What's new

Why..?...4:20 cup answer

Why won't this site gives us an answer about a clear violation of the cup rules.....fair is fair and by not giving us an answer it looks really bad and completly kills the cups validity.

The reason I ask is because I really want to be part of it next year but I really need full disclosure before I send of a few zips of top shelf smoke

Thanks for your time.

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
how is the contest judged? does everybody who attends get a vote or do judges pay more or are they apppointed?

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Looks like somebody with 11 posts in one day as a member is just trying to cause controversy over what?......

....Speak up or be labeled a troll/flamer......

THC4SIM

Hey mate i dont know what the problem is, but all the cups ive been involved in have been run spot on, no problems with judging or anything??
so dont really know what your gettin at?.......

get involved with the site and members before you start putting it down in any way..

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
So what you are saying......exactly?

....all entries were tested blindly, without anyone knowing what they were or who they came from.....Soma has entered every year the 4/20 Cup has been around......so yes someone could have surmised that some of the entries might be his.....but what one, who could tell?

Well look in the mods lounge for the 3 quotes from DG about people letting others know what they entered.....I know my strains, I could have pulled Soma's right out of the bunch

Again, thanks for not being trigger happy with the Admin CP

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
can you give me a link to these posts you are talking about?

....and I'm not so sure you could pull Soma's varieties right out of the bunch, I surely couldn't......

btw DG was not organizing the cup this year oldpink was.....

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Well look in the mods lounge for the 3 quotes from DG about people letting others know what they entered.....I know my strains, I could have pulled Soma's right out of the bunch

Again, thanks for not being trigger happy with the Admin CP

....well I have had a look in the Mod Lounge and I see nothing there at all regarding this years 4/20 by DG or anyone else for that matter,

Post 10 Gypsy he has the link posted

...no that's a link to a post by Soma saying what he was going to enter in the cup this year....

....it does not go to the mod lounge.....

There was a thread today that the mods deleted that had the 3 DG quotes, I'm sure it's in the mods lounge.....It would have been way more diplomatic had they just tryed to answer the thread then to just delete it...I really don't care enough to try to search DG post history to find the quotes, I'm just glad you're using words to answer this instead of your control panel

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
There was a thread today that the mods deleted that had the 3 DG quotes, I'm sure it's in the mods lounge.....It would have been way more diplomatic had they just tryed to answer the thread then to just delete it...I really don't care enough to try to search DG post history to find the quotes, I'm just glad you're using words to answer this instead of your control panel

I would see if anything had been deleted there......and there has not been , so what exactly are you up to?

.....and like I have said DG was not organizing the cup this year, she entered it.....oldpink was the organizer, I personally couldn't be there due to this damned Icelandic Volcano.....

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
I couldn't find the rules after a quick search, but wasn't it against the rules to announce your submission before the cup took place?

THC4SIM

From the link i see what your saying,
about disclosing what your entry is going to be before the 420..
i thought that was a no no..

to be honest tho' soma is going to place nearly every time with the quality of the goods he puts forward for the cup..
im sure nobody was influenced by this, just judged on the quality of weed/hash entered..

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
well I had a look in the Mods lounge and didn't see anything that had been deleted......so what you are saying is that these quotes from DG were deleted from this Soma thread or the mod lounge?

....and yes I agree with what she's saying, it's not advisable for growers or breeders to discuss their entries before the cup....and it can be grounds for disqualification......but since I didn't get there to help organize the cup this year.....I was not aware of this infraction......so it's a bit after the fact now to react upon it really.......

....anyway, thanks for bringing it to my attention....

......next year I will try to be there and make sure that the breeders and the growers know not to show what they grow for the cup before the show......

Last edited:

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
I see I've been quoted in some posts that I made years ago, when I helped Gypsy organize the event. However, I entered this year, for the first time, and was not in charge of anything related to the cup....certainly not monitoring the entrants.

K

Karma Genetics

Well I was there seen alot, And this was not a normal Cup. Yes Soma showed sample's to vereybody saying this is my entry.

Also some of the samples where mixed, as thgere where judges with the same sample number buth tottaly differnt weeds.

Not enouf judges for shure, I only new of 4 normale judges.

Entry's missing aswell.

So Gypsy believe me this was not what the ICMAG cup normaly is, This has been always the fairist cup i know, (this year it was the same as the rest)

There is always next year.................. enouf time to travvel get there a week early folks he he he.

I enjoyed it like every year. And there where some damm nice entry's for shure.

Referee Return

I see I've been quoted in some posts that I made years ago, when I helped Gypsy organize the event. However, I entered this year, for the first time, and was not in charge of anything related to the cup....certainly not monitoring the entrants.

Honestly no offence Dutchgrown, just want to get the facts straight:

The quotes came from a post of yours which has not been posted years ago, but on 03/12/2010.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=3291076&postcount=37