What's new

Why go 24 hours lights on??

spurr

Veteran
Of late the question on "grams per cubic ft" per KWH , per cycle , per yr , has come about with 50 watts per sq ft minimum on a horizontal grow equating to 20 watts per sq ft sideways with bare bulbs on shelves of plants on 4 walls....

AFAIK I was the first to suggest that here at ICmag in a big thread a while ago; I proposed using grams/ft^3/Kilowatt-hour ;)

You're welcome :tiphat:

But, using watt per square foot is as big of a fail now, as has it always been. Time to evolve your understating dear ol' DHF.

U~know~who

Though you didn't ask me, I'll respond as this thread relates to my own needs. After reading the material and taking a little more time to digest the info, I increased the light intensity in my veg room and lengthened the dark period. It's one of my bread and butter strains that I've been working with for 4+ years. The plans are scheduled to be flowered this coming Monday, as the veg period has stayed consistent over the life of the strain, but I doubt they'll make it to the weekend. They grew faster. It's as simple as that.

Simon

Now time for next round. Keep everything the same and leave them on for 24 hours and report back. It's as simple as that.

U~know~who

AFAIK I was the first to suggest that here at ICmag in a big thread a while ago; I proposed using grams/ft^3/Kilowatt-hour
wink.gif

You're welcome :tiphat:
It was always around and you want thanks for being the first to say it here? lol. Fck me. I actually liked the java thing they had at OG

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
Now time for next round. Keep everything the same and leave them on for 24 hours and report back. It's as simple as that.

Been there, done that. That's why I posted on the second page how I ran 24/0 for years and finally settled on 20/4 after a good deal of experimentation. I've actually done identical grows, in identical rooms situated right across from each other, equipped identically. Since reading the thread and digesting the information, I've adjusted my garden for the better. Take a look at my gallery; I'm a real grower.

Simon

U~know~who

Now you're saying two different things. You either increased your light and lowered your time or you just lowered your time.

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
Now you're saying two different things. You either increased your light and lowered your time or you just lowered your time.

What?

You're clearly trying to start something again, and I'm really not interested. I replied for the benefit of others. Good luck to you.

Simon

U~know~who

After reading the material and taking a little more time to digest the info, I increased the light intensity in my veg room and lengthened the dark period.

Been there, done that. That's why I posted on the second page how I ran 24/0 for years and finally settled on 20/4 after a good deal of experimentation. I've actually done identical grows, in identical rooms situated right across from each other, equipped identically. Since reading the thread and digesting the information, I've adjusted my garden for the better. Take a look at my gallery; I'm a real grower.

First you're telling me after reading this thread you increased your light intensity, which means either you increased watts or lowered it. You're second post is only talking about times. I'm not trying to start shit, I'm asking a pretty simple question. Or at least I thought it was a simple question.

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
The real answer to your question is: Because people are lazy. I love not
having to have timers on my seedling/clone area and it works just fine.
And they're low wattage bulbs so no worry about elec $.

D

DHF

Anyone that turns their head on the established formula that`s been around for over 15 yrs using grams per watt per KWH per cycle , per yr on horizontal grows , and gpw`s per cubic ft per KWH , per cycle , per yr on vertical setups is not a pot grower......

Your ego is unmatched and nauseating to actually say YOU were the one to come up with a replacement formula that MUST be right......Why ?........

I`d be more than entertained to read something that totally negates the one standard that`s been around since weedsites began for what yields and production were and are based on..........

Doesn`t mean I`d swallow it just cuz YOU said so , but I`d be most entertained to see your twisted view on how all us 1000`s of growers over the yrs have been wrong cuz YOU say we`ve ALL been wrong......

I talked ta Heathie the other day on Thanksgiving , How I wish he`d stop in and visit your lil thread for his and OUR shit`s and giggles.......

He IS the mad scientist and be assured you can`t hang.......

Good luck with your lil fantasy world Gojo.....

I just shit more grow knowledge and experience into my sewer an hr ago than you`ll most likely ever obtain cuz you`re too busy forming a hypothesis , and spewin it all over weedsites till you get banned instead of growin and learning first hand......

God help ANYBODY that gives you a grant ta study drug cultivar marijuana......For the record.......There`s nothing new under the sun bout growin dope........

Do the research , get enough grows under your belt to learn your plants needs for the most explosive growth per cycle that`s available using proper light and environment , and reap the benefits......

Don`t get caught up in the quagmire of all this intellectual bullshit that`ll get yas a dollar at the carnival for usefullness , and not shit for maximizing your grow area for optimum performance......

Don`t come back with some rhetorical rant and post multiple cut and paste pdf`s Gojo.......I`m done.......

All of us can`t be wrong , just to make you right.........Please......

DHF.....:moon:......

OsWiZzLe

DHF it's never too late to learn something new right? Quit hating and either keep up with the advancedments or get left in the dust like your current growing status...

Your not growing shit right now correct? So who gives a flying damn what you did back in the stone age....read some of these peer reviewed journals and give back some feedback ? Maybe if it was coloring book with pictures and pretty things to look at you'd give it a glance? You sound very old outdated and bitter.... Dick Head Fred

D

DHF

Call em like I see em Oswizzle.......or should I say Gojo`s alter ego , other Nic........

