What's new

Who Want's Sam To Re-Release RKS Skunk (Pre-Sweet)?

Who Want's Sam To Re-Release RKS Skunk (Pre-Sweet)?

• Yes

Votes: 138 88.5%
  • No

Votes: 18 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ElGato

Veteran
Hazeseeker said:
it's about hopefully getting the chance to finally try the true skunk as it once was, some of Sam's original work

hazeseeker bro.....true RKS has nothing to do with Sam the skunkman

this is the point many of you are missing
true RKS wasnt Sam's work at all...... they were pure or mostly pure afghani lines

Sam used the Skunk name as a marketing tool, plain and simple

mj

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yo El...nice

,,so its "all about" the pure Afghan?...thats probbly why they didnt need cuts back in Cali,,so its not a polly?,an extencive IBL "maybe",,,,,any idea on where its from?....i think i remember sam saying he didnt know himself

i even remember sam saying a similar Afghan was part of the NL,,,an im sure NL was pure indica "way back when"

Last edited:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
not true,,,,,sam made skunk,,,,

samS SK1 = Afghan x (Col,Gold x Aco,Gold)....he was the first to do this!!!.an his skunk pre dates them all,,,..he won a the first few harvist festivels with skunk.......but i do remember him sayin that the Afghan that was used in skunk was floating around Cali prior to skunk being made....i think samS probbly brought a sweetness and blue taste to the Afghan and Everyone loved that aspect..

like the name,,Afghan was a gift from other lands,,,,askin sam to do something he dont want is a crime!!...but if this thread changes his mind,,that has to be a good thing,,,insperation is my game..insperation is allways good no matter what level your at mentaly

it seems sam used that Afghan for its flower speed/plant structurer,,taste was something he didnt want...the smell turned into a security risc in the 80`s, so that was also discarded in the incross prosess, resulting in our seeds today missing most of the Afghan....an that stink was the best bit,if you ask me

Last edited:

BONUS BAG

the more i think about it,it doesnt make sense.if sam dont like indica why would he keep it around for 30yrs or how ever long(seeds).thats a long time to keep a stepping stone and dont get me wrong i would love rks to be around but it dont make sense.i think most of the weed today growers have are better than rks who would have a germ an not use it.maybe sam is telling us something by not having anything to do with it

ndnguy

Hazeseeker said:
look totaln00b i already know Sam has said he's not interested at this time, but he also mentioned that doesn't mean it won't happen sometime in the future. Just because i started this thread that doesn't mean i disrespect Sam's decision as you mentioned, quite the opposite mate, i've got 100% respect for Sam, it doesn't hurt to ask questions in life ya know.

peace
No proof Sam has RKS either . I myself do not believe there is just the sweet skunk and the RKS. The RKS was in to many places at once to come from one person. I ve had Rks in different parts of the US that were totally different plants is why I say its not as simple as Sweet Skunk and RKS. I believe at the time RKS came from several different places and were totallly different plants,some were lime green some were not, stuff like that.I am not saying Sam doesn't have a different skunk just that its not the RKS that everyone seeks.

Last edited:

XyZ

Trichomnia
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hazeseeker said:
what do you mean by that XyZ talking about "some ego"?, your post is all over the place man, who's begging?, just because you don't wanna grow or smoke this doesn't mean you have to try and get personal with the growers who do

i already know this XyZ, it's not hard to look through X amount of Afghani/Afghan Skunks to find something close, it's not about looking for the smelliest skunk, it's about hopefully getting the chance to finally try the true skunk as it once was, some of Sam's original work

me like many others have tried to find Deep Chunk for sale time and time again, it's impossible to find it at this present time (that i know of), i heard HTC is gonna release it real soon tho so i'm really looking forward to finally getting the chance to try it out

i know this as well XyZ, it ties in with the same thing i just mentioned previous - it's there to be found, or something close to it is there to be found,
but if it came down to 2 choices - if someone said : right you can pick a pack of the original pre sweet skunk from Sam, or a pack from X breeder, say both are gonna give exactly what i'm looking for, i'd pick Sam's time and time again beacuse as i said previous - it's not so much about getting to try the smelliest skunk available, it's about getting to try out the original skunk in it's truest form.

peace

high'

i just vot3d NO & wrote why ...that's alll... no need to take it uber personal or try to change my objective opinion. i was not even lookin who is the thread starter ...but from your name now... i would guess you seek for O.Haze rather than some dead animal weed.

