What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

41hope

Mtn Livn so what is a grower to do when he/she relocates 2 cali has no connections? If they start networking surly they will get taken advantage of until they meet right people. Doesn't help market when new grower who has "top notch" skills figures he/she will take it in the ass for a couple of years untill they get market presence. They will sell their better or equal product at a lower price, once they gain customers they will raise price. SOP in businesss why wont it work in the MJ business?

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
because there is no SOP in the marijuana business things are always changing, prices fluctuating (hint they rarely go up), ordinances passing that affect growing, shady characters.........my real honest advice is GOOD LUCK! you should honestly make some connections before the move or have a backup plan in another industry..

Mia

Cali game is crazy.
It's not like it was ten years ago, where you could off fire at 4000+ no prob.
Having top notch skills is a plus, but you're also surrounded by other people with top notch skills, so you aren't so special anymore. This is the big leagues.
You can make it out here but you're going to have to hustle hard, make the right connects, and have lady luck on your side. Honestly, if I wasn't from here I wouldn't try. But I am so I'm stuck.
A lot more competition to deal with, but also a lot more mediocrity floating around from all the new booties...

N

Nondual

Cali game is crazy.
It's not like it was ten years ago, where you could off fire at 4000+ no prob.
Having top notch skills is a plus, but you're also surrounded by other people with top notch skills, so you aren't so special anymore. This is the big leagues.
You can make it out here but you're going to have to hustle hard, make the right connects, and have lady luck on your side. Honestly, if I wasn't from here I wouldn't try. But I am so I'm stuck.
A lot more competition to deal with, but also a lot more mediocrity floating around from all the new booties...
Man I dunno what it is with people. Most of what I run across is B grade. A lot of unknown genetics or off brands is part of it and people are just not on their game. No exaggeration but lately I'm rejecting 9 out of 10 samples even down at $1,400. Did score some very nice Blue Dream at that price though. If people would stick with proven solid genetics, while testing new stuff on a smaller scale always looking for genetics to replace their mainstay(s), they will shine through even if grown somewhat poorly it will still be better than a lot of stuff out there.

I think part of it is some people were used to getting good dollar for mediocre weed a few years ago but that's done or new people think they can simply grow a few plants and cash in...ha!

because there is no SOP in the marijuana business things are always changing, prices fluctuating (hint they rarely go up), ordinances passing that affect growing, shady characters
Crazy game! I've been pretty good at weeding out the shady characters so far. I hear all kinds of stories...yikes!

Grendelkhan

Yeah the Cali game has changed a lot. It has become a job. You have to network, get out there show your wears and be ready for them to say no or low ball you. You have to do this every couple of weeks. Sometimes even if you have the A+ gear. There's a good amount of B class floating out there with people that are desperate to get anything for it. Now more then ever you have to revert back to the old ways. So a good connection is worth a lot more than it used to be. Its like being a traveling salesman but with a much better chance of getting rolled up or jacked. In addition to all that crap you also have to maintain and keep your op up to par and on time. I am not saying this just to scare people but to be honest. If you think that your going to move out to cali, grow and get rich, your crazy. This game is hard. One seeded out run, one electric problem that screws up your lighting for a week, spidermites attack not taken care of, etc., and your shit out of luck. Not to say you can't make a living. Just takes a lot more work than people think and a bit of luck doesn't hurt either.

Mtn Livn so what is a grower to do when he/she relocates 2 cali has no connections? If they start networking surly they will get taken advantage of until they meet right people. Doesn't help market when new grower who has "top notch" skills figures he/she will take it in the ass for a couple of years untill they get market presence. They will sell their better or equal product at a lower price, once they gain customers they will raise price. SOP in businesss why wont it work in the MJ business?
In my experience, marijuana is as close to a normal business environment as you'll get in the black market "game."

You can connect with some normal, moral, non-thuggish decent people in this industry everywhere with minimal work. The "yo yo" types as we call them here are very easy to spot and avoid.

In my experience, you can be a certified, passive hippie grower and never get taken advantage of by middle men if you find the group, control your positive vibe and trust your instincts.

Good luck. Others might scoff at this post but I sympathize with your disposition.

N

Nondual

In my experience, marijuana is as close to a normal business environment as you'll get in the black market "game."
Well I generally agree but it's still messed up! I've seen some positive changes as the whole market has matured.

A friend showed me a sample of something yesterday called Platinum that was totally sugar coated and smoked smooth with a nice hashy flavor and decent punch and only 1500. You gotta turn over enough rocks! Platinum reminds me a bit of the Platinum Bubba I came across a month ago. Definitely not the same stuff though.

