What's new

Why..?...4:20 cup answer

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I even have looked in the Recycle Bin.....and still don't see the post you mention, so whoever deleted it must have permanently deleted it, so if it was there, it's now gone and no way for me to retrieve it......

.....anyway, it looks like we are having it out now......good point.

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Honestly no offence Dutchgrown, just want to get the facts straight:

The quotes came from a post of yours which has not been posted years ago, but on 03/12/2010.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=3291076&postcount=37

Yes I stand corrected...I just woke and started reading this and looked like what I'd have said in the past when assisting in the cup.

Now that I see the whole post, it comes back to me now....just extremely over tired at the moment trying to deal with travel woes and get back to my gardens.

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Well I was there seen alot, And this was not a normal Cup. Yes Soma showed sample's to vereybody saying this is my entry.

Also some of the samples where mixed, as thgere where judges with the same sample number buth tottaly differnt weeds.

Not enouf judges for shure, I only new of 4 normale judges.

Entry's missing aswell.

So Gypsy believe me this was not what the ICMAG cup normaly is, This has been always the fairist cup i know, (this year it was the same as the rest)

There is always next year.................. enouf time to travvel get there a week early folks he he he.

I enjoyed it like every year. And there where some damm nice entry's for shure.

Did you bring this to OP's attention when it was happening Karma?

K

Karma Genetics

Just wanne say this, I have not feld that anything was done wrong on purpose, Litle things always happen, it was a wierd cup whit that ash, and Old Pink is doing it all alone, Good job for pulling it off Bro,

PS did you guys give out them Gift Boxxes ?

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Bloody Volcanoes!

.....now we have a scandal on our hands......does anyone else have anything else that's negative to say about this years 4/20, because I would like to know, so I can make sure whatever the problems are that they won't happen again......

....I managed to get my son there to run about and help out as much as he could, he even awarded the cups.......

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
I got a gift box of yours Karma. Very nice....thank you it's awesome! There was an extra I guess
and got it on the night of the awards.

K

Karma Genetics

No i didn't,

Here is why i didnt speak up, This cup was very hectic, old pink was stressed out of his mind, And i didnt wanne be the one that started to nag, It where 2 samples i know for 100% shure , Also it about the fun an people for me, and that was verry cool.

For me the cup is still legit DG, I dont think anything would have been differnt in the prices would these thiong not have happend, I think the right sample's got a price, That is what a cup is about,

Full congrats DG on your price's aswell Mosca wow bro impressive, Soma's entry's are always in the top shelf we all know.

Congrats to Soma, Hope you enjoyed that Happy Brother.

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Bloody Volcanoes!

.....now we have a scandal on our hands......does anyone else have anything else that's negative to say about this years 4/20, because I would like to know, so I can make sure whatever the problems are that they won't happen again......

....I managed to get my son there to run about and help out as much as he could, he even awarded the cups.......

This was not the same as in the past....but as an entrant I could do nothing. And I'm not going to go running about calling foul after the fact on others....I have some valid gripes I believe....but why to get in the middle of this shite storm, as it could look like I was whining about some of mine not winning, which one of them in particular was adversely effected by some things I observed.

K

Karma Genetics

This was not the same as in the past....but as an entrant I could do nothing. And I'm not going to go running about calling foul after the fact on others....I have some valid gripes I believe....but why to get in the middle of this shite storm, as it could look like I was whining about some of mine not winning, which one of them in particular was adversely effected by some things I observed.

Amen that the reason i should not have mentioned this, As now its starting to look foul as you say gypsy,

It Was Still A Fair cup now doubt about it.:thank you:

And yes i entered and did not win, I am not winning i enjoyed myself.:dance013:

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Will be interesting to see the results get posted....so I can see exactly how my entries were scored/ranked. Will this be posted again this year Gypsy as has been in previous years? I'd like to see where some of my ranked in 'aroma' for example.

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Karma....I do hope you wear my t-shirt. :huggg: I will be using that nifty box of yours!
The cup was what it was this year....not a lot could make it....breeder entrants had to also be judges over the grower entries....and grower entrants who also had to judge breeder entrants, there were not enough independent judges there. Actually I thought it was kinda neat, being able to smoke the grower entries. There are some very talented growers out there who are doing some fine things!!

edit to add: Fact is, Soma always has top shelf entries....always. And I do not feel that the complaint being made here in this thread by the thread starter would have made any difference in the results. ;)

I hear you Karma!

I just woke....gotta go sit at an airport AGAIN.

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
well from what I can gather, there was a VERY low turnout of independant judges this year due to this Volcanic eruption dissabeling potential attendees abilities to actually get to Amsterdam to try and counter the effects of this on the judging ..... breeder judges packs were given to some of the growers that entered.....and growers judges packs were given to some of the breeders to judge.....

oldpink has not as yet furnished me with the score sheets on who got what number of votes for what....so I really don't know DG and cannot tell you right now until oldpink gives me the final scores.....maybe you should ask him?

I'm still MAROONED out in Asia.....

buddah

Life is one big grow........
Veteran
Well look in the mods lounge for the 3 quotes from DG about people letting others know what they entered.....I know my strains, I could have pulled Soma's right out of the bunch

Again, thanks for not being trigger happy with the Admin CP

ha ha ha guess you never smoked some soma buds or bubbel!! ha ha ha ......

buddah

Life is one big grow........
Veteran
i saw several post off several breeder - befor the cup started and they all told what the shipped in!!
But HELL does that make a diffrent.....no its a blind taste testing

H

Hoover_lungz

what happened?

Please tell me what happened aswell lmao

all i can tell you is about the worst band in the world played at the 420 cup lol

bare entry forms did not even get handed in so i dont how they anounced a winner???

rgowers sample packs were mixed up and not matching.

who knows what happened this 420 cup? but we still had a good time meeting old friends.

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Please tell me what happened aswell lmao

all i can tell you is about the worst band in the world played at the 420 cup lol

bare entry forms did not even get handed in so i dont how they anounced a winner???

rgowers sample packs were mixed up and not matching.

who knows what happened this 420 cup? but we still had a good time meeting old friends.

Really? Are you saying that the packs that went out to judges that contained both grower and breeder samples were not correct? As an entrant, I'd sure like to know what happened in this regard. If anyone could enlighten me, even if by PM, I'd like to hear more.

I received a pack to judge, which contained only the grower samples, and I had no duplicate blind numbers in my pack.

Very odd....and I sure didn't hear anyone bringing this up while judging was going on, which I think would have been the most appropriate thing to do....Gypsy's son and OP both would of done their best to correct it prior to ballots being turned in.

Oh well, there's always other cups....the main thing was for everyone to have a good time, and from the faces I saw...there were many smiling happy faces. :blowbubbles:

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah got a Kama 'tin' if thats what you mean bruv,so they were given out deffo...Just gotta remember where I hid the Jack pips now...doh!
I was there and I dont feel the cup was unfair but was unaware of any entry mixups etc til now...The fact that pro breeders judged growers(and underground breeders like me) was great for me as I got to try all the pro bud and got judged by them also...dont think Soma should be advertising but not gonna worry about it as he is capable of winning with his high quality bud irrelevant of any bullshit anyhoo! Props to Gypsy's son for attempting to fill his dads rather large shoes for the awards...My highlight was hearing him read out my entries name and then Jamie Shoes even dafter entry name one after the other,it really tickled me 'Shatner's Bassoon'..lol Big up OP for the hard work!

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
hehehe glad you got a tickle out of that mate :)

sorry to hear that there's some uncertainty over some of the judging as if it transpires there were mix ups, it'll really take the shine off my win...

if anyone has any photos of my cup I'd really like to see it, as it accidentaly got smashed during the handover...that also was a bit of a shine taker offer...lol