What's new

WHOS YA DADDY(S)

Dr Watt

Who What
My first box of WYD's are at 7 weeks 12/12. Generated 6 weeks since April. I'm very impressed how early they are from seed this cycle.

You could crop any of them now but I'll flush with water for a further 10 days. They've been on 1/3 nutes/additive for last 4 days.

One Indica pheno has similar smell to indica bogbubbles. This pheno has bulbous calyx's that amass in a clump rather than elongating. This bud is ready for harvest now. Truecanabis, this looks like the WYD#1 you have. Your #3 also clumps but it looks like your buds are made of more sativa calyx's.

Another taller pheno is equally early and has similarly bulbous calyx's but a fresher smell. Actually, this approximates the #3 but mine is simply 'fresh' smelling.

The grapefruit smelling pheno has smaller sativa buds that over elongate close to the light. Buds away from heavy light are dark and look mature.

Most plants have a 'fresh' slightly pine smell to their resin. The exception is the grapefruit and the indica/bubble pheno.

One criticism is excessive leaves many single bladed. The single bladed leaves coming from even my Indica pheno will be a minor chore to remove.

Under 600HPS on 4'x4' i reckon 10oz~.46g/w but quality is yet to rate.

:canabis:

G

Nice thread true..
I think that #3 looks tight and nasty.. kinda reminds me a lil of jack H.. just the shape of the nugsz.. great work.peace..

Sack's First Outdoor Grow
New picz are up LQQK see... Now in 12/12

sack :friends: :canabis: :joint:

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great to hear from ya johnstreet, so nice to hear about your phenos and i would love to see some pics and also look forward to your smoke reports.....good luck with em.
Sackoweed thanks for passing, the #3 was and is (still got a bud, ill get a photo before i smoke it......really looks beautyful) my favourite, probably one of my all time favourites.
Peace

Dr Watt

Who What
:wave: Thanks all for the interest. Unfortunately, we'll have to rely on truecannabliss's photos for now.

In another thread BongSmoke crossed 'the NL is from Nirvana, then crossed with a WYD father to make the above ofspring'. I'm very impressed with the result and I'll postulate that the pedigree of the WYD males has shined through - post#7.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=195771#post195771
:friends:

Dr Watt

Who What
I cropped out my WYD seed crop today @ 9weeks of 12/12. A second clone crop is 2 weeks in.

I've chosen 3 from first crop on expected yield. WYD has a lot of excess leaf growing out of the bud. They aren't shadies with an individual stem and they are very upward pointing.

In 3 weeks they didn't flush out much as I expected - due to being tall. If not then variety may retain nutes more - I can check with next box.

If the taste or stone is excellent on any pheno then they could be Screened to maximise returns. The sativa pheno have smaller bud and needs screen to be equally presented to the light :joint:

Dr Watt

Who What
Okay guys and gals, I've been smoking it up on the WYD. The crop came to about 20oz under 600w - pretty good. The largest yielder was a mainly Sativa monster that gave 4.5 oz. Considering there were 10 plants in there it exceeded usual returns. Like most of my WYD's it has a mostly PINEY taste and dried is very low odor. My next biggest producer gave 2oz and was mostly Indica - wouldn't be surprised if it were Adams Choc Chunk.

Infact, growing the WYD's common piney undertone meant it was a LOW ODOR grow.

The other sativa's with lower returns and smaller bud are also quite PINEY. Sure there are differences - like darker resin and variations in potency.

I've got the another batch in at just over 7 weeks now. They are really resining up now and have good size despite being in tiny RW blocks. Oh yeh, one is ready in 6 weeks, a smaller one it just goes into flower really quickly.

And on clear/cloudy I'd guess you could pull them all now at 7 weeks - I'll inspect with a lens. But I find the extra strength well liked - and had to feed well up to 6.5 weeks to get size - so now two weeks flush will be fine :joint:

Dr Watt

Who What
bartender et al, my pleasure :smoker:

The hand lens has showed 20% clear, 40% opaque, 30% cloudy, 10% darker so the lot really are ready in 7 weeks no problem. The plant that was done and ready at 6 weeks has kept expanding.

Chow for now :bandit:

Dr Watt

Who What
Well, from receiving the seeds in 2003 it has been a while. I've put through 3 crops of WYD - with nearly all my 8 phenos each time.

I'm sure I found the Apollo11 pheno - because I'd say the Genius history has shone through - this dominance is probably why the Genius cutting is so popular for crosses. The plant had medium calyx to leaf. At cropping golden resin on a slightly yellowing plant gave it a golden/yellow look overall. It kept a good Indica size and finished early. The smoke cured quicker than the other phenos and smoked good in two weeks even w/ high nutes. The smoke has a very high component that is probably best for experienced smokers over a while.

My Warlock pheno produced big big fully calyx buds - especially under full light. The incredible calyx ratio drops lower on the plant but still very very high. A massive producer of dark big buds - plenty of black/dark purple colours. But the smoke is mild and probably quite short lived.

My closest to a blue pheno gives a mellow smoke. The pine of the PowerPlant has come through in taste and smoke is nice imo - not too high and quite longlasting or don't notice wear off ? Have to smoke more of it and for it to cure properly.

Overall most phenos were a bit leafy - lots of upward pointing shadies - with plenty of single ones - they are hard to remove and can't be included in final product. But due to good to high returns you would retain any one pheno if the smoke suited your tastes.

The best points of Who's Your Daddy were that medium high returns were ready in 7 weeks with minimal odor.

:bigeye: :bandit:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts