What's new

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran

Easy to be in the company of These Giants ^, but
It's often Difficult to Deal with some MJ People Up North.

hahaha. Pretty Sad.
Almost everyone I know is addicted to "Hippie Crack," (BHO) -
and not the healthiest oil either... Crackle - Sizzle - Nasty.
Using cheap Butane, and not Purging enough..

Heavy Users get crotchety and nod out occasionally. TV becomes VERY important. haha..

I am too busy doing things outdoors, and being Healthy for all that.

Get out there and enjoy..!!!!!!!

Rolldaddy

know this is mainly about Cali. but down in Fla. prices for good quality is skyrocketing. There is so much cali outdoor floating around, people including myself will pay more for quality shit. Every single broker i know around here is loving life. Getting it in for so cheap and charging 27+ for that poo outdoor.

It's sickening how bad quality has gotten around here. It's honestly gotten to the point where people are calling good(not great) greenhouse/light depot, Top shelf indoor lol.

On the breakdown, now in So. Fla you can pretty much charge about 400/z again for some properly done tahoe/larry and etc. because it's just that harder to get properly done pheno selected strains.

In south Florida the place I can think of oz's going for 400 would be in south beach. Anywhere else prices are much lower. But I guess like everything else it's who you know

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^the one time I got weed in Florida was in fort Lauder dale. It was in 2001 and it was REALLY GOOD. actually. have not been back since, and the entire world weed market has changed since then.

stasis

Veteran
Of Course South Beach at $400. That is not a real comparison to most places in the Country on any level.

All this talking down CA Outdoor - Makes no sense. Unless the implication is that it is all MIDS..

Show 'em some of this last Year's excellent Outdoor buds, and they'd think it was Indoor.

Would this be good enough for "Y'all..?"

God's Gift and Chiesel

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
ya alot of people clownin on cali OD...just because for every 1 nice LB of properly grown OD like that nug you showed stasis theres 10 LBs of premo crap grown by newbs or mexicans chopped early and not cured properly...some of the OD i grew this year trumps some of the indoor ive seen. saw some warehouse indoor last night dude was asking 1800 for, it was bland, flavorless, random harborside clone BS, i turned it down because i can buy nicer smelling OD or G-house for 13-15.....

picture.php

picture.php

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Couldn't agree more with ya prop so much bad outdoor makes the great get overlooked... And shit some of the outs I got to seei would take over most ins.. Great outs can't be beat.... But smoke one joint of some shitty grown trainwreck and ur def gonna think twice bout givin any outs a look..... Still got some of this yrs cherry pie in stash Ima roll up right now.... Wishmimcan take pics but this iPad takes shitty nug shots.... She is stinky frosty and oh so sweet .... I think my fav this year.... The sfv was great to ... But I think the blue knight was Tastiest ...smoked that shit up so quick Kicked myself for not Savin more of it... Idpay indoor prices for some more of that shit... I even remember when I got rid of it I tried to buy it back but shit was gone...... Oh well always next yrs....

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

How much of a cut do brokers usually take? I was talking to a buddy over the weekend who said a mutual buddy could "middle" some blue dream for me and I'm wondering what to expect??

N-P-Kali

How much of a cut do brokers usually take? I was talking to a buddy over the weekend who said a mutual buddy could "middle" some blue dream for me and I'm wondering what to expect??

Never know what to expect HB. Sometimes you get some greedy ass middle men trying to fix 5-10 points a LB by chiseling you down on the price.
Between 1-2 points is normal.

Hitting the nail on the head Prop, per usual. Good stuff.

Monkdawg840

My market is all fucked up from Colorado warehouse crap flooding the scene at like 1200 a pound to 2500. Looks good, but that's about it. Nothing special but now I had to drop my price to stay competitive. Though end users still pay the same, pretty sad. If it drops any more I'll quit probably. Funny thing is more busts r happening as well so that's why the good herb goes away.

Dislexus

the shit spoon
Veteran
Most of the Cali outdoor coming through here is like mediocre indoor or a little worse. End user pricing reflects it, seems people are just as happy growing mediocre product as people are buying/smoking it.

BrownThumb

Most of the Cali outdoor coming through here is like mediocre indoor or a little worse. End user pricing reflects it, seems people are just as happy growing mediocre product as people are buying/smoking it.

