What's new

Why the sudden rush to Legalize? $$$$

33 Degrees

Legislation is a step in the right direction. It has to pass first. If it does, there will be alot of people that say it's not this or that. It will have many bugs in it. It can be amended. Kinda sorta fix as you go along. At least you could safely smoke at home. Ever smoked at home and had unwelcome cops knock on your door? Yeah, they don't bust you, but now they know. Ever transported loud, unburnt reefer in your car? Highly unsafe. Some of our US states are much harsher than others. Mine is. Even though it is decriminalized here, they are pricks about busting you. After that, try getting a job. Possession of Marijuana less than an ounce. Can't get a decent job. Can't ever get it expunged in this state. I've been smoking and growing for over 35 years and would welcome it. This is kinda like when everybody bitched about Windows 95 and how unstable it was. I loved using it. So what, it wasn't perfect.
Long live old school weed, Colombian Gold Rules!

A

avgjoe

I'm excited that this bill is being discussed and also getting national press coverage. A video discussing the bill was on the front page of CNN.com today and they discussed a text message poll where 95% of the respondents were for legalization. Kind of odd to see the mainstream media giving mj a fair shot.

Anyways, I am for the bill but I wish the one thing they could do is put a cap on the grow size. This could put tax money in their pockets but also put downward pressure on the industry to keep large corporations from reaping all the profits and flooding the market. The little guy (and likely democrat) is still able to farm and support themselves with small scale operations outside of the corporate world.

That's my pipe dream but it would be nice if the CA gov looked out for the small time CA citizen while they eye a new income stream. Growsize caps would be a simple solution.

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
I'm excited that this bill is being discussed and also getting national press coverage. A video discussing the bill was on the front page of CNN.com today and they discussed a text message poll where 95% of the respondents were for legalization. Kind of odd to see the mainstream media giving mj a fair shot.

Anyways, I am for the bill but I wish the one thing they could do is put a cap on the grow size. This could put tax money in their pockets but also put downward pressure on the industry to keep large corporations from reaping all the profits and flooding the market. The little guy (and likely democrat) is still able to farm and support themselves with small scale operations outside of the corporate world.

That's my pipe dream but it would be nice if the CA gov looked out for the small time CA citizen while they eye a new income stream. Growsize caps would be a simple solution.

I don't think government regulation over size or plant count is productive. That is like them coming in and saying there can only be 1 walmart per city because if they had 2 then odds are more small stores would have to close down.

Supply and demand and pricing will dictate who remains a factor in the cash game with this.

Like Budweiser vs. Micro Brewery - sure budweiser and the other big boys take most of the profit BUT if done correctly some small timers have landed decent cashflow. I don't think the government should have to come in and tell the bigger boys to play nice so everyone can get a piece of the pie. Sounds a bit too communistic to me personally.

There will always be the haves and have nots and then those who complain about both sides and never do anything about it.

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Yeah I linked the video earlier in this thread in one of my posts. Sadly the video goes more to the what bad could happen if legalized slant. At least it is on the front page nationally. Another issue will be the fighting between different groups that oppose or endorse. The side with the most money wins. Kinda like the Gay rights deal. Most had no idea who was behind it until it had been voted on. Will be interesting to see who is for and against the bill. Again how can this not be good for all of us? I still am having a hard time seeing where this could hurt the community in the long run.

medmaker420

Veteran
Yeah I linked the video earlier in this thread in one of my posts. Sadly the video goes more to the what bad could happen if legalized slant. At least it is on the front page nationally. Another issue will be the fighting between different groups that oppose or endorse. The side with the most money wins. Kinda like the Gay rights deal. Most had no idea who was behind it until it had been voted on. Will be interesting to see who is for and against the bill. Again how can this not be good for all of us? I still am having a hard time seeing where this could hurt the community in the long run.

I am sure when the prohibition ended and "how" they planned to regulate it had many people bitching and moaning as well. All of the backyard brewers and so on BUT in the end it will all work itself out.

If enough people don't like a law they CAN change it, like what you said about the gay marriage deal. I was surprised at the results especially here in California BUT when it comes down to it, who has the money and the most people ready to back it up and actually get out the vote.

