What's new

will fluoride accumulate in my plants from tap water?

guy fawkes

Veteran
as the question states, im currently phasing out all fluoride from mine and my families life and was wondering will i have to filter my plants water to since cannabis is know to hang on to heavy metals
thanks

That's a great question. I wish I had the answer to that. I purchased an RO filter 2 years ago and will never go back. All the water we cook and drink with is from the RO filter. All the water my plants get is also RO water.
I too wanted to eliminate Fluoride aswell, Since most bottled water has Fluoride too. I have tested Tap, RO and bottled water with a ppm meter. Tap is anywhere from 50-150. Bottled water is about 30-50 and RO water is about 2-10 depends on how clean the filters are.

guy fawkes

Veteran
im not going the ro route just good old fashioned filters, its cheaper and still effective, ive also been reading about government poisons in plastic packaging , i forgot the name but its basicly a industrial estrogen that contaminates what evers in the packaging, im still researching and depending on the outcome i may be phasing plastics out to

Yes it's called BPA. Bad stuff.
You need an RO filter to filter out Fluoride I beileve. Regular filters only filter out sediments. I could be wrong. You can get an RO machine for about $200-$250 not that expensive when u factor how much you spend on bottled water.

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
molasses is great for most things especially our favorite plant!

fluoride needs to be removed from a ton of stuff right now!

hell anything to do with toothpaste and dental car screams that it has fluoride in it as if its a GREAT thing.

guy fawkes

Veteran
Yes it's called BPA. Bad stuff.
You need an RO filter to filter out Fluoride I beileve. Regular filters only filter out sediments. I could be wrong. You can get an RO machine for about $200-$250 not that expensive when u factor how much you spend on bottled water.

There are a few companies that do proper fluoride filters over here now mate folk are catching on quick the water is posioned and taking action, theres a basic one for chlorine pesticides and general shite then a secondary one to filter the fluoride and anything else that could be in that not supposed to be, estrogen to i believe , gravity fed to just put 10l of tap water in the top wait a couple of hours and collect CLEAN water out the tap on the bottom the kit cost about £70 ($130) and a new set of filters every 6 month £20,
yeah bpa thats the stuff, i know a lot about hormones and what they do and estrogen (bpa is a super potent one synthetic) fucks the male body up big time,from cancer to depression low fertiliety, low testosterone to homsexuality :/

Last edited:

guy fawkes

Veteran
molasses is great for most things especially our favorite plant!

fluoride needs to be removed from a ton of stuff right now!

hell anything to do with toothpaste and dental car screams that it has fluoride in it as if its a GREAT thing.

ive not used toothpaste since i was a kid and first read about fluoride , do you know it has a half life in the body of 20 fucking years and it takes 5 half lifes for a substance to clear. so if you stopped you fluoride intake now unassisted (there are ways to speed it up) it would take 100 years for your body to be fluoride free.
its been proven that only low exposure from drinking water will knock a good 20 plus points from your iq by the time your 12.
its also shown to calcify the pienal gland, our 3rd eye.

Last edited:

guy fawkes

Veteran
the only 'safe' fluoride is calcium fluoride as the calcium helps displace the fluoride so you piss it out rather than store it but its still not good for you in ANY form

F

Funion

Interesting question...
I'd like to hear some informed opinions.

For removing fluoride from your system turn to borax (sodium tetraborate).
There is a fair amount of info about fluoride detox on the internet.
earthclinic.com is my #1 favorite place to research non allopathic remedies from around the world.
Ask if you would like further info!

guy fawkes

Veteran
Interesting question...
I'd like to hear some informed opinions.

For removing fluoride from your system turn to borax (sodium tetraborate).
There is a fair amount of info about fluoride detox on the internet.
earthclinic.com is my #1 favorite place to research non allopathic remedies from around the world.
Ask if you would like further info!

Id love to hear any extra input you have on the subject mate,
cheers

guineapig

Veteran
This is a good question....:abduct:

The answer to your question is "chelation."
Chelation is the process of sequestering or isolating toxic molecules in
certain plant tissues. This allows the plant to continue growing and so
that essential processes can effectively function. Much research has
been done in soils with heavy metals such as Cadmium and Mercury.
I believe there is a study testing the effectiveness of hemp plants in
the detoxification of the Chernobyl disaster, so also chelation could
be a solution to radioactive contamination.

Fluoride and Chlorine absorption probably depend on a number of factors
including soil (or growing medium) properties. If it is similar to the
heavy metal absorption, I would conjecture that the Fluoride and Chlorine
would be chelated by the plant and stored in the fan leaves, far away
from the reproductive structures.

Again, this is a good question and perhaps if we read a few plant journal
articles about "chelation" we would have a more accurate answer.

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

siddhartha

the only 'safe' fluoride is calcium fluoride as the calcium helps displace the fluoride so you piss it out rather than store it but its still not good for you in ANY form

The brushing thing is safer cause you don't swallow toothpaste. The fluoride is absorbed directly by your teeth and very little into your blood stream/brain/kidneys. So it helps strength your teeth without all the brain damage.

But i do agree with you that fluoride is not safe in the water supply at all.

Sidd

Littleleaf

Veteran
I would haft to disagree with this statement about not getting to your blood stream.
When I used toothpaste, no matter how much I rinsed my mouth out. It would still make me sick as hell.
The blood vessels in your mouth are only a few sells from the surface.

They make vitamin drops that you put under you tung just to get it in your blood stream quicker.

Even if you don't swallow it,it still will be absorbed into you blood stream.

The brushing thing is safer cause you don't swallow toothpaste. The fluoride is absorbed directly by your teeth and very little into your blood stream/brain/kidneys. So it helps strength your teeth without all the brain damage.

But i do agree with you that fluoride is not safe in the water supply at all.

Sidd

Latest posts

Latest posts