What's new

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
If you had a rare or unique strain the only way to get the buzz up on it was to have people see it. To do that you had to pass it out or grow, distribute, and promote it. With things being underground people didn't want all that leading back to them.

With things changing now, that might work. Still you'd have to run a really tight ship to keep something from getting out. Any disgruntled employee or friend could take cuts and sell them to your competitors.

Coconutz

Veteran
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- California Governor Jerry Brown said he is not sure legalizing pot is a good idea in his state because the country could lose its competitive edge if too many people are getting stoned.

If pot smoking gains more legitimacy in the nation's most populous state, Brown said he worries it could have negative ripple effects.

"The problem with anything, a certain amount is OK. But there is a tendency to go to extremes," he said in a wide-ranging interview aired Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press." "And all of a sudden, if there's advertising and legitimacy, how many people can get stoned and still have a great state or a great nation?"

Californians voted to legalize medical marijuana in 1996. But Brown said he is watching closely to see how Colorado and Washington handle their new laws that go a step further by regulating the growth and sale of taxed pot at state-licensed stores.

"We have medical marijuana, which gets very close to what they have in Colorado and Washington. I'd really like those two states to show us how it's going to work," he said. "The world's pretty dangerous, very competitive. I think we need to stay alert, if not 24 hours a day, more than some of the potheads might be able to put together."

Brown, who was interviewed remotely from San Francisco, also discussed California's drought problems, climate change and his future political career.

Now, as he prepares to run for his fourth term as governor, Brown said that despite his progressive politics, the key to turning California's budget deficit into a projected multibillion-dollar budget surplus was exerting fiscal discipline.

"You've got to be tough on spending. No matter how liberal you want to be, at the end of the day, fiscal discipline is the fundamental predicate of a free society," he said.

Sounds to me what he said is that hes already been paid off and until he gets a fatter check it aint happening...

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
seems like prices are starting to creep back up in norcal…most of my neighbors have cleared their entire summers harvests and the ones with stuff left are flying off the shelves. demand for low teen OD is insane right now and its scary knowing that some guys on the mountain are already dry this early in the year.

also no CA legalization for 2014…only states flipping in 2014 are alaska and oregon. CA's initiative sounds cool (99 plants, 12 LBs for everybody lol) but its not what the big money corps want. they want a bill like WA, (ban all cultivation unless approved by state, etc)

im interested in how this drought is gonna affect things. growers in the central valley and eastern socal have stepped up their production lately but their water districts will be hit hard so if their production suffers, than norcal OD will see nice tickets down there. heard it was up to 15-18 for most OD in SoCal right now which is promising.. for the most part NorCal has all the water and even if the pumps/wells go dry we still have plenty of municipal water to buy. have a feeling the storms came late and we will see a lot of mid year rain.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
I'm sitting in the mid teens.

I have enough left that I'm tempted to hold it till July and get 2 for it...

All nitro packed and stored where it's cool.

m4n

Cherry pie...

Attachments

• 20140304_144842.jpg
    20140304_144842.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 13

MidwestKush

paying 35 for some near top quality outdoor, 32 for some pretty good outdoor smells and smokes good just doesnt have the looks. indoor which sometimes doesnt have the smell of the outdoor but the bud structure and trichome coverage gives it away is usually 38-4. usually get 2 p's at a time since there isnt much of a price break in getting 10+. at least not from my guy. posting from minnesota. love my state just not the prices :smoke:

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
So Cali update--

Just moved some BluePower @ 2800--lowest ever was 2600 (December and I cried)! Previously her tickets have always been north of 3...harvesting my last BluePower EOM, we shall see what she brings in April. Running new genetics that will sure test the upper end marketplace...the beans came to me via a UN Observer in Afghan and the flowers are most potent! Since I don't know her lineage--but I do know where she came from, thinking of calling her Majestic Afghan (current name, M33 has no pizzazz).

A fellow grower a wee bit south of me--moved his last few harvests at 3. Overheard someone whining at the hydro shop saying the best he can get is 2 for his "excellent OG".

Cheers!

Keep a day job folks geez what is this 1960? Bud in fridge , checks in the mail. I mean does not California provide some of the best affordable higher education in the worl??? Don't hate the market wait the market. Ever read theories on peak oil? Ever read Herbert's Dune?

OzzBozz

So Cali update--

Just moved some BluePower @ 2800--lowest ever was 2600 (December and I cried)! Previously her tickets have always been north of 3...harvesting my last BluePower EOM, we shall see what she brings in April. Running new genetics that will sure test the upper end marketplace...the beans came to me via a UN Observer in Afghan and the flowers are most potent! Since I don't know her lineage--but I do know where she came from, thinking of calling her Majestic Afghan (current name, M33 has no pizzazz).

A fellow grower a wee bit south of me--moved his last few harvests at 3. Overheard someone whining at the hydro shop saying the best he can get is 2 for his "excellent OG".

Cheers!

its all about who you know / your outlets. topshelf og is going for 22-25 right now in the north bay

Double F

i can get OG by the 10pc for 22-25 but i wouldn't call it top shelf. its good but looks machine trimmed and picked at 60 instead of 70. still has a great taste but its not that proper 70 day with the nice swollen calyxes. i guess for most smokers they can't tell the difference. 22 is a good price if you can get 36 for it in texas lol still moves quick!

Z

z-ro

Like I said if your picking up ogs at 22 they are low quality I just got 22 for a 15 piece blue dream.