Most wait for others to do it for them and bitch when nothing changes, some people are trying for real change here and putting their necks on the line and we will soon see who is really for or against this.

Also for instance, if 90%+ Californias vote for the legalization then guess who just won a LARGE voter base for siding with them? I see the republicans wanting a piece of that pie as well, it generates income which they LOVE and it will allow them to get democrats possibly on their side IF they lead the legalization charge.

I hate politics BUT for real change you have to do something, start locally if needed. We here in "fill in the blank" are going to be doing door to door campaigns soon enough and I know there will be plenty more doing grassroots efforts as well.

Can we get some petition signatures going around? I would sit in front of any and all supermarkets with a nice big old sign that reads

"Should the government regulate what an adult can eat or drink"

just to get their butts to the booth.

Most will odds are wonder what it is all about, I think I can get more people there with a sly and odd statement versus saying

"SUPPORT MARIJUANA LEGALIZATION - I'M A POTHEAD AND HAVE THE MUNCHIES"

once you get them talking then discuss the med rights then legalization, get a signature and hand them a flyer to a "Website" that they can send others to in support.

If enough of us got together and actually put out the effort we could legalize most anything, get rid of gun bans and actually live in a liberty loving country once again AND without having to go up in arms against our government or other governments like the patriots before us had to do.

K

Kola Radical

Legalize it... get the black market out of it. It's time that expert horticulturalists are recognized for their art and it's time for us all to stop hiding and being paranoid.

FRANKENBLUNT420

me blunt is like, wicked yo!! owight
well my opinion is coming from my very few experiences so far in growing.

so far all of the people that i am directly dealing with, as far as teaching them how to grow or grow partnerships, have always resulted in the newb-grower's only motivation of the grow is money.

i had to laugh at one point because they very first guy i ever decided to grow with or rather teach to grow, was all but too offended when i told him that my main purpose for growing was not for money. the next guy i ma gonna guide is always tellin me " you aint on your game" or " you aint about your hustle"; mind you, hes never grown a plant in his life and is already giving me advice about how to grow.

all of that to say this; cannabis is definitely a cash crop there's no doubt about it, but if you dont take proper care of the plant, you wont see any type of results whether it be the end product of a grow or the financial aspect. for most, if not all, cannabis has a deeper meaning to and in peoples lives. it can and does do so much for people that it borders on being a moral or ethical wrong to wanna have it anything but legalized. but then again as someone else posted, we are going to grow anyway so they might as well go ahead and legalize. decrim is not good enough. people need their meds and i dont really drink booze like that, so i need "my" libation. why does anyone have to their choices forced down their throat?

and if anything its about time anyway. i agree totally with another post on here that referred to not easing up on whatever efforts any organization has towards some cannabis freedom which is decrim and med states right. you all know how it is, give em an inch theyll take a lightyear!! all of you cannabis profiteers better hurry up and get that last buck cause your time is coming to and end as well!! it heals and they KNOW its gonna boost the economy, just by looking at the revenue that other countries have and are raking in, so how long will it be before "they" realize that they are having moral issues about something that you logically would seem to be foolish about having some or any moral dilemma about?

cut the crap and legalize it already!

Insanity is Sold to us Daily, and it is painted with the Face of Twisted Reality....

This all but good... it's a straight set-up...

I said a while back that i was gonna stay out of these threads but I have to say that, FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE WORRIED ABOUT GOING TO JAIL OR ARE WORRIED ABOUT YOUR FRIENDS THAT ARE IN JAIL, I DON'T WORRIE B/C I SIMPLY DON'T NEED TO GROW 10-20 POUNDS OF BUD EVERY 6 MONTHS

And if any one is worried about getting busted for growing then maybe you shouldn't grow to get rich off of the shit, just grow for your own stash and your Family and THAT'S IT!!!!!! WE DON'T NEED THIS PRETTY PAINTED BILL TO DO THE MINNIMUM.. WE ALREADY HAVE THE LAW THAT WE NEED TO GROW OUR OWN WITH OUT BEING BUSTED RIGHT???

