What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Will ash hurt plant?

H

Huckster79

I'm a circle of life guy... When I empty vaporizer or bowl I toss it in one of my girls... More dignified end than the trash bin or sink...

Am I the only weirdo that does this? I can't imagine it really has any true benefit or negative to the plant would it?

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You hit the nail square on the head.

Not necessarily a bad idea, if your lacking, but it could throw your soil outa whack pretty quickly.

H

Huckster79

Oh shit! There goes my crazy circle of life theory... Guess I may be over medicating...

Nah its cool, save you ash definitely, save your roaches, resin balls , start a worm bin and introduce these cana waste to them. ;-) The elemental content gets digested slightly but mostly retained, also the process will mellow out the alkalinity, but the worms hopefully get ripped off the cannbinoids lol.

TerpeneDream

In "One Straw Revolution", Masanobu Fukuoka talks about trying ash on his fields…Said it kept predator insects away, which will then allow unpleasant insects in. That doesn't sound good to me...

St. Phatty

Nah its cool, save you ash definitely, save your roaches, resin balls , start a worm bin and introduce these cana waste to them. ;-) The elemental content gets digested slightly but mostly retained, also the process will mellow out the alkalinity, but the worms hopefully get ripped off the cannbinoids lol.

Should I be pouring my bong-water on the worm compost pile ? :dance013:

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Should I be pouring my bong-water on the worm compost pile ? :dance013:

I wouldn't.

The shit in your bong water is the shit you didn't want to consume....

That said; if you pour filthy bong water thru a couple coffee filters,
you'll get some clear yellow water that will dry up a case of poison ivy faster and better than Calamine lotion does.

S

sourpuss

I wouldn't.

The shit in your bong water is the shit you didn't want to consume....

you'll get some clear yellow water that will dry up a case of poison ivy faster and better than Calamine lotion does.

Cool new poison ivy biz coming soon haha

Betterhaff

Veteran
lol…I’ll have to try that. I was never allergic to poison ivy until I got hit a few years ago…guerilla growing. It was bad and I mean bad. The only problem I see is smelling like a filthy bong but if it works it would be well worth it…remembering the agony I went thru.

CoCoSativas

I'm a circle of life guy... When I empty vaporizer or bowl I toss it in one of my girls... More dignified end than the trash bin or sink...

Am I the only weirdo that does this? I can't imagine it really has any true benefit or negative to the plant would it?

They use ash in africa to feed plants so i dont put more than like the the doobies ash in the pots from like say when im in there toking and working.

I grow coco these days so i dont ash in them at all. I did one time and some lit shit fell in there and lit a few dry strands of coco it was comical i put it out with solution (calmly i might add) so ashing in containers is a bad habit from my old soil days i dont do it at all anymore

Latest posts

Latest posts