N

Nondual

It is light in smell and taste but is completely covered in resin.
No need for pics but thx. Yeah it is totally covered in resin. Not great but very pleasant. I think they let this stuff go a bit long otherwise would have been better. 15 each for this is a pretty darn good deal especially considering most of the crap I've been seeing lately.

N

Nondual

Stumbled across some very solid B grade the dude is willing to let go at 10 each. I said no thx for now.

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
Still Pluggin said:
They will sell their better or equal product at a lower price, once they gain customers they will raise price. SOP in businesss why wont it work in the MJ business?
I would have to advise against this. Once you set a certain price it will be very hard to get people to pay more for the same product in the future. If anything people will expect to pay less. In business, people start by charging a high price. Once there's enough competition in the market, prices get lower and lower until the margins are down to near zero. Fortunately in this business, you can differentiate yourself with genetics. Over the past ten years the price has steadily declined here. What will happen if you charge less, is that someone will come and buy your whole crop for cheap. Then turn around and flip it to make a killing. They'll hit you up soon thereafter and expect to buy your crop again, at the same price. My family had a food service business. When they tried to raise the price of an item .25 Cents, people complained all day. Eventually they paid it, but they were not happy about it. Granted it was on something that cost $1.50 to begin with. That price had been in place for over 5 years. Cost is going up for everything. There are plenty of top notch growers out here.

I find that for me what is my best asset, is my reliability. I'm consistent, trustworthy, low key, quiet, don't talk about you to others, and don't bring trouble to you. People in this business appreciate that. We have lots of people in this business with talent, and fire genetics. So you have to be more than that.

Personally I don't care how fire it is right now. I wouldn't pay more than 1000-1500 for outdoor, if I could even sell it. No one I know wants outdoor around here. Indoor fire is going for a max of $2500/lb right now. Unless you've got some crazy in demand strain. I'd shop around, before I ever paid that much. Plenty of people with tons of herb, short on cash, that need to get it moved quickly. If you've got cash up front right now, you can make a killing.

I consider a broker a security shield for you. You deal with one person, thereby not exposing yourself to a bunch of different buyers. If your friends will buy lb's off of you for $3400. Then you're lucky(and I'm sure it's fire). I'd rather get it all out, than to be sitting on it. Personal preference I suppose. They also know more people than you(since that's their business), so they can get it sold quicker as well.

Last edited:
N

Nondual

I find that for me what is my best asset, is my reliability. I'm consistent, trustworthy, low key, quiet, don't talk about you to others, and don't bring trouble to you. People in this business appreciate that. We have lots of people in this business with talent, and fire genetics. So you have to be more than that.
Good stuff right there. I remember a friend in high school put a tag with his pic in the yearbook and something like 'Thank god for the idiots in the world because they just make it easier for the rest of us'. I've been involved in straight up business for over 20 years. I still shake my head at all the stupid basic bullshit I run across in this market. Hell if canna was legalized or decriminalized I hate to think what many in this game could do for a living. I'll probably see them at Walmart.

N

Nondual

Good Times aka Vanilla Kush...local Butte county strain is 15 each.

picture.php

E18...a newer local Butte county strain 14 each.

picture.php

Both are worth every penny and then some! Super tight and potent.

Midnight

Veteran
Good Times aka Vanilla Kush...local Butte county strain is 15 each.

picture.php

E18...a newer local Butte county strain 14 each.

picture.php

Both are worth every penny and then some! Super tight and potent.

No offense dude but that looks like crap and the price is too much.

N

Nondual

Those comments don't bother me in the least. Considering I only accept about 10% of the stuff I see I know what crap and borderline stuff is. Still though no more pics from me since what I show is crap and overpriced. Pics do look a little rough though...oh well.

N

Nondual

That's all we've go to go on though! ;)
Yeah I hear that and one of the better responses to my recent posts but some people like to run off on partial information from behind their monitor and think they know everything. I thought my buddy with his camera could do better than my phone lol. Shit I've been seeing herb since 1975. Only thing I can relate here in this thread is what I'm seeing through my connections and the prices peeps are asking. Doesn't mean there aren't better deals out there in Cali. I've seen Blue Dream range from 14 to 22 and the peeps selling at 22 had a hard time keeping up but it was top notch.

I'd like to see some of this amazing outdoor Cali herb for like $1200 a lb and I mean see it in person in the bag, smell it, squeeze it, check the structure, smell it again, check the trim, see much shake is there, look at it under my scope, smoke it, check the harshness/flavor/legs and high type. Honestly I don't even sample by smoking most of what I see but some are a no brainer and don't need to go there.

In this thread I've seen some high quotes peeps are getting and more power to em but would like to meet the idiots paying those prices. If those are outdoor prices then definitely insane.

Got nothing more to contribute here. Have fun y'all!