What's new

Why the sudden rush to Legalize? $$$$

jawnroot

Just look at the grow Pirate has setup. After hearing his piece, it's fairly plain he's got a vested interest in keeping it illegal. Let's just hope karma doesn't come and bite him in the ass one day.

I wouldn't let anything he says have an impact on you.

D

DryAndHigh

Do ya wanna talk about selfish??
I notice that none of this discussion is taking into consideration the effects on the Medical Community. If any Joe Blow is suddenly allowed to smoke for the hell of it then..........There really was no legit medical usage was there? Let's just abolish the whole Medical thing cause now its just a big farse. If Medical Marijuana really was for medical purposes and now its not then why don't we just ban ALL prescriptions for ALL pharmaceutical drugs and let everyone have access to anything they want. The state can tax it at ............oh lets say...........$50.00 per bottle.

Its the same thing.

sorry man, but freedom is infinitely more important to me than med users proving to the public that their medical use of marijuana is justified. Besides, why should they care anyway.

. If Medical Marijuana really was for medical purposes and now its not then why don't we just ban ALL prescriptions for ALL pharmaceutical drugs and let everyone have access to anything they want. The state can tax it at ............oh lets say...........$50.00 per bottle.

Its the same thing.
no, it's not. One needs millions of dollars of research done by people in white coats and the other only requires a seed. There are other plants that have both a responsible medicinal and recreational purpose. You cannot say the same of any pharmaceutical.

Koroz

Just look at the grow Pirate has setup. After hearing his piece, it's fairly plain he's got a vested interest in keeping it illegal. Let's just hope karma doesn't come and bite him in the ass one day.

which he should have the right too, what I don't understand is someone with his obvious talent, wouldn't be happy to pay a tax and hit a broader audience by opening up his own "farmers market" of sorts.

I know if I could grow, and grow as well as some of the people on these boards I would be happy as a pig in shit at the chance of opening my own mom and pop cannabis storefront and be able to survive on it.

Maybe its greed? I don't know and I don't want to speculate. Just something that has made me kinda go "hmmm" since these discussions have been kicking up lately.

Pirate

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death !!
Veteran

Its a beautiful "Cave"............ is it not?

Your "karma" comment sounds like hopeful voodoo to me. I don't wish the same for you my friend.

So what I am getting from the responses is that the Medical Community was being used for a bigger agenda.

OK..........At least we're being honest.

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Commercial growers are going to hate this law. That's a gimme.

I think there are still going to be "bootleg" growers. They are just going to have to sell under the price that is being charged by the legal growers.

As for med users, unless I missed something, how does this affect them? I'm more interested in Obama's stance on this. He has said he won't raid or interfere with medical marijuana. He didn't say anything regarding recreational use. This could get interesting....

jawnroot

Your "karma" comment sounds like hopeful voodoo to me. I don't wish the same for you my friend.

So what I am getting from the responses is that the Medical Community was being used for a bigger agenda.

Pirate wrote me a PM, not as nicely phrased. This was my response:

My man, I don't wish ill on anyone, I wanna make that very clear. All I'm saying is, you're arguing against a bill for legalization, when you have federal-level shit going in your place. Your greed must be thick if that's the case -- so thick that its blinding you to the severity of your situation, should the worst case happen.

Either way, if you're gonna sit there and argue against a well-written and well-meaning bill for the sake of your own personal gain, then you're no friend of mine.

Good luck.

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
JJ is right. The only folks affected by this are commercial growers. In order to become a commercial grower, one has to pay for a license($5,000) and $2500 a year. Also has to go through a 10 years background check, which eliminates most of us. Then your name is on a list for the DEA to come in and wipe out all commercial growers and their customers.

BigHerb is also right. Cali politicians will rush to pass a law that gains them more tax money, but won't lift a finger to protect those same growers from the feds. The bill is a joke as long as the Feds declare it illegal!

FreedomFGHTR

Veteran
As for med users, unless I missed something, how does this affect them? I'm more interested in Obama's stance on this. He has said he won't raid or interfere with medical marijuana. He didn't say anything regarding recreational use. This could get interesting....

It's like throwing a dog a bone. No real meat, but atleast we get something. My bet is that this is his way of appeasing the stoners, and keeping his campaign promise. I do not expect the feds to support a full on legalization for atleast another decade. Before today I would have said 20 years... Oh wait... I became fully legal as of today, with the AG/DEA announcement! oh the irony that I just had my reccomendation renewed earlier today and planted 19 plants in my closet before reading that...

I declare the last week in February from now on as Weed Week!

Koroz

JJ is right. The only folks affected by this are commercial growers. In order to become a commercial grower, one has to pay for a license($5,000) and $2500 a year. Also has to go through a 10 years background check, which eliminates most of us. Then your name is on a list for the DEA to come in and wipe out all commercial growers and their customers.