& your last part from this post appears even more confusing than the contrast between your name and rks tendency. Samy was "heavy" in the seed business for some time ...i'm operating only with private numberz of seeds and would never sell a reproduced line. i have 1000 of skunk#1 in the fridge that i don't grow anymore, also many blueberry (f5) & deep chunk (fn+2) that i love to grow but still have more than i need for yearz. could sell all in 1 day but it's not in my interest.

the original skunk is skunk#1 aka "the pure" from the flying dutchman or just skunk#1 from seedsman. tfd & seedsman are 2 re-sellers where i know they were restocked from the skunkman (also with his seed-generation of 0.Haze, like he told us some time ago:)

high
Xyz,do you have any info on how dutch passions skunk 1# compares to the other companies?I dont see people mention it,maybe something wrong with dp's ?
I ask this,because i have 8 seedlings going in hope of doing some serious gangbang,then searching the resulting seeds for anything i like to smoke('n keep it as clone,naturally).
It would be greatly discouraging to find out im working with bad seed stock.

Funny story, I was just talking to my friend about this the other day, about that taste that coats your mouth, from that Willies, and my friend ended up picking up a sack of regs that is pretty fucking skunky, pretty close to what we are looking for. He was with some friend of a friend, smelled it, and picked up a dub of it. He said he's found a couple of seeds, and he'll pass them my way when he finishes the sack. Could be interesting.....

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i think this "rks" was a pure Indica line that made very stable seeds..."like i said",,thats pobbly why they didnt need clones...NL was the same sorta story....any ideas on how they are related??

anyone growing RKS probbly still grows outdoor,,,so a bag of "mids" is the best place to look...imo

XzY,,,i have to admit,,,even you seemed abit harsh in the beginning..no offence to you bro...but i thought you called the people who voted yes "BEGGERS"..an crybabys...."ego" an all that,,,but fuc it!!..its my prob..we can be cool again very quick,,

Last edited:

Lets face it people, Skunk is one of the most misleading names for a strain in cannabis history. That is the SK1 and others released in seed form.

There are lots of people who were hugely let down from growing Sam's "Skunk", seeds, and I'm one of them. To call a plant a skunk that comes out smelling and tasting like the SK1 is just silly. Why did he do this???

As said before by many many people who've had true RKS, it is an Afghan with a pretty heavy indi stone. Tampa Bay Florida was flooded with the stuff in the late 80's and early 90's. I can think of no bigger letdown of seeds that I've grown than Sam's SK1 and I've grown a way lot of them trying to find anything even remotely skunky.

I'm with a couple of others, Sam doesn't have RKS in seed or any other form.

As far as the "sweet", SK being better than the true SK, everybody has different opinions as to how herb affects them.

lordbudly

Veteran
there were phenos, skunk1, and skunk2, and more that i dont know, skunk1 is sweet skunk2 is rks, he inbred skunk1 until it was homogeneous, so now its a sweet skunk1

Last edited by a moderator:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Give respect to Sam!!
Skunk#1=Fine wine
Skunk #2= Cheap wine

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i here the 1.8 or 1.5 line was interesting,,,,apparently it had more Afghan

Londinium knows loads about it i think

Last edited:

tokinblackguy

i don't know about ever finding a roadkill, however, i do know that there's a putrid, rotten, non-sweet, stank, musky ass pheno in golden skush. i don't know if the smell came from the hk or the sk side, but it reeked like fungus and athletes foot. the hk dominated the cross but it did throw 1 or 2 sk leaning girls and 1 that had the sk structure and growth with an outrageous terpenoid profile finishing in 9 wks. the hk dominate ones took 10-11 but yielded extremely well.

this was years ago. did sams sk#1 around that time as well. i had some stinkers from these, but none like that gs pheno. i enjoyed the high from sk#1 more though.

just a thought while i was reading the thread.

Colina

Skunk1 maybe not the most accurate name for the line that SK1 has become, but at the same time it's pretty damn impressive what Sam has done in SK1. SK1 is the base of so many high yielding strains on the planet for indoor/outdoor production as of today that it's not even funny- look around and see if you don't agree. I'm not so sure that many folks would enjoy a really skunky plant for as long as they think they might.

Last edited:

whodair

Veteran
englishrick, I bought seedsman sk1

englishrick, I bought seedsman sk1

when they arrive this week, I will commence, and report back. also picked up g13xhaze for the 2nd time (1st time i didnt keep a male). ordered from dopeseeds, i believe the g13haze is also seedsman, sold under dopeseeds label. i will mix g13hz w my skunk#2.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
when they arrive this week, I will commence, and report back. also picked up g13xhaze for the 2nd time (1st time i didnt keep a male). ordered from dopeseeds, i believe the g13haze is also seedsman, sold under dopeseeds label. i will mix g13hz w my skunk#2.

YES YES YES BRO

your on a mishion....BIG RESPECT

im 99.9% SeedsmanSK1 are old old SK1 ...

im exited for you

ElevatorMan will be keepin a close eye too "I BET"

Hindu Killer

Veteran
The last Skunky weed I seen was AK47......its stinky. But as for RKS....last Sk I smelled was in Ruderalis Skunk from Sensi.....15yrs ago.

Its good Question.....Seems the Dronkers must be holding these original lines in there collection of world cannabis. Imagine that getting to tour the holding facility.....

Latest posts

Latest posts