I would not be happy continuing to buy the mids floating around even with the crazy pricing. Besides the obvious advantage of not paying for your smoke, if you're at all picky about your meds, it is sub-standard product being floated much of the time right now. Yeah, it works, but..

If you can't grow, that's another story.

stasis

Veteran
I'd Prefer to never smoke any indoor again..! Haven't since May...

Although I will still grow Indoor.

Nothing like the sun. A greenhouse grows the best buds IMO.

Best for concentrates too. Larger Trichs than Indoor, and lots of 'em.

BrownThumb

I wish I could grow outdoors, but that is not a luxury I can afford right now. I also like good mature outdoor buds, but indoors isn't too bad itself. I hear people argue about indoor being better and I always scratch my head...

C

Capital G

Never know what to expect HB. Sometimes you get some greedy ass middle men trying to fix 5-10 points a LB by chiseling you down on the price.
Between 1-2 points is normal.

Can someone explain the point thing out here?...I know of it, but know really nothing about it. I have a friend back home in the east who's plug is on the point system, but that's his guy. When I moved out here I had a specific amount I'd spend and try to find the best quality at a reasonable wholesale number. Initially going through middlemen I would here quotes 2x more than I would pay minus the middleman. How much is a point for someone in the middle?

Yo G

Yo G

look at some finance classes that go along with those economics classes your taking.....I believe the jest of those posts was...growers don't mine 1-3 points per unit....but get a little touchy getting hammered down...and watching the middle man make 10 points on them or more.

A point is "c note".....so it the amount of bread put on top of the wholesale ticket......other ways of the point being used is for a loan or in this industry is for fronts.....the product is xxxx....the loan is due in 7-30 days...its xxxx points every week till paid...after 30 days...some boi's are sent out to see you...

dat is how it works......of course anyone...please jump in with additional info.

Can someone explain the point thing out here?...I know of it, but know really nothing about it. I have a friend back home in the east who's plug is on the point system, but that's his guy. When I moved out here I had a specific amount I'd spend and try to find the best quality at a reasonable wholesale number. Initially going through middlemen I would here quotes 2x more than I would pay minus the middleman. How much is a point for someone in the middle?

Also...if your in the middle and locked in on a big point spread....keep all that shit to your self...and keep your grower happy....if your growers happy...your happy....at that point it does not matter how many points....it is.

it always gets me....when middle men hammer down the grower...make a big spread...and then can't understand why that grower will not have anything to do with them again.....I hear the "my grower will not call me back" all the time.......really?.....and you have no reason why?
humm........is he happy?......when dealing with those guys points get added to their ticket....because growers know what their about.

it's all about relationships.....

most middle men.....at least the ones I have met....could care less.....of course I said "most".....not all.......those that understand the concept....get perks & give perks....they know it is far easier to be consistent.....than to keep looking for the lowest $.

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Im in the south, and its dry as hell down here. Well theres good herb going around in small circles, but thats it.. People here are willing to pay ridiculous prices for well grown, flushed, and cured buds(mailnly OG). Sad, cause Im in a pretty big city n these asshats still havent caught on...Gotta problem in cali, then move to the south and all your problems will be gone...bada bing bada boom;)

OP

sprinkl

Veteran

Although I will still grow Indoor.

Nothing like the sun. A greenhouse grows the best buds IMO.

Best for concentrates too. Larger Trichs than Indoor, and lots of 'em.

+1

Outdoor can be some excellent stuff. Ive only started believing that since the last 2 years as i grow my own od. All my friends od is horribly overferted usually.. Tastes bad and imo that fucks with the high. Nugs are hard from the salts! Chemical hits.. Bleh!
My od tho, just love it. And thats at 50N! Leafy buds unless finished before end sept. Greenhouse a lot bigger buds. Cali od probably has the same potential as indoors then?

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
The nice thing (for a consumer) IS a market flooded with low price mids. That is what I like to make my hash from.

Double F

at least people can smoke domestically grown buds instead of mexi brickpack for "mids" these days..

lowball brokers are the worst, and its even more pathetic when they get angry at you for ignoring them! its like BITCH, why the hell am i going to drive an hour and front you something for 3, when i have other people who will drive to my spot and cash me out for 32?? they take it all personal "damn bro i thoght you had the plugs".....no buddy i sell to whoever can offer me the best price on my hardwork.

NOW...if your product is GARBAGE, then expect to be lowballed. mediocre unflushed indoors? premature unproperly cured OD? dont expect no market price for that crap!!