What's new

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

A

ak-51

Ultimately legalizing it is the right thing to do, but it will not be profitable for most people who are in it now. Everything will change.

KAT

legalize weed and theynwill come out with some new desighner drug thats ilegal.GMO weed thats sscary.Wonder what a# of tthat woould go fo?

N

NorC@liGrower

Most marijuana smokers are not real aficionados. To them strains with similar THC content are interchangeable, and the market will adapt to this.
That is some good stuff brother and totally agree! It's 'just' pot to many. The US is a country of Budweiser, Miller and Coors drinkers.

I used to be a broker. Got tired of the declining margins compared to the risks. Just stopped being worth it. The customers wanted better for less. Pffft.

minds_I

Veteran
..... The customers wanted better for less. Pffft.

Hello all,

Or perhaps your customers came to their wits and dicided they were not going to pay the high prices anymore what with the relaxed laws (in some states) and the tsunami of backyard growers has broken the backs of the black market.

As with the repel of the 18th amendment, whiskey running will fall by the wayside.

Yes, I am aware that folks still brew their own booze but except for a select few, most don't provide the income from shinning.

Further, When I used to smoke cigarettes (27yrs to Phillip Morris), I had never bought or heard of bootleg cigarettes.

Its a great thing that I can grow my own top shelf buds and I have been growing my own for 7 years now and not a penny has been spent on the black market.

This pleases me to no end.

I am afraid that the black market is waning.

The legal market...well, I see that backyard growing will still shine through as it is too easy for me to grow a years worth (or more) of smoke...15 minutes a day tops for my 5 plants. last year I had 3 plants for about 2 1/2 lbs after harvest and I still have buds from 2010. I missed the growing season in 2011.

If I can do this (and I am chair bound), almost anyone can.

As to GMO seeds and big business...let them, I do not care. I have my own buds and I live in the triangle so I will not likely run out of genetics.

This is just my opinion...you all are of course entitled to yours.

minds_I

N

NorC@liGrower

Or perhaps your customers came to their wits and dicided they were not going to pay the high prices anymore what with the relaxed laws (in some states) and the tsunami of backyard growers has broken the backs of the black market.
No I spoiled some people by cherry picking the best I could find, buying much better grade at market prices and passing along the savings. They were paying below market prices for their area for much better quality.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
... last year I had 3 plants for about 2 1/2 lbs after harvest and I still have buds from 2010. I missed the growing season in 2011.

All well and good but you will understand why your opinion in a "Wholesale" thread is next to meaningless as your experience has nothing to do with the subject.

I'm glad you grow your own. Keep smashing and you'll never need the retail or wholesale market again!

:joint:

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

My opinion is just that. Is it meaningless, well more of an observation really.

... Keep smashing and you'll never need the retail or wholesale market again!

Yeah, ain't it kewl. From your mouth to God's ears.

minds_I

B

Brain

Lets get back to prices....light deps are starting to come down...what are ya'll seeing...19-22 here which is just a buck lower than last year but there is still 3 months to go. No matter what, there is a drought this time of year. Consumption increases in the summer while stock is low. Good ol supply and demand. :)

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
True true, the weather seems to be going great these last few months. Nor Cal should have a bumper crop this year. I am seeing prices same as last year on indoor. Price will see pressure once the OD starts coming down, but right now demand is high and price is sticking.

:joint:

hello fellows,

just a little calculation and conversion for me but outdoor growing with one crop a year with 1000$ investment (broad perspective) per 10 feet plant with one plant per 50 square feet yielding 2 pounds, 4000$ salary per month(12months a year), selling wholesale price for quality dry manicured flowers at 2000$ a pound, on 10 months selling 4 pounds a month(1pound per week) with 2 month holidays time per year, only 1000 square feet surface area cultivated are required, and im only talking here about wholesale price but with retail price far less surface area is needed to make the same annual salary. am i good ?

Sirius

hup234

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hello fellows,

just a little calculation and conversion for me but outdoor growing with one crop a year with 1000$ investment (broad perspective) per 10 feet plant with one plant per 50 square feet yielding 2 pounds, 4000$ salary per month(12months a year), selling wholesale price for quality dry manicured flowers at 2000$ a pound, on 10 months selling 4 pounds a month(1pound per week) with 2 month holidays time per year, only 1000 square feet surface area cultivated are required, and im only talking here about wholesale price but with retail price far less surface area is needed to make the same annual salary. am i good ?

Sirius

be safe 10x10= 100sf per @$1000 per#
1,can you move it
2,grown big outside before
3,can you move it
4,right outside strains
5-10, can you move it

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Seems like You could get more then that.

Say 17-20 lbs in 175 sq feet. Maybe 1050 cubic feet of grow space, with the right plant

Latest posts

Latest posts