I say no, HELL NO!!!!!! THERE'S ALWAYS SOME HIDDEN BULLSHIT IN THESE BILLS, ISN'T IT ALWAYS THAT WAY? WHEN HAVE THEY EVER BEEN OUT TO HELP, TRULY HELP, NEVER NEVER NEVER.... IT'S ALL ABOUT THEM....

SO FOR ME, THE MEDICAL MJ LAWS AS THEY ARE SET RIGHT NOW, ARE JUST FINE, I HAVE NO WORRIES B/C I AIN'T GROWING 10,000 WATTS +++, AND FOR THOSE WHO DO WORRY, HMMMMMM.. MAKE YOUR MONEY THE LEGIT WAYS, AND GO TO WORK.....:wallbash:

MONEY TALKS AND ......................:fsu::fsu::fsu::fsu::fsu:

WHAT A MESS, AND THEY LOVE TO SEE US RUNNING FOR OUR TURN TO GET FKCED, WHAT A MESS,

KNOW YOUR ENEMIES, WHAT WE NEED IS A STRAIGHT FORWARD APPROACH AND NONE OF THIS $$$$$$$ SHIT TO SPEAK ABOUT MJ LEGALIZATION..... IT NEEDS TO BE FOR THE CAUSE NOT FOR THE $$$$$$$$, THEY SHOULD FIX THE ECONOMY, B/C THEY FUCKED IT UP, WY SHOULD WE POUR DOLLARS OUT OF OUR POCKETS TO FIX THEIR PROBLEMS, WE DIDN'T DO THIS SHIT, OH... BUT THEY SEE THAT WE CANNABIS COMMUNITY ARE DESPERATE DESPERATE FOR THE LEGAL USE OF OUR SACRED HERB, SO THEY WILL FUCK THE NEXT ONES IN LINE THAT WILL GIVE THEM MONEY......NEXT............

Last edited:

mixin

it would be major if these terrible economic times brought everyone down to a point where everyone gets off their high horse and realizes that weed is not even a topic that needs to be debated.

if the government needs to make money from weed to help stabilize the economy then....... is that not just what everyone has been saying weed could do for years and years?

if we could just get past some of the stupid ideals of the past we may actually be able to move forward

jawnroot

Insanity is Sold to us Daily, and it is painted with the Face of Twisted Reality....

I said a while back that i was gonna stay out of these threads but I have to say that, FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE WORRIED ABOUT GOING TO JAIL OR ARE WORRIED ABOUT YOUR FRIENDS THAT ARE IN JAIL, I DON'T WORRIE B/C I SIMPLY DON'T NEED TO GROW 10-20 POUNDS OF BUD EVERY 6 MONTHS

And if any one is worried about getting busted for growing then maybe you shouldn't grow to get rich off of the shit, just grow for your own stash and your Family and THAT'S IT!!!!!! WE DON'T NEED THIS PRETTY PAINTED BILL TO DO THE MINNIMUM.. WE ALREADY HAVE THE LAW THAT WE NEED TO GROW OUR OWN WITH OUT BEING BUSTED RIGHT???

I say no, HELL NO!!!!!! THERE'S ALWAYS SOME HIDDEN BULLSHIT IN THESE BILLS, ISN'T IT ALWAYS THAT WAY? WHEN HAVE THEY EVER BEEN OUT TO HELP, TRULY HELP, NEVER NEVER NEVER.... IT'S ALL ABOUT THEM....

SO FOR ME, THE MEDICAL MJ LAWS AS THEY ARE SET RIGHT NOW, ARE JUST FINE, I HAVE NO WORRIES B/C I AIN'T GROWING 10,000 WATTS +++, AND FOR THOSE WHO DO WORRY, HMMMMMM.. MAKE YOUR MONEY THE LEGIT WAYS, AND GO TO WORK.....:wallbash:

If you germinate one singe seed, if you are found with one single seedling, that is a straight-up felony. Medi is just fine as a stop-gap, but for those that don't want to get a BS RX, legit legalization is the only way. Being opposed to this bill, or venting some philosophical drivel is only getting in the way of legalization. Posts like this hurt the marijuana community, rather than help it.

You gotta be kidding me, you obviously don't see what has been going on in our system for years now....

I am not at all saying that it shouldn't be legalized Jawnroot, did I?

