What's new

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Hahaha!!! Yes, arguing best strain is like arguing best band, or best beer...or hottest chick!! There is no right answer, just personal opinions--:tiphat:

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
I love OGK, it is a nice family

but man oh man when I want to trip off weed you have to go full sativa

like hallucinating high, just let someone else spend the 20+ weeks flowering them, heeh

and as always, different strokes for different folks, if you enjoy it, you enjoy it, quite simple really

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
All this og bd comparison still I luv it.... Well IMO cars work best but I wouldn't go callin bd a rusty pinto..... Lol.... Done right bd is damn nice herb but a Nissan ya its nice but common and some much nicer then others... U see a 2012 maxima (proper bd) and say nice car then u see a 97 maxima (bad bd)beat to hell and say wtf where as og being the Ferrari ...even a fuct Ferrari may be better to some then the nicest nissan..... I know my og jars get emptied and refilled the most

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G`day HZ

Nice lookin flowers bro .
Though nothing that resembles the Sativas I`m experienced with . Almost certainly they are hybrids . Sat dom hybrids , but not what I recognise as a sativa .
The calyx to leaf ratios scream Afghani to me .

EB .

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
like hallucinating high, just let someone else spend the 20+ weeks flowering them, heeh

hehe. I guess it would do that since it is technically a hybrid. I'll try it.

is way off......unless it is for crap......friends who live there tell me way different than that.

That price is right for the crappy cali O.D. The good cali O.D. goes for much more. you can get shwag there though for 300 a pound so people kinda hate "beasters" as they call it.

G`day HZ

Nice lookin flowers bro .
Though nothing that resembles the Sativas I`m experienced with . Almost certainly they are hybrids . Sat dom hybrids , but not what I recognise as a sativa .
The calyx to leaf ratios scream Afghani to me .

EB .

ty sir. the top ones were all indicas. the bottom ones were my sativa hybrids. they have a little beef from the mom, but the father is neville's haze.

All this og bd comparison still I luv it.... Well IMO cars work best but I wouldn't go callin bd a rusty pinto..... Lol.... Done right bd is damn nice herb but a Nissan ya its nice but common and some much nicer then others... U see a 2012 maxima (proper bd) and say nice car then u see a 97 maxima (bad bd)beat to hell and say wtf where as og being the Ferrari ...even a fuct Ferrari may be better to some then the nicest nissan..... I know my og jars get emptied and refilled the most

I am just trying to explain a fad's effect on the reputation of genetics, and why people are all up on the balls of one strain line while ignoring another one of excellent quality.

GanjaRebelSeeds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I enjoy growing Blue Dream it is a great plant. But,it's no OG Kush. There is a reason OG Kush and Sour Diesel are the most sought after strains for smoking in America. There is a reason millions of cannabis users in North American prefer those strains to everything else. They are the shit. I sometimes grow over 30 strains at a time. I find all types of amazing unique cannabis plants every year,BUT I always go back to OG Kush and Sour Diesel when I go through my 2+ dozen headstash jars of organic herb. I constantly refill the Sour D and OG jars,while jars of a lot of amazing and unique strains stay full.

I bust out some Blueberry dominant or hazey stuff sometimes,plenty of Blue Dream,I got c99 dominant strains,GSC,every thing I can think of. I still go to the Sour D and OG as the go to smoke at least 75% of the time. The only thing better is my long lost one of a kind Strawberry cough clone.

Also the cannabis market is a very complex and diverse market,retail,wholesale,and each local,it's crazy. As much as I love Blue Dream,there is no sensible person who truly understands Americas Cannabis market that can say it's as marketable as OG Kush.
Sorry for my ramblins,I'm smoking an OG bx hybrid that tested over 22% thc.