BigHerb is also right. Cali politicians will rush to pass a law that gains them more tax money, but won't lift a finger to protect those same growers from the feds. The bill is a joke as long as the Feds declare it illegal!

the problem is the feds will never start changing their ways until the states start pushing the issue. The only way to push the issue is to start passing bills like this.

No one is saying its the answer to everyones prayers, but its a start. We will never get it perfect the first time around, and anyone who tries to tell different lives in a fantasy world. Look at Medical Cannabis, it all started with one state. And its rolling into something great.

Pirate

Veteran
Pirate wrote me a PM, not as nicely phrased. This was my response:

My man, I don't wish ill on anyone, I wanna make that very clear. All I'm saying is, you're arguing against a bill for legalization, when you have federal-level shit going in your place. Your greed must be thick if that's the case -- so thick that its blinding you to the severity of your situation, should the worst case happen.

Either way, if you're gonna sit there and argue against a well-written and well-meaning bill for the sake of your own personal gain, then you're no friend of mine.

Good luck.
Oh Your a real piece of work. I wrote you in private like a man and you go and pull; some shit like this? What a low life.

I had more here but just deleted it. I decided I was not like you and maybe I'll get some "Good Karma" out of it.

jawnroot

Pirate, give it a rest. You sling insults at me in private messages, and somehow I'm supposed to be beholden to you? You, a person who puts profiteering over the natural rights of the people around him.

Pirate

Veteran
Pirate, give it a rest. You sling insults at me in private messages, and somehow I'm supposed to be beholden to you? You, a person who puts profiteering over the natural rights of the people around him.
I will give it a rest but..........I slung NOT ONE insult at you in a PM and you know it.

Here is my PM after asking me for a "tutorial on cloning": Wheres the insult? I simple interpreted your comment?

Sorry OldTimer..........But your "Lets hope "KARMA" doesn't bite him in the ass someday" comment was a sarcastic back handed way of actually saying..........."Lets hope he gets busted and then justice will be served".

Yet being to much of a puss to actually say it strait up.

Have a good life.

End PM

FreedomFGHTR

Veteran

If you were to lose your livelihood I think you might be upset too. Big commercial money making growers have been taking big time risks to get their weed to the masses. If it weren't for them the prices of good herb would be higher than they already are for the average toker. They have a legitmate say in this too. Their perspective is just as important. Maybe the idea of having to be subjected to a background check to get state approval to do what he has been doing for years makes same people upset. Probably cause those people won't get approved for some bs reason the state gives because it can't have everyone growing now.. Since the background check is an issue I stuggle with, I am going to get myself grandfathered by incorporating my medical grow with the state as coop biz with a few other patients. That way if ab 390 does pass I have two different routes, hook up med patients with cheaper weed because they paid doctors tax instead of being super lazy, or going commercial w/ a grandfathered in licence. I don't think the background checks will be a big deal for the first round of licence applications anyways.

jawnroot

Pirate said:
I will give it a rest but..........I slung NOT ONE insult at you in a PM and you know it.

Here is my PM: Wheres the insult? I simple repeated your comment?

Sorry OldTimer..........But your "Lets hope "KARMA" doesn't bite him in the ass someday" comment was a sarcastic back handed way of actually saying..........."Lets hope he gets busted and then justice will be served".

Yet being to much of a puss to actually say it strait up.

Have a good life.

Pirate, let me spell it out for you: The PM you wrote was a nastier way of saying the same thing you said here in the public forum...I.E.:

Pirate said:

Now compare that to the PM. Basically the same, right? So I responded to you via PM, and also in the forum. If you want to blame someone for that, blame yourself for -- one -- grossly misconstruing a statement, and -- two -- stating essentially the same thing both publicly and privately.

And for the record, calling someone a coward and a pussy is indeed an insult where I come from.

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Ok! Everybody be cool! Its just a discussion and no one has to attack anyone else to get their point heard. We can discuss this like adults and not have a shit slingin fest. Pirate and Jawnroot both have valid points based on how the bill will effect them. Leave the other stuff for pms and make your point in the discussion at hand. Respect where the other is coming from and just listen. We all got a stake in this. Some it will affect way more than others. I could see how this would make some people more edgy than others. Paying all that in taxes and licenses to be allowed to do something I have been breaking the law doing for goin on 20 years? No thanks but it will open many doors(good and bad).

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
the problem is the feds will never start changing their ways until the states start pushing the issue. The only way to push the issue is to start passing bills like this.

No one is saying its the answer to everyones prayers, but its a start. We will never get it perfect the first time around, and anyone who tries to tell different lives in a fantasy world. Look at Medical Cannabis, it all started with one state. And its rolling into something great.

its been 13 years since CUA was passed and they are STILL raiding...

Pirate

Veteran
Sorry Rainman !!
I was raising my point of view just like everyone else until I got the "Karma's gonna get me" comment right of the blue. I took it to PMs but...........Well.........You see. Here we are.

Wasn't lookin to hijack your thread. Can't change minds so I'm not gonna try.

Peace !!

Latest posts

Latest posts