What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why is Israel not producing the most fire if they are leading in the research?

Ca++

You generally escape prosecution with under half ounce, but with no legal reason to have it, why would any big players be growing any?
It's not surprising they are lenient, as THC carrying weed has been found in temples, thousands of years old.
In better news, recreational use should be decriminalised around Christmas. However, that's not really a concern for big business. They need legalisation before we see what Israel can really do.

You generally escape prosecution with under half ounce, but with no legal reason to have it, why would any big players be growing any?
It's not surprising they are lenient, as THC carrying weed has been found in temples, thousands of years old.
In better news, recreational use should be decriminalised around Christmas. However, that's not really a concern for big business. They need legalisation before we see what Israel can really do.
Sorry but I didn't mean "most" as in quantity but the best quality flowers instead. It only makes sense that you can grow the best weed if you have the best information right?

Ca++

Yeah I get you. Who has this best information, that can use it though? The big players can't produce green following decriminalisation. It's not legal. Home grows is what you might find, like anywhere else. It's in the states where universities can team up with grow operations, who can then supply the people. The USA should have the best weed, based on application of science alone. The truth is though, that business wants to make the most money, not the best weed. So the best weed comes from the smaller growers who will invest their time and energy, putting quality before quantity.

Is the CBD weed there better than the states? That is where the two countries can go head to head, along with the UK

mexweed

Veteran
because they aren't actually the leader in research, there are universities and private companies in legal states in the U.S. that blow them out of the water, they might be the leader in "open source" research, also they don't have the genetics like the U.S. does, and from a purely medical standpoint at this point it's more about the oils than flower, at the end of the day smoking flower isn't healthy

Yeah I get you. Who has this best information, that can use it though? The big players can't produce green following decriminalisation. It's not legal. Home grows is what you might find, like anywhere else. It's in the states where universities can team up with grow operations, who can then supply the people. The USA should have the best weed, based on application of science alone. The truth is though, that business wants to make the most money, not the best weed. So the best weed comes from the smaller growers who will invest their time and energy, putting quality before quantity.

Is the CBD weed there better than the states? That is where the two countries can go head to head, along with the UK
So in summary, if you're looking to grow the most potent stuff that you can, you listen to the advice of people who made it good in the mecca?

Ca++

So in summary, if you're looking to grow the most potent stuff that you can, you listen to the advice of people who made it good in the mecca?
I'm not sure our ideas of best quality align. However basing it on potency is the prevailing opinion.
I listen to the advice of everybody to improve my game. Obviously some people are gods amongst men, but I'm not aware of any on that continent.

Why do you expect them to be any good at growing recreational green? I know they will be legally segregating everything they can for themselves. Using intellectual property laws and genome copywrites, but actually sharing information? that's really too christian. I doubt they will help anybody.

Reactions: Rgd

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Maybe good medicinal cannabis isn't necessary what tokers call the best? High potency cannabis with one dimensional cannabinoid profile is maybe a good hit but is it the best medicine?
I am no connoisseur. Too much blow in the 80's effects sense of smell/taste and high tollerence to THC. Leafly has good reviews on characteristics of top strains, their tastes/smell, positive/negative effects, medicinal uses, etc..

Edit - They also like to show average THC levels, and if they have the info, high and low levels. Also which terpenes.

Last edited:
I'm not sure our ideas of best quality align. However basing it on potency is the prevailing opinion.
I listen to the advice of everybody to improve my game. Obviously some people are gods amongst men, but I'm not aware of any on that continent.

Why do you expect them to be any good at growing recreational green? I know they will be legally segregating everything they can for themselves. Using intellectual property laws and genome copywrites, but actually sharing information? that's really too christian. I doubt they will help anybody.
What would be your criteria for best quality then?

Loc Dog

Veteran
Regarding - What would be your criteria for best quality then?

I know that question was not directed at me, but IMO - Different smokes for different folks. Some need for sleep/stress and some like creative up effect.

Ca++

Regarding - What would be your criteria for best quality then?

I know that question was not directed at me, but IMO - Different smokes for different folks. Some need for sleep/stress and some like creative up effect.
Certainly the actual effect, and having choices around me, is of much higher importance than strength. Strength is low on my lost of requirements. If something is just half as strong, it still not important, as I can have twice as much to accommodate that.
Cheese I always found quite strong, and the taste was nice. The yield acceptable. The flowering time good. I never kept any of them though, as it wasn't an effect I liked.

My number one consideration, from a smoking prospective, is taste, then it's effect. Then it's growing considerations. Bag appeal, and strength. Strength can only be weighed against price, and I'm not paying much. Making it of little importance.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Certainly the actual effect, and having choices around me, is of much higher importance than strength. Strength is low on my lost of requirements. If something is just half as strong, it still not important, as I can have twice as much to accommodate that.
Cheese I always found quite strong, and the taste was nice. The yield acceptable. The flowering time good. I never kept any of them though, as it wasn't an effect I liked.

My number one consideration, from a smoking prospective, is taste, then it's effect. Then it's growing considerations. Bag appeal, and strength. Strength can only be weighed against price, and I'm not paying much. Making it of little importance.
I just went back to Arizer table top vape. Taste is the best in first few hits, and much better for lungs then bongs. Bongs I get higher on less, but all tastes lamer.

exoticrobotic

What would be your criteria for best quality then?

Something with no ceiling.

Medicated for at least a couple of hours on one hit.

Relieves nerve pain

Gentle come down.

Body rushes.

Mind expansion, colour enhancement, cevs, oevs ideally.

Giggles.

Can sleep after come down.

Wonder when that description of quality all of a sudden becomes a strain description 🤑

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I guess the researchers involved are maybe not experienced enough to grow great weed? Or not interested because their definition of what they want is different from ours? I found the same to be true for the medical market... I've been a patient for a long time and have tried a lot of strains from big organisations supplying the European medical market. They were all good weed, but not a single one was outstanding... not sure whether they don't have access to the right cuts or whether it's growing skills... I look at it like growing/making wine: You can have all the education and plant physiology knowledge, it doesn't guarantee you'll be making great wine... so much more goes into it. And that's the same when growing cannabis.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bunch of stoners not understanding what scientists want weed for.

Your looking for the taste and the high. They're looking for the cure for cancer and diabetes. 2 completely different schools of thought regarding "best".

Loc Dog

Veteran
I guess the researchers involved are maybe not experienced enough to grow great weed? Or not interested because their definition of what they want is different from ours? I found the same to be true for the medical market... I've been a patient for a long time and have tried a lot of strains from big organisations supplying the European medical market. They were all good weed, but not a single one was outstanding... not sure whether they don't have access to the right cuts or whether it's growing skills... I look at it like growing/making wine: You can have all the education and plant physiology knowledge, it doesn't guarantee you'll be making great wine... so much more goes into it. And that's the same when growing cannabis.
I had original GG4 cut, and turned out 4 different ways from same DNA. There is nature and nurture. What one person grows with best genetics will not be same as that grown poorly. With GG4 if you fed more than 650 PPM it would turn out worse, which is counter intuitive.

Reactions: GMT