What's new

Why are all the Medical Marijuana legislation CBD only?

Morcheeba*

Veteran
Ya'll can thank Dr. Sanja Gupta for this bullshit CBD seizure stomping, helping the poor defenseless sick little childern media propaganda. I don't buy it. I don't believe it...

I still thank Mr Gupta's show and how he portrayed Cannabis but its unfortunate that the media only took from his special that CBD is the only rout for mmj.

ijmo but by acknowledging that Cannabis has medicinal value is huge. just 6 mo ago all fl republicans still blocked any/all legislation related to cannabis and they need to be called on their actions.

Why did they block mmj bills in the past? why were/are they opposed to Amendment 2 and if they claim we have access w/the Low THC bill now then how did they decide what components in Cannabis has medicinal value and who gets safe access to Cannabis?

I guess if all else fails and Amendment 2 doesn't pass ill get state supplied Low THC Cannabis and go to the capital all spastic from cbd not working for my spasms and ill have them explain why they jumped the gun and rushed thru a bill that leaves many w/o access to their meds. they can see first hand my legs, arms, back, fingers going in spasms that are not controlled by CBD but within min's of smoking high thc cannabis my spasms stop.

the lawmakers were all stating that if they were the parent of little C. Figi then they would not hesitate to break the law to do what they could for their child so maybe ill smoke on the capital steps w/media there to make a point.

peace

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
Those fuckers could watch You medicate with Their CBD shit, and NOT work, then watch You Smoke Your Normal Smoke, and stop spasaming, and STILL NOT SEE THE TRUTH if They don't have some one telling Them You can get votes if You change Your vote to this, or that.

Peace; 1TT

oldchuck

Veteran
It's not just about votes, Trucker. Consider the reluctance of most doctors to jump on the Cannabis bandwagon. At this point they know or suspect that there actually is some good medicine in the plant but they are trained to trust big science to tell them what works and what's safe. There are liability issues and money involved but even a doc who truly wants the best for his/her patients needs big science, big government, and big pharma to say it's okay. They have been taught all their lives that weed is bad. That ain't going to change overnight. We have a hundred years of false propaganda to overcome. Successful politicians need the same.

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
To a Politician it is ALL about votes. I am commenting on the slimy nature of politicians.
Define successful Politician, please? Does going in well to do, and becoming Millionaires while in congress qualify? They seem to think so.

I understand the Doctors delimas, and was making no comment on that part of it.
As a matter of fact I had a conversation on all this CBD legislation here in Iowa, and other States, just yesterday with My Family Doctor.
He said just a year ago He argued on a forum that CBD had beneficial aspects in the treatment of cancers, they didn't cure cancer. He done more research, and found that it does actually shrink tumors. He said he had to go back and apologize for His Ignorance.
He agrees that CBD works in conjunction with THC, and other cannabinoids.

I am WELL aware of the negative propaganda that as a society We have to get past.

Peace; 1TT

devilgoob

Veteran
The government does have that patent and it's all planned bullshit.

The uses for it are vast because over 60 cannabinoids exist, but 2 or 3 in major quantity. They patented "cannabinoids" themselves in regards to use as anti-neurodegeneratives.

The medical industry would suffer somehow. Everything would be less expensive, as you can just grow this drug without an overcast of lawyers and people who test pharmacueticals on themselves.

That's right. Big pharma makes a chemical and runs people through trials and pays them. I was in California and saw want ads for human guinea pigs.

So something we've been using for 1000's of years, to "here, see what it does, if it makes things worse, well that's bad, but if it knocks out what is causing your ail, in exchange we will offer you possibly less severe symptoms in other categories."

oldchuck

Veteran
@Trucker, a successful politician is one who gets elected.

In order to get elected you usually need to get people to like you or believe that you are "one of them" and reflect their views whatever they might be. Not so much do people vote for a set of issues or ideology.

I know about this as I am an unsuccessful politician.

Once you get elected and elected again and again then the big money guys will buy you, cheap relatively. It is nearly impossible to get elected in our system without lying or at least shading the truth about what you "really" might believe.

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
My sentements exactly, ya gotta sell Your soul to get elected to anything higher than dog catcher. The Sheeple would rather listen to 30second BS sound bites, and take it as Gospel, than to listen to The Truth. That takes to long, and is uncomfortable, and your,,, so on, and so on.
CONGRATULATIONS on being an unsuccessful Politician. There must be something good with You.

Peace; 1TT

Morcheeba*

Veteran
Those fuckers could watch You medicate with Their CBD shit, and NOT work, then watch You Smoke Your Normal Smoke, and stop spasaming, and STILL NOT SEE THE TRUTH if They don't have some one telling Them You can get votes if You change Your vote to this, or that.

Peace; 1TT

that's exactly what im going to do. ill get my first arrest record at 42 but ill fight the charge on the Medical Necessity defense and if convicted ill win at the Fl Supreme Court level and then ill have my right to cultivate my cannabis.

peace

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's all about Control.

Doctors + LEO have a cash cow. They want to prescribe drugs that Cannabis competes with, and they want to keep the prison industry going.

One of the last things they want is for us to find out that ...

we don't need them.

That dea guys testimony to congress, one of his big complaints was with legalization we will lose criminality... WHAT A JOKE!

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
We can't let patients have access to THC, can we? It gets you high and makes you feel good. That's immoral, and it goes against Christian family values. We need to stick to safe and wholesome drugs like oxycontin and adderall.

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
Well Our (Iowa) Govnr Brandstad is going to sign the CBD for Epilepsy bill.
Didn't catch just when, but I'm sure it will be within days.

Happy for the few this will help, but its still like pissin in the wind.IMO

Peace;1TT

Jhhnn

Veteran
Well Our (Iowa) Govnr Brandstad is going to sign the CBD for Epilepsy bill.
Didn't catch just when, but I'm sure it will be within days.

Happy for the few this will help, but its still like pissin in the wind.IMO

Peace;1TT

Prohibitionists are attempting to execute a strategic retreat to what they see as a more defensible position. Not that I think they can hold it, but they'll try.

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
Oh Ya They see the writing on the wall, and Hell no They aint to outright give up that control without trying every ploy they can.
This is a snowball and it is gaining speed.

Peace; 1TT

RoadRash

Oh Ya They see the writing on the wall, and Hell no They aint to outright give up that control without trying every ploy they can.
This is a snowball and it is gaining speed.

Peace; 1TT

I wonder how much it will resemble the re-legalization of alcohol at the end of Prohibition.

I also wonder about a connection between the end of Prohibition and the start of Reefer Madness.

Those Department of Revenue boys (who chased moonshiners during Prohibition) liked their meal ticket. So they got government tax dollars on the alcohol, and threw the prison industrial complex a bone by giving them a new class to persecute - cannabis users.

oldchuck

Veteran
There was no "prison industrial complex" in the 1930s.

But the comparison to prohibition deserves some thought. Alcohol was "legalized" but also "regulated." We live with a lot of those regulations today. With weed we see the same buzzwords. I'm thinking at some point regulation will become pretty much standardized and the degree of legalization will be limited thereby.

Jhhnn

Veteran
There was no "prison industrial complex" in the 1930s.

But the comparison to prohibition deserves some thought. Alcohol was "legalized" but also "regulated." We live with a lot of those regulations today. With weed we see the same buzzwords. I'm thinking at some point regulation will become pretty much standardized and the degree of legalization will be limited thereby.

In Colorado, part of the legalization pitch was to legalize cannabis & treat it like alcohol, and that's what A64 is designed to accomplish. Taxes & regulation are obviously part of that, as are the personal growing provisions. That's what'll keep the whole thing honest, anchored in the reality of people having the Colorado Constitutional Right to grow their own in complete anonymity.

It's close enough to "Free the Weed!" to be an enormous victory for the community & successful enough so far to be a model for other states to follow. Currently, it's the best there is for the vast majority of everybody, tokers & non- alike.

oldchuck

Veteran
@Jhhnn, there is not the slightest reason to believe that the Colorado model will prevail anywhere other than Colorado. Furthermore, I am not real convinced that the Colorado model is all that great.

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
A64 may well, not be PERFECT, but from where I'm sitting, it looks like an exellent model to start with. I agree Colorado is Not like most States, and this type Legislation, Constitutional Amendment probably will face a tough fight. Interesting times, indeed.

Peace; 1TT

Latest posts

Latest posts