What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who Wants to do a Grow Journal?

ken

going to have to increase the size limit on the gallery too, some people are going to struggle to complete a full grow log within 5mb.

stupid limit to have on a site that wants to encourage people to post lots of pictures.

Skip

Veteran
Any of you using Macs?

Any of you using Macs?

I need to know whether any of you folk wanting to do grow journals are using a mac. The reason is I want to enable this easy to use html editor which I use for journals on my sites, but it doesn't work on Macs. In fact it only works with IE on a PC.

So please let me know if you don't use IE (Internet Explorer) as well.

Let me know so I can decide whether to implement the editor or not.

Thanks,
Skip

Canna Wurms

Windows pc with Mozilla Firefox for a browser.

If my new camera gets here in time, I'll do a journal on my Orange Haze grow that will begin in a couple of weeks.

G

skip... i mainly use firefox on a windoze PC aswell, but also firefox on a Fedora box every now and then

G

guest123

yes same here please , im wanting to know what is the best format etc , so some feedback from you guys would be great ...

hemphog

grow journal

grow journal

I'm up for doing a journal i just got some seeds soaking so i be able to do it from start to finish, do you want the journals complete before posting or can we edit them as time progresses?

HH

Cajun

Skip, I plan to document mine here soon. I am not quite ready to run just yet;) I started a thread called "6 station DWC" in the hydro forums. I'll be posting updates & journal entries there. All I am lacking is a little better ventilation and light-proofing the door and I'm cloning. I'm prepping the Mums right now:D Let me know what I need to do!

4834_4_04_Moms-thumb.jpg

Peace from the Bayou, Cajun

seeyouaunty

ken said:
going to have to increase the size limit on the gallery too, some people are going to struggle to complete a full grow log within 5mb.

stupid limit to have on a site that wants to encourage people to post lots of pictures.

I agree, my grow thread on myganjagrow is only half done and i've already used over 6MB of pictures. It would be very difficult to do a comprehensive grow journal with only 5MB of pics IMO.

G

Mac Maniac

Mac Maniac

Hey Skip,
I'm on a Mac running Safari for my browser. I plan on doing a grow journal or two. I hope to give the great outdoors a try this year too. So if you have to do something special for us Mac minorities I say go right ahead. I'm a week or two from starting my journal, so till then!

Blatant

Skip

Veteran
No need to worry!

No need to worry!

I've found a new html editor that works across all platforms! So Mac & Netscape or Mozilla fans don't need to change browsers.

I've already integrated it and made it work for our grow journals. It's not that big a deal, but it will allow you much more flexibility in creating a unique look for your journal. If you know a bit of html you can do a lot.

Also the image posting will be even easier as you can just drag and drop images directly into your journal.

There will be more features that will help organize your journal including a calendar (i work on that next).

Then I will either integrate a forum for each grow or just setup a new comments system for the grow journals (more likely now).

I'm about halfway done, and it's possible I can roll this out in time for the Cup...

HerbanWarrior

i ve been waiting foe this i need help with plants but can never explain the prob... so i figure people can now gimme advice correctly THANKS... Ihave some wyd at about 3 weeks veg that i wanna post and im gonna be startin some sour queeen and life saver

Skip

Veteran
Re: grow journal

Re: grow journal

hemphog said:
I'm up for doing a journal i just got some seeds soaking so i be able to do it from start to finish, do you want the journals complete before posting or can we edit them as time progresses?

HH

Yes, you'll be able to work on your journals as live as you want to be. I would post up the images first. Then you can select them to place later.

Still got 3-4 more things to do on the journals.

HerbanWarrior

what about a micro grow journal like people who are usin cfl and crazy shit like that. id like to see some of the other people who find a small space and can provide a lot of good medicine out of it those are the tru struggles and most of these people have to become 007 agents to grow.:confused:

hyperseth

drug war liberation worker's journal

drug war liberation worker's journal

so it sounds like in a few days we'll have something no one else does..

i think a calendar view would add a lot of functionality.

i plan on using this journal-post thing to keep track of what's going on with what i see in california..
this will be everything from city council meeting reports to evaluations of different dispensery products...

it should be a great source of information for anyone interested in california or medical cannabis in general. day by day in the trenches of the war..

(this post made possible by domina, i've got to remember what i was hitting when i was thinking of shit like this):eek:

Latest posts

Latest posts