What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

why does Sensi Silver Haze suck?

troutman

Seed Whore
I seriously doubt more than 5% of the people on ICMAG have ever grown a Silver Haze.

Which BTW is not the same as Super Silver Haze at all.

highsteppa

Veteran
silver pearl x haze...I can't speak on their seed stock but oldschool sh is good. theres a local cut around here that is a very very nice. 12 weeker. Incensey smoke and potent without the mash-up buzz. Its good at 10, and wicked creeper and potent at 12. 3-4 yrs ago now I got an self seed off her and it produced an awesome plant that I assume is more silver pearl leaner. Shes a beast, faster and heavy, and still very up in effect. I keep both cuts and they rank with the "elites" for my use.

highsteppa

Veteran
I disagree with that. If look into it you'll see it's (early pearl x skunk) x NL on one side. So yea I guess that could be considered out of an NL line. The early pearl has Mexican in it "Pollyanna".

troutman

Seed Whore
The original Silver Haze did have Silver Pearl in it. End of story.

Silver Pearl
(Indoor/Greenhouse)
(Cup Winner Indica/Sativa mix 94)

The mother of our famous Silver Haze now for sale as a separate strain! This 3 way hybrid contains Early Pearl, Skunk #1 and Northern Lights. This hybrid is quicker and sweeter than the Shiva Skunk. Excellent indoor and greenhouse results. Plants exhibit frosted resinous characteristics of the Northern Lights #5 and the sweetness and calyx-to-leaf ratio of Early Pearl/Skunk. One of our favourites and in 1994 the winner of the mixed Indica/Sativa category.

http://www.sky.org/data/sensi.html

Sadly the Silver Pearl isn't available by Sensi anymore. :mooning:

Genghis Kush

summer of 1995 I smoked some Silver Pearl that had me hallucinating.
pretty intense visual distortions for herb.

one of the most mind altering strains i have ever smoked

troutman

Seed Whore
Ok, so then Sensi doesn't know what is in their strain :biggrin:

I guess not. :laughing:

To be honest, Sensi probably doesn't reveal everything.

Maybe the Haze they used in the Silver Haze was actually a "Northern Lights #5 X Haze".

I emailed Sensi last Fall about one of their current strains and they sent me a few links to look at.

When I replied back with a question of the pedigree of that strain in question they never replied back.

old sensi catalog

old sensi catalog

Let me look and see if i can find that old catalog it has the genetics available from sensi with lineage listed....i think from like 97

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
I disagree with that. If look into it you'll see it's (early pearl x skunk) x NL on one side. So yea I guess that could be considered out of an NL line. The early pearl has Mexican in it "Pollyanna".

Pollyanna was a very early (pre Haze, unrelated ?) Sativa polyhybrid IIRC

Beyond that, information is scarce, Mustafunk stated recently that it was Colombian x Mexican, he is a guy who knows a lot, my only quibble is that does not explain the name, Poly = many... so I am not sure that it is a straight F1.

Cloneman

Veteran
I dug out my old sensi catalogs, the one from '95 says

"By crossing the haze the most powerful sativa in the world to a non dominant indica we managed to get the height and flowering times down to an acceptable level and still retain the unique sativa qualities of the high. The result the winner of the '89 high times harvest festival."

The 20 seed special deal pack i got about 20 years ago were nothing like that.

The NL/Haze was brilliant, great yielder as well.

The Silver pearl was tasty shit, lovely, the cut i kept I called it bubblegum before i'd heard of it. I even herbalised a band called "The Herbaliser" at The Blue Note (Hoxton) with it..

Cloneman

Veteran
I've just turned to the page with silver pearl and it says that SP was the mother of Silver Haze ???

Then i checked the 5 newer catalogs and it doesn't state that, just SP is a 3 way hybrid of Early pearl, Skunk and Northern Lights

mmmmmmm

oldbootz

Veteran
Sorry for off-topic... I cant speak for Silver Haze. I did try mr nice ssh and there was a lot of variation. Flowering times / smells / heights etc. It was bout 4 years ago. Some of them had incense like taste and others more fruity. Not bad stuff but didn't find a keeper. I wouldn't buy again because I don't think I will find the one I see pics on the internet of, in a 18 pack.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Pollyanna was a very early (pre Haze, unrelated ?) Sativa polyhybrid IIRC

Beyond that, information is scarce, Mustafunk stated recently that it was Colombian x Mexican, he is a guy who knows a lot, my only quibble is that does not explain the name, Poly = many... so I am not sure that it is a straight F1.

Pollyanna
pɒlɪˈanə/Submit
noun
an excessively cheerful or optimistic person.
"what I am saying makes me sound like some ageing Pollyanna who just wants to pretend that all is sweetness and light"

N

NBE One !

Hi Eb - Pollyanna ; that's me eyh ! " Polly said ...
-
Overwhelming lion , - LoooN. lol :laughing: