What's new

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
(Btw i still dont get why people cant seem to get a grasp on judging herb by its effect/high n not by its looks).. But then again what do i know

I can't speak for everyone, but in my case even the best herb really only has mild effects...it comes down to the look(you do eat with your eyes first after all) and smell and flavor...it's really the combination of being top notch in all catergories that makes the whole experience enjoyable for me...I don't want to smoke something that tastes like crap just to get high, but maybe that's just me.

seen some damn near indoor lookin dep OG for 18-2 depending on who's doing the driving...would easily pass as indoor if it was trimmed just a little tighter...it almost fooled me, and I'd like to think I've got a discerning eye for this stuff.

m4n

Seen some NICE greenhouse of various strains this weekend...half looked like indoor...dude wanted 14-15...

Allendawg

I've been getting 27 to 32 for my depo last two years, I just tell em it's indoor! I don't see why it matters how I grow it! If my bud is better than anything you got on your shelf and your selling 20$ grams I want more for my bud! I've turned down 27 many times too! Eventually it always sells so why change? Money management is critical! good green house should never go lower than high teens! I'm gonna try to get mid threes if I get rejected so what, Cali's got water, bug, mold, rising power $, police etc...

Allendawg

As for my outdoor I've been fortunate zero mold, Bugs etc.. I tell my broker it's depo Been getting 19! (I want more but I haven't met right peeps)If the dispensary's and/or broker targets ghetto customers I walk, but I do keep in touch with a couple just in case! I've learned that no doesn't necessarily mean my product is not worth my asking price!

m4n

As for my outdoor I've been fortunate zero mold, Bugs etc.. I tell my broker it's depo Been getting 19! (I want more but I haven't met right peeps)If the dispensary's and/or broker targets ghetto customers I walk, but I do keep in touch with a couple just in case! I've learned that no doesn't necessarily mean my product is not worth my asking price!
Same here I got friends and fam I'll hook up but then I also got a few people who got money so I tax them

The Revolution

Veteran
Was getting outdoor from the west coast last year this time at 1500/per
Indoor was 2-3 each
To buy locally its 4-5, n im not paying that.
Curious what the greenhouse and outdoor prices will be looking like in the next month.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
All my outs this year will be in the 15-16 range i think, the quality is good so it will move without needing to be shipped out of state.

prune

Veteran

You just spent two consecutive posts telling us all the people you lie to, so ya, you grow bug free zero mold bud and get indoor prices all day long, ya that's the story...

Allendawg

Prune I've got news for you, guys been doing it for years it's standard practice!! The best bud deserves the best price!! You can't honestly think that a quality 4 to 6 hour buzz for a regular smoker is worth the same as a standard 2 1/2 hour OG buzz? I'm always stressing worried bout what could happen! Years ago I spent @ least a thousand hours of research before I planted my 1st seed, I was paranoid about Broad Mites before I planted my first seed, I've never had em even with everyone around me getting em! No way would I continue to do this if I wasn't well compensated its not worth it!! There are far easier ways to pay the bills!

Allendawg

Shcrews after all you have been thru this year your telling me you don't dear serve more? I realize you might be short on $$ but don't think for one minute that most haven't been thru equal hell! We are in a drought, pest & disease crippling most don't be afraid to walk on your broker he's nothing if he's got nothing to sell even worse for dispensary's they have rent payroll etc..

Allendawg

"Paying the bills" means no $ left over after bills paid! For me due to my background and experience that would be a corp sales job in my previous industry or something else I'm not gonna mention.But for you retro I can't say cause I don't know you! If you private message me with your background you might be surprised by my response! If you have a criminal record I'm not the right source for you! Please don't take that the wrong way I'm just trying to help.

RetroGrow

Veteran
"Paying the bills" means no $ left over after bills paid! For me due to my background and experience that would be a corp sales job in my previous industry or something else I'm not gonna mention.But for you retro I can't say cause I don't know you! If you private message me with your background you might be surprised by my response! If you have a criminal record I'm not the right source for you! Please don't take that the wrong way I'm just trying to help.

Unfortunately, I do have a criminal record. Does that shut me out again, as it has for half my life? Doesn't seem right, but I am used to it by now....:biggrin:

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
Bits of wisdom/experience from and old fart--

Never too old to start a business.
Never too old to make a million...or lose it.

Secret to success: provide goods or service that people need at a fair price.
Secret to failure: provide goods or service that nobody wants at any price.

Do what you do best...hire the rest.
Never stay in your comfort zone...challenge it.

I plan to die at 100...and I am now 60, which means I have consumed 60% of my life and have 40% ahead of me. My mindset says "life is episodic" which means I am always on the hunt for the next money making "episode"...as I know current one will eventually play out--I must always find something better (or die).

If I don't "hunt"...then I will never "find", so I am always on the "hunt".

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Most brokers in saturated areas have a Rolodex of people to call if you walk...having quality product doesn't really mean much any more, neither does brand name unless you have og then you may get a few more points but it's ludicrious to make posts like the ones alien dawg has been making saying you pass your outs for ins at 32 and walk till you get it...it isn't 2003

Things are between 15th and 18th street right now

EsterEssence

Veteran

I think honesty and fairness are way more important, but that's just me...

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
My experience with brokers lately are: they are lazy and will take the first offer--and after a while, they start believing their own hype/bullshit.

Last week, I beat the "best price" my broker could get by $800 and that was in the first day of "hustling". It took me about 8 hours of work to get that one unit across the finish line (which translates to $100/hour bonus for me!)...the next units should take hardly no time. Wonder how much more "benjamins" I could pickup if I spent 20-40 more hours of "hustling"?

an acquaintance went to Omaha last week to get 8 oz of sour diesel and 8 of blue dream. cali grown. 1600 for the sd and 15 for the blue dream. was told it was out door. looked smelled tasted awesome.
i;m 90% who he's getting from is in a gang. that makes me uncomfortable, but damn the smoke is fucking good. about 5% amber on the blue dream and 10 on the sour.
been a long time since i've had cali weed. i know this was not from the top cali has to offer but it still made what i've been doing look a little weak.
sooner or later i'll find a pheno of something with the kind of power the sour d had. i hope sooner.

Allendawg

Backyard I haven't been getting 32 from brokers only disp and dealers, my depo is better than indoor!!! (More work too)Last few years I've been getting 19 for my late outdoor that's been going to my broker! My broker says he'll pay 22 for good OG what I've been bringing him is better than most good OG every time I've gone there he tells me he doesn't need it I always say I'll leave it with him in case he does then he says "if you want ill cash you out for 19" 4 years ago I walked from this broker cause he would'nt give me 25! This year I didn't do an outdoor cause I knew winter growers where struggling with BM, water wars, fire threats and I was tired from years of growing no breaks I had a huge July harvest so I felt it was too risky to do an outdoor, as a result I slept for an entire month! I'll be visiting my broker this winter walking out no matter what he offers (I don't have anything to sell him) I DONT HAVE 1 CUSTOMER THAT I HAVE NOT WALKED ON IN THE PAST! I just sold a 5 pack for 3 to a guy for the 1st time I've seen him twice last 2 years walked both times @27! The way I see it Cali is full of buyers! With all the shit going down I'm not sure @3k who got the best of whom?

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
No brainer--top shelf OG (lower yielder) goes for 28, maybe 30 if super spectacular (covered with angel tears and pixy dust). And top shelf "non-og" (higher yielder) moves for a few benjamins less. Some say I am a fool to go with the "non-og"; I'm cool with that...I like the extra benjamins at the end of the month.

Moral of the story...run the numbers before you let you ego decide.

Latest posts

Latest posts