have a warm comforting feeling that I enjoy a lot. It was like a wire frame like Terpene described before.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Zamal x Meao Thai
Zamal x (Green Haze x Thai)
Zamal x Double Thai
Zamal x (Vietnamese x Meao Thai)
Zamal x (Purple Haze x Thai)
Zamal x Congo
Zamal x Bangi Haze

In that order of preference, but I'd get off the fence and jump at any of these.

I think the Zamal x Congo may have already been done, but the description makes it sound like it is not that potent. It may have been a different La Reunion Island individual/strain.

Perhaps if we can keep this thread bumped to the top for a couple of years, who knows!

:biggrin:

Cheers,

ThaiBliss

P.S. I should have made the Congo a (Congo x Thai) and the Bangi Haze a (Bangi Haze x Thai). Ha! I crack myself up.

:smoky:

Last edited:
What about Seeds of Africa's Zamal Reunion they have available? It is supposed to be a pure landrace from La Reunion Island. Anyone have any info about SOA's Zamal line? I picked up a pack and looking forward to seeing whats its all about.

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
The first zamaldelica I had was similar to this in its high. I was unsure of how high I was until I tried to focus. I just kept having to close my eyes and mentally regroup every few moments. It did not have a warm comforting feeling that I enjoy a lot. It was like a wire frame like Terpene described before.

Zamaldelica has been described by my medical patient friends as "positive-yet scary, anxious, the ramping up effect before psychedelics hit, terror inducing but calm, penetratingly paralyzing and (my favorite) the scared adrenaline rush you get mid-flight while cliff diving."

Or to put it another way: Dumbo - Pink Elephants On Parade

The "fear" or "anxious" aspect the Zamal adds to the mix in Zamaldelica is not to be taken lightly. Its not paranoia, but as Wingdings said - you'll find yourself taking deep breaths to calm yourself down. Plan on saying "*deep breath* whoooooo.. its ok... its ok, I'm just high, its only weed" a lot.

I've seen similar effects from eating one too many sativa brownies - so high its reaching the ceiling of comfortable and the point of uncomfortable. Truly terror-iffic scary high. :biggrin:

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Zamaldelica has been described by my medical patient friends as "positive-yet scary, anxious, the ramping up effect before psychedelics hit, terror inducing but calm and penetratingly paralyzing."

The "fear" or "anxious" aspect the Zamal adds to the mix in Zamaldelica is not to be taken lightly. Its not paranoia, but as Wingdings said - you'll find yourself taking deep breaths to calm yourself down. Plan on saying "*deep breath* whoooooo.. its ok... its ok, I'm just high, its only weed" a lot.

:laughing:

I want that cut! I don't smoke to relax. I smoke for an "experience". I want it to remind me of when the world was brand new. I'm looking for that "Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore" feeling.

My fear is that I would wind up with ones that are too narcotic from the Malawi side. I suppose if I bought 3 packs of Zamaldelica, I'd be likely to find what you are describing. But I think that if Zamal x Meao Thai was offered, it would be all but guaranteed.

Cheers,

ThaiBliss

Jhhnn

Veteran

I want that cut! I don't smoke to relax. I smoke for an "experience". I want it to remind me of when the world was brand new. I'm looking for that "Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore" feeling.

My fear is that I would wind up with ones that are too narcotic from the Malawi side. I suppose if I bought 3 packs of Zamaldelica, I'd be likely to find what you are describing. But I think that if Zamal x Meao Thai was offered, it would be all but guaranteed.

Cheers,

ThaiBliss

I've never before seen Malawi described as "too narcotic"- quite the opposite.

I'll need to actually smoke some to say any more than that.

Lammy

Cheers,

ThaiBliss

the ace site is down so I cannot verify. but the feminized version of the zamal is crossed with the reversed killer Malawi mom. but the regular beans are zamal * Thai/Malawi.

I could be wrong though I'm just learning ace's genetics