All I said was in the way we are presented these BS bills (as Pirate said) is a Sugar coated version, instead of a simple and straight forward Leagalization....

they sell that shit to fools, and I don't buy it.... I can see right through that fake ass bill... it's not to help nobody be free, but to get more of that evil shit called MONEY.....

So don't pop off at the Mouth bro and say that my post hurts the Community, You keep your right to an opinion, so let me have mines...... What?????

I ain't worried 'bout being busted b/c I don't grow large scale, that's all I was sayin'... And comfort is in my "BS RX" (as you call it), if you only knew how much it really helps me and many patients, I'm not saying at all that it will cure me of any long term med. problem, but it sure does help me and many others.... Isn' t that the omportant thing is that it helps with minimal side effects and damage...

Or do you like all the pills that are being pushed on a daily basis in this system for PROFIT, not to heal or help but to make folks sicker....

I can go for days on the "BS RX" (as your post states), and prove the difference between Asprin and a Bowl of Romulan.......:noway: No asprin for me, nor acetominophen ....... Fk that....

jawnroot

I am not at all saying that it shouldn't be legalized Jawnroot, did I?

If you're against this bill, then yes, that is what you're saying.

All I said was in the way we are presented these BS bills (as Pirate said) is a Sugar coated version, instead of a simple and straight forward Leagalization....

This IS legalization, in as straight forward a manner as humanly possible. I fail to see why people cannot understand this fact.

Here's the bottom line: Would you rather live in a world where growing/smoking is not against the law, or would you rather live in a world where it is against the law? Simple question. Would you rather the medicine you value so much be available to everyone, or just the select few that can/will obtain an RX?

I'm sorry, but if you don't support this bill, then you don't understand the details of it. EVERY measure for legalization is going to impose a tax. Get over the rhetorical nonsense, and see the genuine value of this legislation.

Please refer to the Summation thread for a line-by-line explanation of the bill.

medmaker420

Veteran
I would love to see ANY bill that didn't have something stuffed into it from the dems or repubs. I think people need to look into how most bills are put together and passed first and realize that "making money" would be the only reason to pass it, they are not doing it because it will make the people happy because if that was the case it would not need a bill it will simply be

"Marijuana is now 100% legal so enjoy"

that bill isn't going to be drawn up anytime soon SO any bill that does possess the legalization within it is something I want to support. We can change how it runs AFTER just like we have done here in Cali for med rights.

It started with one form, then adapted to what the state and politicians would enjoy and will odds are still be played with more and more until it gets to where people leave it alone and stop trying to amend it.

step 1

medical

step 2

legalization

step 3

world domination

lol

messn'n'gommin'

ember
Veteran
Most people are under the mistaken impression that making your own whiskey is illegal. It isn't, you can have up to ten gallons in your possession for your own personal use. You can make your own beer and wine without worrying about the A T F as well. However, it is illegal to sell any of it without a tax stamp. Personally, I don't see weed being looked at any differently. After that it is all speculation. Until the public at large realizes how stupid the laws against it, is, it will have a minimum of misdemeanor laws attached to it. You want weed legal? Educate the public! Gummit will not necessarily do what is good for the country, but, they will do what is good for gummit and the pols won't do anything that will get them voted out of office. Just wondering here, but, when it is legalized do you suppose they will have to change the acronym to WA T F?

Namaste, mess

WhiteOwl

The only way we are going to get it legalized is if the marijuana community as a whole unites and promotes this bill and not slader it with false facts.
We(us growers and smokers) have been thrown in jail long enough, lets embrase change and legalize it for once and all!

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran

why is growing not legitimate work? there sure is a need for cannabis,
and if they are going to sell it,, someone needs to provide it....

Okay it is legitimate work, I work my ass off growing it, i'm sure you do too, but what I am saying is simple, if all they want to do is Grow bud, then that is cool, but don't complain when they get popped for growing massive,

I again say it is legitimate, picking apart my post isn't gonna prove shit though, and putting words in my mouth isn't gonna solve nothing either...

take from it what you want, I grow my own, but I sure as hell ain't gonna risk getting popped to grow large #'s and make it my living, Farming and gardening is WORK.....BUt nevermind, I'm done with it I've said what I came to say so shoot me.