What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why masks are bad for your health

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Doesn't change. I've experimented with 1-2 masks and pulse oximeter....no change.

Ofc it doesn't, that I was trying to say as well.
I've seen people 90+ years old putting more than one mask with no change in the reading. There are even videos online of tests like that.
Now, do people still think a healthy adult will have problems from wearing a mask for some hours a day? Why?

mowood3479

Veteran
Ofc it doesn't, that I was trying to say as well.
I've seen people 90+ years old putting more than one mask with no change in the reading. There are even videos online of tests like that.
Now, do people still think a healthy adult will have problems from wearing a mask for some hours a day? Why?

If it’s so beneficial to wear a bag/ mask over ur face why don’t you do it 24/7?

im sure with scientific advances you could get one surgically sewn into place

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
- can't stand wearing a mask - but have to about 30 minutes a week - on the bus and in the supermarket - or you can't ride the bus or get the food -

I feel the same way....
Luckily for me, where I live I go for days at a time without seeing anyone other than Mrs. G. Yet I can still be outside and walk for miles...

On the days I do drive to town to go for groceries, I put on a mask when I walk in the door... Not a moment sooner, out there in the parking lot...
If I'm walking down an isle with no people anywhere in sight, I'll pull the mask down to get a better breath and to keep my glasses from fogging..
As soon as some germ-infested shopper comes into sight, I pull the mask back up..

And as I'm leaving the store, the mask comes off the split-second I'm back outdoors and no one is withing 10 feet of me...

EsterEssence

Veteran
I don’t care for the mask’s but I wear one when I go out. There’s is a lot less flu this year, and they are attributing it to people wearing masks...

mowood3479

Veteran
I don’t care for the mask’s but I wear one when I go out. There’s is a lot less flu this year, and they are attributing it to people wearing masks...

Wait so if the population coming together and collectively wearing masks has nearly eliminated the flu, it stands to reason we would see a similar decline in covid cases?

perhaps the data shows marked declines in covid cases when mask mandates were implemented? (It doesn’t)

or do the masks work for the flu but not covid?

or perhaps people are selectively wearing masks to prevent flu spread but aren’t as dilligent in regards to covid?
something doesn’t add up

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
No matter how strict a person is with himself in wearing his mask is his own business and personal decision....
In the store I will avoid a crowded aisle whether they're wearing masks or not...
And if a masked or mask-less person is coughing his lung out, I'm not going within 50 feet of him...

But on the other hand, I just can't keep from laughing when I'm driving down the road and I see a driver in another car, with his windows up, and wearing a mask..

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- I saw someone jogging the other day - wearing a mask - I wonder how they get enough oxygen to keep going?

mowood3479

Veteran
- I saw someone jogging the other day - wearing a mask - I wonder how they get enough oxygen to keep going?

Before the pandemic it was a workout fad to wear oxygen deprivation masks while working out...the idea was to simulate high altitude training ... I wonder perhaps in a few months we will start to see mask devotees smashing marathon records, having spent a year training their body to run on low levels of recycled oxygen.
time will tell I suppose hahahah

Hempy McNoodle

Wearing a mask is bad for your health and there are dozens of peer reviewed articles on this as it has been studied for many years particularly with doctors wearing surgical masks.
They deplete oxygen taking it from 21% down to 17%, the recommended safe level is 18%.
If you are over 35 then wearing one for more than 2 hours depletes calcium from your bones.
You are re-breathing your own viral load, people have gotten pneumonia from wearing masks.
It is like having a petri dish in front of your face, the perfect breeding ground for bacteria, the heat and moisture from your breath exacerbates this.
https://vernoncoleman.org/books/updated-proof-face-masks-do-more-harm-good

Tiny black fibres that move when exposed to heat and moisture have been found in masks, here is proof.
https://www.bitchute.com/video/vFBGJuviUCeG/

I hope that the tiny black fiber thing is not true. But, I suspect it may be. The masks, typically made in China, represent a great oportunity to infect us with a new bioweapon such as Morgellon's Disease. Morgellon's is recognized by experts, but disregarded by the medical establishment as a mental disorder. My previous doctor was studying the disease. She was brilliant and was well aware of its existance.

imiubu

Went to see my GP today for a yrly wellness check up. My blood oxygen level was lower than normal.
Nurse said they have been seeing the same results only after mask mandates.

Hey, don't shoot the messenger. I'm just reporting what I was told by a medical professional
that sees oodles of folks daily. It's her job to check patient stats. so, has her finger on the pulse of the
haps in this particular area of data collection. JS.

:blowbubbles:

OldSSSCGuy

Went to see my GP today for a yrly wellness check up. My blood oxygen level was lower than normal.
Nurse said they have been seeing the same results only after mask mandates.

I have congenital heart failure and (COVID caused) pulmonary damage which dropped my lung capacity by 30%. I wear a mask religiously just 'cause it's the decent & neighborly thing to do. Went to my cardiologist last week and my blood oxy levels were UP instead of lower; the whole time wearing a mask. My cardiologist called non-maskers "ambulatory malicious incubators".

CaptainDankness

I just can't wear them, nothing to do with breathing, I'm just constantly touching the thing. Plus I don't know many people who caught it and they're all fine.

Certainly not like we're dealing with the Spanish Flu, Covid-19 is weak and only kills people who are already dieing!! Lol

Amynamous

Wait so if the population coming together and collectively wearing masks has nearly eliminated the flu, it stands to reason we would see a similar decline in covid cases?

perhaps the data shows marked declines in covid cases when mask mandates were implemented? (It doesn’t)

or do the masks work for the flu but not covid?

or perhaps people are selectively wearing masks to prevent flu spread but aren’t as dilligent in regards to covid?
something doesn’t add up

I believe that flu cases are down because more people are washing their hands and cleaning more often. Masks certainty help too.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Postulate ....Try these on, MO

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20201103/dont-believe-the-myth-face-masks-dont-lower-oxygen-levels#1

https://www.lung.org/blog/covid-masks#:~:text=Absolutely not. We wear,low oxygen levels occur.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/ar...gligible-negative-effect-on-co2-and-o2-levels

Oh, there's many more.

Oh postulate, postulate. After having multiple pulmonary emboli in 2011 causing lung damage, I wanted to do the scenario with one and 2 masks with trusty oximeter. Mention again, no difference.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have congenital heart failure and (COVID caused) pulmonary damage which dropped my lung capacity by 30%. I wear a mask religiously just 'cause it's the decent & neighborly thing to do. Went to my cardiologist last week and my blood oxy levels were UP instead of lower; the whole time wearing a mask. My cardiologist called non-maskers "ambulatory malicious incubators".

Apt description. Sorry to hear of your CHF.

Yep, I suffered lung damage from 5 pulmonary emboli (2 clots in Left lung, 3 clots in Right lung), so yes, I adhere to mask wearing, esp. in public, outdoors, indoors shopping (State Mandate outside/inside/ entering stores, etc.) or riding a bike, walking. Again, in New Mexico, everyone is required to wear a face covering when in public except when drinking, eating, or under medical instruction. New Mexico requires all persons to wear a mask while exercising whether indoor or outdoor.

Even prior to CO-19, gardening, raking, mixing dirt, I had a "breathable mask" on.

Latest posts

Latest posts