What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

Headbandf1

Bent Member
Veteran
first its well dried and well cured, usually start putting it away for longer storage last week of december. keep a couple packs close on hand they go turkey bag, into short rectangle Black plastic bin and into an older Vinotemp that I keep in a celler area.

the rest is turkey bag, seal a meal bag into 55 gallon drum back-filled with fresh and clean pine shaving/animal bedding and buried 3 ft down in a drier shady area.

nomaad

Veteran
meticulous storage setup. most people are not so thorough. the majority of the OD I saw late in the season was kept above ground.

turbolaser4528

Veteran
They pulled out the same amount last year...close to it anyway. I'm seeing smaller plants across the board this year... maybe more gardens as with every year. so so many factors...

i think that we'll have the same thing we have every year. Prices tank In October as huge producers, desperate smaller growers, slick middlemen and bulk purchasers do their thing. People will drop their pants for as low as 800. Guerrilla OD which is processed badly may go even lower. Some of this stuff will remain around as late as May and June but it will get harder and harder to sell. By the end of June it will have turned and nobody will touch it.

If Your crop is AAA and you have a few bucks in your pocket, dig a hole and come back for your gear in May. The college kids gets summer jobs and buy better weed. People smoke more as they party more in general during the summer months. The best herb from the previous OD harvest may still be trickling out in vacced or nitro packaging. But anyway you slice it, demand is up and supply is waaaay down as compared to the OD season. And miraculously prices are back up to where they "used to be."

This is still a vibrant marketplace for people with some business sense and good organization.

Shiet, you think its still worth making the move to Cali? or should one wait for the mmj scene to take off on the east coast?

I'd imagine if you can grow quality in's, a couple p's a month is a nice chunk of change + day job, hmm..

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
i can't wait till weed is legal and people who don't grow don't have to pay these outrageous prices to you pirates.
you guys are supposed to be part of the solution not part of the problem.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
GSC str8 Hype .... Dont believe it........ the best chances at finding the next great 4k+ will not be in genetics everyone and their mom has....more like genetics that are on some Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom Status...

Dont mean to talk to shit...but pay attention to Iranian Indica thread if you want to see where the next generation of Game Changers come from...
Genetics that have never been in game and that have smells/taste unlike any other genetics.... that sounds like something you could sell unlimited elbows for 4K+ all day :) These Genetics are going to write a new chapter in the Cannabis Culture worldwide.... everything else is hype

how is it straight hype when its the only weed selling for 4k+ right now wholesale and 300 a zip all day, in one of the most saturated markets on the west coast??

im not hyping it up at all..i dont even grow it...if i did i wouldnt charge 4 thats insane...but i wouldnt mind a nice 34 or 35 for it..

also theres ALOT of bunk cookies floating around, if you have the absolute real deal i dont think you could smoke it and claim its not hype....i swear to god every day someone is posting on facebook about how they are smoking on cookies...its the hot shit right now in the entire bay area from southbay to SF to northbay.....its rare because a very small circle has the cut and they arent selling clones of it at harborside.....and they arent on IC trading cuts, or on seedbay selling beans....its clone only and you gotta be pretty well connected to get access to it..

here are pics from the exact batch that sold for 42 recently to a friend of mine who breaks it down into zones for 320 a pop..280-300 for the homies....its not even about looks with this stuff its about the smell and taste....
picture.php

http://www.flickr.com/photos/19674768@N00/5691379698/sizes/l/in/photostream/

here is a batch of standard cookies that would still fetch 4k..sold at the clubs for 60 an 8th
picture.php

and here is some cookies that i see around more, we call them fortune cookies its similar but not the real deal...when most people say they have cookies and open their jar, most of the time it looks like this, bright green and looks like a nicely grown bubba kush...
picture.php

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
also if anyone is dumping packs for below market value or is having a "hard time" moving their packs right now than they are straight up unconnected as hell....i could move 100 this week alone if it was around, shit is drying up....you know its dry when multiple people in several different counties spread hundreds of miles apart across norcal are all calling and asking for buds and hoarding what they are sitting on....at times like these i prefer to not even play the market bullshit...clock out take a vacation let these guys raise prices on someone else...

but price wise......outdoor light dep greenhouse that just hit the market is selling for as high as 25 here in the bay area....low 2s if you wanna drive up to the mountain..

last years outdoors still fetching teenage numbers if you can find them, and most are dried up and looking real old, nothing too special..

good indoors are at the highest they have been since 2 years ago.....32 for anything nice frosty and namebrand like OG or sour....middle 3s for exotic shit like cherry pie or really nice kush, and 4s for cookies...

fabvariousk

Veteran
i can't wait till weed is legal and people who don't grow don't have to pay these outrageous prices to you pirates.
you guys are supposed to be part of the solution not part of the problem.

OK I will take the bait....

First off I could(n't) care less what weed costs people that don't grow.
Second when weed is legal there will be an ass ton of very good weed.
There will also be the top shelf amazing stuff that is going to cost a lot more than we have ever payed.
Third why are wholesalers supposed to be the solution to anything?
and why are they the object of your scorn? If anything it is the people that get involved after it leaves the grower that are making it to expensive for you.

Last edited:

MPL

Pet peeve when this colloquialism isn't used correctly.

You COULDN'T care less. If you could care less, that means you care and thus destroys the point of what you are saying.

First off I could care less what weed costs people that don't grow.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
Pet peeve when this colloquialism isn't used correctly.

You COULDN'T care less. If you could care less, that means you care and thus destroys the point of what you are saying.

not to be a stickler but if one could care less it implies one has the capability to care about one item over another,meaning one item would inspire less care or could mean the speaker cares some and therefor could care less..

however to say one could not care less denotes a level of care that is unassuaged by anything and therefor quite considerable....

but im just funnin ;)

fabvariousk

Veteran
Not in Cali genius!
Look at my Grape Soda Kush thread in the DJ short forum.
If you read thru it I show in detail how to grow the best weed in the world cheap in dirt!
I don't sell I smoke tons and give away lots.
I actually have a weed lab where I am developing some of the most affective medicine for bipolar and other mental disorders that exist on earth.
Any person who thinks good weed just happens and should not cost at least 4k a p does not deserve good weed!
Anything else?

keep your absvarious.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Not in Cali genius!
Look at my Grape Soda Kush thread in the DJ short forum.
If you read thru it I show in detail how to grow the best weed in the world cheap in dirt!
I don't sell I smoke tons and give away lots.
I actually have a weed lab where I am developing some of the most affective medicine for bipolar and other mental disorders that exist on earth.
Any person who thinks good weed just happens and should not cost at least 4k a p does not deserve good weed!
Anything else?

keep your absvarious.

welcome to the club

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
the real healing is in the relation with them medicine itself and that includes growing it

so what if every one grows

one door closes ten more open up

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
i have a "lab" also where i am developing strains to help me battle my depression, anxiety and ,seemingly schizophrenia now caused by using pharmaceuticals, and an appetite suppressant.

notice i said develop not made, god made weed, and all the strains and flavors within were created by god too. all we're doing is mixing and matching to find how we like our lego castle built. red blocks on the outside green in the middle.

yeah motherfucker GOOD WEED DOES JUST HAPPEN. where the fuck you think it came from? someone grows out a seed says OMG this is higher than i've ever been, i should share this plant with everyone... for $4 thousand dollars a goddamn pound and im not selling any clones either. good old fashioned monopoly.

also who the fuck are you to decide what anyone else deserves?

weed good bad or ugly should not cost shit, or if so nothing much more than what it cost you to grow it, nutes, lights, and etc.

you got it for free, why do you get to charge exorbitant amounts for everyone else who wants some.

im reminded about a goose and some golden eggs...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Getting a bit heated in hear. Growing high quality cannabis is no easy task. Most of us grow a lot. I chose the best genetics I can get that does not mean the cannabis is going to be top shelf. it takes a lot of care and experience to get the best bud possable. There is no way you can just grow a seed or clone and expect the best out of it. Its not cheep growing here in Cali its one of or the most expensive places to grow.

When im growing from seed lets say I get 5 girls most of the time they all will be similar in high looks smells. Every blue moon a few girls will stand out these are the girls we search for and that takes time and money. I would love to try this cookie strain(first time I have herd of it)But I can surly find my own cookie given enough time and money.

nomaad

Veteran
so... assuming that some of the half billion or so smokers on the planet can't or don't want to grow their own and they want it grown for them... and they want the highest quality ganja they can get and I bust my ass 12-15 hours a day, securely running the small business required to do so to provide it for them

I employ 2-8 people 10 months a year at fair and sometimes fat salaries, maintaining property, vehicles, marketing and distribution to the very limited medical market that often refuses our good because they is a glut of that thing, forcing many growers into the black market... legal fees, retainers and contingency funds for such things, medical care for injuries, infrastructure costs, security systems and/or monitoring etc, etc etc....

Now... what's that worth? At least 85% of the market can't or won't grow. The fine and not so fine folks of norcal grow a lot of it... and you're saying we're scumbags fordoing it for a living? Let me know if I have got you all wrong. I'll take every word of it back.

But until then I think maybe you are projecting some of that mood disorder onto a lot of people's hard work. Most growers I know make the kind of living any successful small business person doing the same amount of work and putting the same amount of love into it.

There will always be some new thing that people in the California connoisseur community will pay extra for and there is usually a valid reason behind it. If some crew is actuially capable of wringing 4K out of the marketplace, they represent a tiny percentage of the market and... fuck it... good for them. Like all clones, it will get out eventually and the next thing will come around and some people will pay a premium for it.

I call bullshit on ANYBODY who thinks ganja just happens. Anybody who could possibly utter those words has never grown ganja for any serious slice of the millions of people who happily pay for it to be grown.

You base your opinion on the premise that magically, enough ganja will spring out of the ditches and/or everybody will grow their own. That is pure fallacy. In the great marketplace of CA, (waaayyyyyy) less that 15% of smokers grow their own. Project that onto the rest of the world. When 15% produce for 85%, agriculture of some sort is required.

Should ganja be affordable and available for all? Sure. And i have done as much as I have been able to contribute to that end. But I have kids that need to be clotheed and fed and educated. I'm supposed to work for free? Social workers who handle crackhead moms and crackbabies have student loans. They get paid. Why shoulnd't we?

dgr

:deadhorse:

Please don't feed the trolls. Just resist the temptation. This thread is good and I hate it when someone comes into a thread and pukes up his manifesto because he can't find the "new thread" button.