What's new

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

Plant Whisperer
Veteran
For me learning from failure is worth more than a few plants worth of pot :) I always have pot but the education I give myself will make all my pot better :)

C

CaliGabe

I hope your plants finish out ok, 420247. I've done spring light deps for some time and find mine do much better when I pull tarp. Flowering from mid march to mid may, the daylight really increases, which can confuse them. I started pulling tarp and the buds come out way tighter.
Gonna be interesting to see how my friend's run turns out. The plants looked incredible. Will be interesting to see how he values what he gets compared to last years outdoor on the market.

Plant Whisperer
Veteran
Gonna be interesting to see how my friend's run turns out. The plants looked incredible. Will be interesting to see how he values what he gets compared to last years outdoor on the market.

I think he will be very happy :) for me the early spring grows come out great, much better than the winter runs usually do :) however the spring runs deal with more bugs and possible PM/mold :ying:

For me the plants seems to react well to the short days and long nights in the beginning of flowering to the long days and short nights at the end :)

Like an indoor grow with a 11/13 on/off at the start and adjusting to 13/11 on/off at the end.

C

CaliGabe

For me the plants seems to react well to the short days and long nights in the beginning of flowering to the long days and short nights at the end :)

Like an indoor grow with a 11/13 on/off at the start and adjusting to 13/11 on/off at the end.
I think things will turn out great and hear what you're saying. I guess part of it is when in the calendar they actually finish. Gotta respect what Fisher15 says. My buddy said a lot of growers have moved to large Spring and Summer runs and full term plants are falling by the wayside. That has to do with pricing/supply-demand issues. Seems the price for herb in Cali will become more stable year round.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Thank you guys for the helpful info :tiphat: I'm not worried about how tight a bud is or can be And I have done this for more years than just this one, It'll work. :biggrin: However I am not sure about the few I put out on the 1st... But because this is a garden just for me, I'd rather just see if they will finish :) like a test of how late can I put them out to see if it is consistent year after year... A sunny day is a sunny day but the season decides how long that sun will be up for...

I plan to turn all this into hash :) Flowers are for beginners and the ladies... lol

Hey man!! How's it going??
I've been doing split seasons for 8 years now, without using blackout-- (Mostly...I'll explain this in a minute)
The biggest reason for our success in this, is using our Afghan Kush-- We veg indoors from clone, transplant to the GH on Feb 1st, run our christmas lights to keep from flowering, then turn off the lights April 1st, harvesting on June 1st--
Do we get a few that start tripping and growing cabbage around the buds?? Yes, but very few-- Not enough to make it worth blacking out and opening everyday for 6000 sq ft of GH!! lol!!
When we have grown other strains, like WW, OG...any hybrids that are sativa dom...then we have to set up an area for Depo--
So, for pretty much most Kush dom strains...they tend to be able to flower up to about 14/10--

I built a GH here at my house too...I think it was after you were here for the Cannashops party tho-- Peace man-- :tiphat:

Plant Whisperer
Veteran
Hey man!! How's it going??
I've been doing split seasons for 8 years now, without using blackout-- (Mostly...I'll explain this in a minute)
The biggest reason for our success in this, is using our Afghan Kush-- We veg indoors from clone, transplant to the GH on Feb 1st, run our christmas lights to keep from flowering, then turn off the lights April 1st, harvesting on June 1st--
Do we get a few that start tripping and growing cabbage around the buds?? Yes, but very few-- Not enough to make it worth blacking out and opening everyday for 6000 sq ft of GH!! lol!!
When we have grown other strains, like WW, OG...any hybrids that are sativa dom...then we have to set up an area for Depo--
So, for pretty much most Kush dom strains...they tend to be able to flower up to about 14/10--

I built a GH here at my house too...I think it was after you were here for the Cannashops party tho-- Peace man-- :tiphat:

I agree, and with so many variables from year to year, You have to push your plants to see what works best for each :) I'm testing the Sour Amnesia cut I have this year against the OG and chem cuts I have, to see when the spring reveg point is comparatively. I have a beautiful purple indica that will do that weird half assed reveg if you look at it funny... Stupid plant LOL

How can anybody call themselves a professional if the dont even know the plants they are working with LOL

I love to torture pot plants to learn their secrets LOL :)

We gotta get together again, was fun :)

:tiphat:

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
420:

They are reaching, reacting to the extra moments of light.. Mutating, as it were. Quicker You finish the better they'll be.

Plant Whisperer
Veteran
420:

They are reaching, reacting to the extra moments of light.. Mutating, as it were. Quicker You finish the better they'll be.

This part really confuses me though... Exactly how are these plants "mutating"? I hope I get an evolutionary breakthrough in Cannabis!

If it were only so easy :laughing:

:tiphat:

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
They stretch in the first two weeks or so indoors - perhaps 3 or 4 outdoors -- and then at the end maybe an inch in height from buds getting bigger. You have something I saw when I was in my first year of greenhouse growing. Happens when plants are put out too early.

Getting 3K, not too bad, for the Innies Trip D.

This is not our public forum 420... It's not arcane knowledge... Not interested in this discussion, was trying to help.

Plant Whisperer
Veteran
They stretch in the first two weeks or so indoors - perhaps 3 or 4 outdoors -- and then at the end maybe an inch in height from buds getting bigger. You have something I saw when I was in my first year of greenhouse growing. Happens when plants are put out too early.

Uhhhh... What?!?! o_O

Did you flower some shit thinking you were going to run cuts like seeds in the spring?

I cant tell what your trying to say... :comfort:

Plant Whisperer
Veteran
Not interested in this discussion, was trying to help.

Thanks anyways I guess lol :tiphat:

Why are we not talking about what growers are really doing to move flowers?

You find a friend thats been hard on his luck, pay for a nonprofit business license in his name and pay him a decent salary, hire a few college kids who need money and pot (I like to pay in pot more than cash), get a cheap laptop, setup a weedmaps account, a little office, some prepaid walmart phones hooked together with google voice and your golden!!!!

The "collective" has to rely on "donations" from the grower (these were called fronts before) and reimburses the grower using the "patients" "donation" for the delivery.

This shit isn't rocket science... Growers have been building dealers forever!!!

Wholesale is for the grower to invest his money into so it doesn't just sit and to keep the collective stocked at all times... Why do collectives want only cheap pot? Easier for their flowers to draw a higher ticket... The cheap stuff flows easy and its good for new patient perks ;)

But what do I know... I just watch others while I grow my own :ying:

Damn it's early for light dep. wish I wasn't at such high elevation. 1500-1600 for good OD, 1800 for greenhouse og. Light dep I'm expecting 1700 minimum and 2000 for kushs but we'll see what the OD gets up too in July before the big deps start coming in. Definitely feel prices down a bit this year. A lot of people taking 1300.

idiit

Veteran
Farmers in the storied “Golden Triangle” region of Mexico’s Sinaloa state, which has produced the country’s most notorious gangsters and biggest marijuana harvests, say they are no longer planting the crop. Its wholesale price has collapsed in the past five years, from $100 per kilogram to less than $25.
emphasis mine

price drop attributed to america's pot legalization and its impact on prices.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...dfc590-2123-4cc6-b664-1e5948960576_story.html

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
I've been out of the black out game for a while...this year is my return and I am pleased to hear prices are about the same.

Any one done animal cookies in their black out?