What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who wants to speculate what commercial growing will look like in 2013/'14?

G

greenmatter

28? i can't wait to see this shit

are there 28 different things to consider when they sell booze?

or does each special interest group just automatically get a point?

norcal_sourD

I am going to speculate since Government legislation and Regulation is involved, that it will all be fucked. Fuck bureaucracy. We are ALREADY OVERTAXED, OVER REGULATED, OVERSEEN, OVERLEGISLATED, on EVERYTHING. I hope I am wrong. But as a former business owner out here in Cali, things need to change for the better as many of us are sick of being nickel and dimed to DEATH. My personal experience is once govmnt is involved,...the bean counters are the only ones who win...don't wanna piss in anyone's "WEEDIES" but I don't share the optimism. Again, I hope I'm wrong, WAY wrong.

MPL

Excellent news! Exactly the information we needed. Thanks for the update. I was wondering if they'd make their end of the month deadline for initial recommendations.

The first peek at 28 regulatory points concerning the retail sales of marijuana in Colorado is reportedly going to be revealed today. These will be changed many times but it should offer everyone a look/idea what the State is thinking in this are and who will be allowed to play.

MPL

bleh the bill doesn't give us any real information that we didn't already know. We need to see how they are going to implement 499/A64

E

ekomsi

There was a thread around here awhile ago talking about how they would like the marijuana market being regulated like the wine industry. It was a decent thread. I do know this, if this type of mass produced commercial growing does occur, there will be a lot of job opportunities for I mag members.

Idk if you know this but Detroit, MI has passed a law allowing ANYONE over 21 to posses an oz or less of marijuana. The laws in America are changing towards marijuana.

MPL

If it ends up working like the wine industry in CA works then I will be one super happy camper. I sure miss wine country and CA in general.

I wonder if they're going to allow outdoor cultivation. That will make a huge difference in the retail price of legal cannabis.

Lots of jobs for sure and I for one am looking forward to it.

Attitudes have changed a lot and the laws are following. A lot faster than I expected too. These are good times let's hope it keeps moving this direction!

There was a thread around here awhile ago talking about how they would like the marijuana market being regulated like the wine industry. It was a decent thread. I do know this, if this type of mass produced commercial growing does occur, there will be a lot of job opportunities for I mag members.

Idk if you know this but Detroit, MI has passed a law allowing ANYONE over 21 to posses an oz or less of marijuana. The laws in America are changing towards marijuana.

G

greenmatter

outdoor cultivation would make perfect sense.

if they let me throw in 6 plants in the same place i put tomatoes i could supply myself and a few friends with herb for the year and not have to send Xcel energy a check

that makes so much sense that there is no way they are going to let me do it ..................yet

MPL

My wife helped write some of the MMJ laws for a city in central CA a couple of years ago. That particular city required that you grow indoors. Growing outdoors was considered a nuisance and security risk. Lots of municipalities are moving towards indoor-only growing. I would not be surprised if something similar were decided in CO.

outdoor cultivation would make perfect sense.

if they let me throw in 6 plants in the same place i put tomatoes i could supply myself and a few friends with herb for the year and not have to send Xcel energy a check

that makes so much sense that there is no way they are going to let me do it ..................yet

monsoon

the law (64) requires that the grow be in an enclosed, locked facility out of view of the public. I suppose if you can figure out how to lock it and keep your neighbors from seeing it or reporting it for odors and opening some >other< legal door via city/town/county ordinance/etc. you can grow it outside. You guys know how it goes, it's about being smart enough to not get caught. Other than that, if you get ripped off, or the cops show up and want to rip out yer garden because someone complained, yer gonna be screwed and you'll be lucky to not be cited for some sort of BS violation/etc.

Be smart. Treat it like it's still illegal.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I could swear I read that the feds will not allow any commercial growing anywhere and will take appropriate action on those that do. If this is true they need to resolve these issue first. Nobody is going to grow that size if there going to go to jail for doing it..

MPL

They already do. I personally know of some 50k set ups in CA and have read here on IC about 100k+ warehouses in CO.

That said, I still agree that the feds need to be handled ASAP. Personally I don't think the feds have the political capital to continue fighting MJ for much longer.

I could swear I read that the feds will not allow any commercial growing anywhere and will take appropriate action on those that do. If this is true they need to resolve these issue first. Nobody is going to grow that size if there going to go to jail for doing it..

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I dont think they(feds) know the location of these..If its a known large grow location this could couse problems for them if they dont take action. Im still treating it as illegal. Im off the grid so to speak. Until this issue is fixed it will stay that way.

MPL

At least one I read about in CO has a 24/7/365 live camera feed to a federal office in Utah where they are monitored.

I don't blame you though. Better safe than sorry, especially since if you end up with a record it may affect your ability to legally work in this industry in the future.

I dont think they(feds) know the location of these..If its a known large grow location this could couse problems for them if they dont take action. Im still treating it as illegal. Im off the grid so to speak. Until this issue is fixed it will stay that way.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I dont live in CO from what I have seen and herd thats not fed's those cameras are going to the state run program. No feds are involved in anyway.

S

SooperSmurph

I dont live in CO from what I have seen and herd thats not fed's those cameras are going to the state run program. No feds are involved in anyway.
To clear this up, the way that we've been told is compliant with state rules, is all working areas must be covered by cameras, and those cameras must feed to a recording device of some sort (dvr or cloud, your choice), which the MMED must be able to access at any time they choose. As a matter of procedure, they're not going to spend time monitoring and analyzing the actions of individuals within grows (not for lack of want, but they only have 12 people in the whole department after all), unless the specific individual or grow in question is under investigation. They have the right to copy and save your video feed, whether this is done through online means or they physically download the data from your dvr, as far as I know though, at this time fully compliant dispensaries pretty much all have some kind of online access the mmed can use.

MPL

I was under the impression the feds were in on monitoring the larger facilities. I could be wrong though, not like I'm directly involved or know anyone who is. It's all just hearsay for my part.

I'd think the Colorado authorities should want every mom & pop 6 plant operation to sell their excess product to a legal and taxed outlet. If not, that product will quickly find it's way out of state....which could mean quick trouble with the feds.

G

greenmatter

i'm glad that we are actually making some progress toward full legalization

what really fucks with me is that the state and federal government have not figured out that no matter how hard they try they just can't control the flow off weed

these clowns have had 60 years to do it and it never happened. i think things might work out faster on their own if they just admit that a plant might actually be smarter that all the cops and lawyers.

Latest posts

Latest posts