Last edited:

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
Og is most certainly NOT a fad zep....it's more a movement....we've been on the gizzle in so cal since I was in high school...sure @ that time it was $75 1/8th, $500 a zip...but it still completely dominates the california market and still can go as high as 36 when it is done ultra proper, all clubs that I go to have at least 5+ different og's, a lot of them are probably even the same cuts just grown by different people....9x out of 10 people will grab poorly grown og over well grown anything else...it's just what us califas demand...gsc is just staring to catch on in so cal and i agree that it will more than likely phase itself out within a couple of years but more than likely it will be og that again reigns supreme.

og is still 50+ 1/8th at most shops in my area, blue dream(although a bit of a rarity these days) will go for $40 max even if its grown perfectly....I imagine 25 would be the max any shops would go...there just isn't a demand for bd like there is for og...or any other strain for that matter....

at the end of the day OG is the king of so-cal and I really dont see that changing in the near future mainly just due to the number of growers that have it in the stable as a mainstay/bread-winner..

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sure OG has been a round a while. it was not always this popular, but it is even in rap songs now. I guess I can give it more credit than calling it a fad. When you put it that way, I think a better word would be a "staple." However I guarantee it's popularity will fade eventually.

Super lemon haze was more of a fad, where something like skunk 1 was a staple. I remember about a decade ago you couldnt find a garden with out a skunk or skunk hybrid plant. see what I am getting at?

I was really stoned on some fire OG when I posted the rusted pinto Ferrari comment. It was dramatic and I was probably looking for a laugh. The longer flowering blue dream grown right is nice I loved it in 2005. I think if people had access nationwide to a proper grown og and blue dream , most peeps would drain the og jar first. That's my impression.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^ya i think most people prefer that strong strong stone over the lofty high. not me though, give me a pure haze or pure Hawaiian and imma a happy guy.

george-carlin2.jpg

BTW I would grow original sour d, if i had the cut for sure. anyone wanna help a brudda out. lol

Last edited:

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I like all types of weed. I grow all types of weed. In 2012 I grew Panama, OG, Headband, Nevilles Madness, Oaxacan, Karibe,Maui, LA Conf, several Orange Crush crosses, Diesel, Mango Haze, Lavender Lights and many more. I actually did 101 crosses last year.

Not only do I love all different Hazes, Sativas, Kushes, and Indicas, I love to cross them.

I just had a bong of LA Confidential x Mango Haze a few minutes ago, and Im headed back upstairs to have a bong of Oaxacan x Nevilles Haze in a minute. Later it will be some Headband or some OG Kush original cut S1

C

Capital G

From a totally unbiased opinion blue dream in Cali is treated like a bastard step-child...I've definitely seen some cinderella samples though. When I first came to Cali looking for the right wholesalers I copped some herb from some guys at the 9er tailgate. I told them I was from out east and they showed a lot of love and respect that I would come as far as I did. Anyway, they blew their og with me...crisp, clean, with a kick straight to the point. I asked to buy all of it, and the boss of the bunch was like I can't let this go but he was like I got some bluedream that just came down from the triangle, he pulled out a stellar example of blue dream. I told him I've seen a lot of it back east. Then he new I wasn't naive. He said, imma show you how we do it out here, imma show love. He said, have you heard of chemdog I said yeah, I've grown hybrids from seed. He was like nah this is the real deal chem4 I grew personally...$ 90 for a half zip (half bd half chem4) ($200+ back home). I get back to the hotel and blew them separately to compare the two. Chem4 is some greasy ass stanky little demon that's been rolling around in a oil field and blue dream is just as sweet as she can be...big ass difference! I ain't gonna go as far as to say blue dream is girly reefer, but it most definitely toes the line. Chems and kush are grown ass man pot! chems and kushes are like putting on musky cologne and bluedream is like spraying on perfume and glitter. I've seen units of bluedream at 12-14 for 1. You would never find og at that price point. Big weight class difference!

Wendull C.

Veteran
I am noticing the quality of meds going straight down hill worse than ever while noticing older strains like ssh making a comeback with experienced growers and the quality is great when given the same considerations as the elite cuts.

komboloi

We are definitely in a paradigm shift in terms of quantity, availability and price. I think it's going to continue for a few years. It'll be interesting to see where we are in 5 years when Washington and Colorado are ramped up, and other states liberalize further.

There always has been a wide array of quality. I'm just glad I'm not smoking seedy dry compressed Mexican brick the way I mostly was 35-40 years ago. If you take a step back and look at that longer time line, things are definitely better in terms of quality today, and the selection available is greater than I've ever seen it.