What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why all the hate with Autoflowers?

angelgoob

1) They're not a lot of work.
2) You can see a lifecycle pretty quick and breed quick. make seeds quicker. etc.
3) I like the berry smell.

Mine smelled like berry cologne. And not like perfume. I mean like a dude cologne berry from like some freshman trying to impress a senior type shit.

ahortator

Veteran
Hi. A friend grew a few autos plants (Critical Auto) some years ago and... they lack any type of psychoactivity. They were hemp. Smoking hay gives you a more psychedelic experience :laughing:

I am sure that with proper breeding they have become better in these days. No doubt!

But combined with feminization...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_use_restriction_technology

You have someting as Monsanto Terminator Tecnology. You cannot keep mothers. Taking cuttings althought possible is a waste of time. You cannot preserve a genetic along the time.

Of course you can use CS or STS, spray them and change the sex expression of some females and make seeds. But I find far easier to use common males (as mankind has done since the begining of Cannabis cultivation), keep mothers alive, take cuttings...

If you don't use CS or STS at home, you are tied to the company which sells the seeds. They are extremely expensive and you get only one plant and one crop per seed.

Leaving aside all that stuff, auto strains have nothing bad by themselves. People can grow fast crops they could need for illness. And they can grow weed even with a high light contamination outdoors. Even if the weed is not top quality, at least they can produce a quick crop for themselves.

The problem is the market and companies will go towards the Terminator scene, so you will need to buy one seed per plant and crop you want to grow. So they will control completely the market, the crops and the growers or famers.

I am a heirloom old school sativa guy! :tiphat:

angelgoob

Critical, eh? Yea, there's +speed autoflower.

It's always noted as good smoke. I don't know if that's people not being happy and then saying something good or not.

I want to make a 55 day Cinderella 99.

THC-9-Delta

Auto Critical Plus

Auto Critical Plus

40Day

Attachments

• IMG_20180309_000729.jpg
    IMG_20180309_000729.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 20

Jhhnn

Veteran
i was told the fastest is like 65 days.

Nope. It's like 50 days total.

I've grown autoflowers a few times indoors. they've all gone ~70 days, seed to harvest. Super autos go for somewhat longer, I believe. Some may be less.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Mu only experience with autos was Low Ryder, years ago. It was a mild old school buzz.
The Mrs. liked it because it wasnt too strong but had a nice flavor and smell.
Ive got some mixed beans from Arid that I'm looking forward to popping. Im going to grow them outdoors as soon as the weather allows.

angelgoob

Mine was 55 days. theirs was purple..the 50 day one. If you don't understand this, purple calyxes amber out faster..

I have pics to prove this. :)

And no a breeder did not tell me the info. It was just a dude growing.

By the way. Saying "true" to probability, just because you can't believe it. haha. Go with that. I'll create the fastest one ever you will see. :)

pumpkinpie eyes

Veteran
Mine was 55 days. theirs was purple..the 50 day one. If you don't understand this, purple calyxes amber out faster..

I have pics to prove this. :)

And no a breeder did not tell me the info. It was just a dude growing.

By the way. Saying "true" to probability, just because you can't believe it. haha. Go with that. I'll create the fastest one ever you will see. :)

yippee...tastes like crap yah? headache high

angelgoob

Do what I want? You mean do it without having to prove myself because people don't believe me.

Pumpkin. It's funny because headaches go away on this stuff. In fact once I make more seeds I am testing that out more.

See, when I smoked it my head felt great for some reason. I can only assume this rids you of headaches by the way it felt.

It actually felt like my brain may have been upset, but not a headache. I don't know what it was, but it went away on this strain.

Yea pumpkin you're right all autos taste like hemp. If someone has something faster than you, you can knock it, then when they go to defend themselves you can ask why they're bitching about you not believing them.

But by all means say "do what you want" as if to "hands off" say I'm the problem and nobody's stopping me. etc.

angelgoob

I guess now is the time to explain you're older and more experienced, all while knocking something you haven't experienced.

What's next...knocking the yield, taste, or cannabinoid profile?

Is that what you have left is just an assortment of ASSumptions?

Pick your poison, what do you want to know about the taste and high?

Because you haven't knocked them yet. I'll give you a chance to learn about it before you turn into a big baby with one liners comin' from you like you're a hotshot who can spit on anything they don't understand or think is a lie.

Who's lying. The person who grew it, or the person with defamatory one liners who hasn't tried it?

Thought so, go home. You're a headache.

EDIT: There are people who want the seed I will create. You will not get it. You will not have fun growing something that takes 55 days. The others? the ones you say aren't interested? Ya, they're there.

I won't go into why they want them. I'd have to talk about more and more complex things until it leads you to saying my bud wasn't potent.

J

jaded1

I grew a good few autos the last few years outdoors and have had some very potent plants from them.None have gone less than 70 days with most going closer to 80.
The strongest plant I grew indoors and out the whole of last year was an auto triangle kush,bloody potent stuff that made it almost impossible for me to stand up for a couple of hrs.
Wish that plant had been a photo-period as was gutted when she ran out!

J

jaded1

Grown a few Easy.Plenty of people who've grown mephisto's gear will tell you the same,plenty of mid 20% thc plants have been tested from their gear

J

jaded1

I've grown literally 1000's of plants since I started growing and that auto was up there with the best I've tried

Latest posts

Latest posts