You`re the nasty 1 , and he`s the non-formally educated Grow God with a Cannabis PHD , so yas can cover the boundaries of every response in all these threads runnin round the interwebs ya`ll keep gettin banned from for spewin yer bullshit........

What do you and your ego hope to gain from all this negative exposure and friction EVERYWHERE you`ve turned up on all these weedsite`s from your abrasive "holier than thou" so-called "Know-it-all" attitude......

You must be so full of/insecure about yourself you haveta be fed acknowledgement from strangers evaluating your posts....and....

No...I`m not growin anymore.......Not a bitter bone in my body while I relax at my lil beach setup watchin my dawg chase birds and waves , while I check my crab traps and catch speckled trout and redfish off my pier....Country boy can survive...........

Got some close GrowBro`s hookin me up with some Headie`s gear from Santa Claus for future use.....

Ya`ll have any problems with the experiments , just Holler.......I`d be more than willin ta help yas get back to the real world........DHF.......

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I like to keep it simple.

To Waste Electricity.

Have A Great Day
Mr.Wags

Frozenguy

Veteran
Anyone that turns their head on the established formula that`s been around for over 15 yrs using grams per watt per KWH per cycle , per yr on horizontal grows , and gpw`s per cubic ft per KWH , per cycle , per yr on vertical setups is not a pot grower......

Your ego is unmatched and nauseating to actually say YOU were the one to come up with a replacement formula that MUST be right......Why ?........

I`d be more than entertained to read something that totally negates the one standard that`s been around since weedsites began for what yields and production were and are based on..........

Doesn`t mean I`d swallow it just cuz YOU said so , but I`d be most entertained to see your twisted view on how all us 1000`s of growers over the yrs have been wrong cuz YOU say we`ve ALL been wrong......

I talked ta Heathie the other day on Thanksgiving , How I wish he`d stop in and visit your lil thread for his and OUR shit`s and giggles.......

I just shit more grow knowledge and experience into my sewer an hr ago than you`ll most likely ever obtain cuz you`re too busy forming a hypothesis , and spewin it all over weedsites till you get banned instead of growin and learning first hand......

God help ANYBODY that gives you a grant ta study drug cultivar marijuana......For the record.......There`s nothing new under the sun bout growin dope........

Do the research , get enough grows under your belt to learn your plants needs for the most explosive growth per cycle that`s available using proper light and environment , and reap the benefits......

Don`t get caught up in the quagmire of all this intellectual bullshit that`ll get yas a dollar at the carnival for usefullness , and not shit for maximizing your grow area for optimum performance......

Don`t come back with some rhetorical rant and post multiple cut and paste pdf`s Gojo.......I`m done.......

Lol..
I can see right through this post.

D

DHF

No hidden agenda to see through Frozenguy.....Just pure unadulterated how it is for all the folks that do this and have done this for yrs without Gojo`s "instruction manual" that means very little in the scheme of growroom economics "101".........

DHF.....:ying:...

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I guess you must get a kick out of me wasting my time cleaning up garbage like this.

I asked for the crap to stop and that's what I meant....... Must be time to start pulling weeds.... If you don't have anything useful to add other than insults, move along....

spurr

Veteran

It is not "established formula" to use grams per Kilowatt-hour, it should be, but it isn't. That's plain and simple. And it's also not "established formula" to use grams per ft^3 per kilowatt-hour, it should be, more so then two-dimensional gram per Kilowatt-hour, but it isn't.

So, I guess 99% of growers are "not [pot] grower"?

DHF said:

You miss-read what I wrote, or you are being disingenuous. Either way, please stop YELLING. What I wrote was (not verbatim) "AFIAK I was the first to propose using grams/f^3/kilowatt-hour here at Icmag in a big thread about grams/watt vs. grams/kilowatt-hour a while ago."

What I wrote is nothing like you are tying to imply I wrote...

I will defer to FrozenGuy for the rest of your posts which you should not be posting. Many times we have been asked to stop posting off topic argumentative posts in this thread; yet you persist!

frozenguy said:
Lol..
I can see right through this post.

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Out of all the flaming to pick out in the past several posts, that's the one you pick to call out.

Interesting.

Did I miss another post where someone was telling another member that they "shit more knowlege down the toilet then they know" or some of the other rude comments in that post?

Point them out to me Bob.....

spurr

Veteran
@ All,

Here is another paper looking at irradiance, rate of photosynthesis, etc., of various cannabis ecotypes. This paper looks at Lux and rate of photosynthesis, which should be useful for people using Lux meters (even though we should not use Lux meters for plants):

(I will upload a few more papers after dinner)

"Photosynthesis and Cannabinoid Content of Temperate and Tropical Populations of Cannabis sativa"
F.A. BAZZAZ, D. DUSEK, D.S. SEIGLER and A.W. HANEY
Biochemical Systematics and Ecology 1975, Vol. 3, pp. 15-18

Results

Light saturation curves for the net photosynthesis of four populations were similar or all populations under both growing conditions (Fig. 1). Saturation was not reached even at 12,000 lux indicating that all populations belong to the sun plant group.

Attachments

• Photosynthesis and cannabinoid content of temperate and tropical populations of Cannabis sativa.pdf
    319.1 KB · Views: 55

Latest posts

Latest posts