What's new

Who Want's Sam To Re-Release RKS Skunk (Pre-Sweet)?

Who Want's Sam To Re-Release RKS Skunk (Pre-Sweet)?

• Yes

Votes: 138 88.5%
  • No

Votes: 18 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kaotic

We're Appalachian Americans, not hillbillys!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Fuzz420 said:
All this talk about "RKS" simply reminds me of Kentucky Outdoor or Kentucky Skunk.Ive never had a skunk in seed form that has that strong odor and amazing high like ive gotten from, and i use the term loosly,rednecks. Meet you one of these guys from eastern ky or ties to eastern ky and you will find some very powerful "skunks."Im pretty sure the whole Appalachia mountain region has herb like this.

You are exactly right my friend. Don't forget east TN. Any outdoor mids you get around here you have a good chance to find the RKS in them. I personally don't think RKS is a strain, just a pheno of a lot of non commercialized strains. People don't like plants that will make your eyes water. That's my guess as to why you can't find a stabilized strain with this characteristic. I happen to love them. THERE'S GOLD IN THEM THAR HILLS!!!!!

lordbudly

Veteran
well sam the skunkman doesnt like indicas im pretty sure i picked that up, and he did say that rks was slightly more potent than skunk1 but he didnt like the body stone but more the cerebral high, so he inbred the cerebral high and sweet taste

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ElGato said:
my guess is that Sam dosent have any RKS stock at all

in my neck of the woods real RKS wasnt even remotely close to any hybrids like sk#1
nope
....the real deal fat ass donkey dick buds that reeked like a skunk
(with absolutly no sweet smell ...nothing but pure rancid skunk) were not a hybrid at all ....they were pure line "landrace" afghani"s

nothing about any skunk#1 i have ever had in my life was even remotely close to real RKS of the 1979-1985 time period.....not even close

i'd love to see it again ...man , i'd give my first born son to have a cut ;)

mj

sam said he still has some of the first seeds he brought to Amsterdam in the 70`s, sat in a Freezer,,,he said they will germ too..."sorry for quoting"

get some old Sk1 from sam,,even if its "sweet stock"..Gypsy was givin them away as Freebies a while ago....a incross might show something close to RKS

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Yeah, the Seedsman batch I grew were very interesting - got three females at 9, 11 and 13 weeks. The two long-flowering phenos were very strange - the fastest was the tropical fruit/marker pen smell.

The 11-week pheno smelled slightly gross whilst flowering - metallic, and a bit like fresh sperm, I'm afraid to say - very odd. That disappeared on drying (thank god), and became a kind of bland sweetness. The 13-week pheno was like nothing I've ever seen - giant, fluffy buds, low resin, and a weird smell-mix of vomit, turps, floor-cleaner and peardrops. Possibly a strong Colombian/Mexican-leaning pheno. Again, it dried out sweeter and slightly fruitier, and was more like sun-dried tomatoes after a month or so, but all three phenos were different to what I normally see as 'Skunk'.

Personally, I think asking Sam to do this will probably not produce any results, but given the amount of wacky Afghani, Mexican and Colombian stock out there to use as starting-points, surely it can't be that difficult to recreate it?

Sadly all the photos are gone, except the fastest-flowering, 9-week pheno:

Skunkiest stuff I've ever had was some Williams Wonder that you could smell from down the hall. Wasn't sweet, just nasty, rotten, filthy skunk.

Also, it's funny to hear the gents from across the pond talk about skunk like they've smelled a dead one before.

H

Hazeseeker

rcknrllmothrfck said:
Skunkiest stuff I've ever had was some Williams Wonder that you could smell from down the hall. Wasn't sweet, just nasty, rotten, filthy skunk.

Also, it's funny to hear the gents from across the pond talk about skunk like they've smelled a dead one before.
yeah i've never seen or smelled a dead skunk before, we don't get them in this country (as far as i'm aware), but the smell that was really detectable from that 1 pheno of AfgHzxAfgSk i found last year took me back to when i was younger - there used to be a slaughter house near where we stayed, the slaughter house was pretty much the middle ground between the farm where the cattle were brought up and the butchers where we buy our meat over the counter, it's where they used to prepeare the meat for the butcher, getting rid of all the inside's of the farm stock, guts n all, so if you were anywhere within the vicinity of the slaughter house the smell of dead meat was impossible to avoid, it wasn't like a pleasant smell as if you were frying a t-bone steak or anything, really vile carcus swealtering on a hot day type smell, on a hot summer's day the aroma was 10-fold.
That pheno reminded me so much of that smell from back then, zero sweetness at all, all very offensive and agressive on the nose.

peace

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
top input EM,,,do you think the Seedsman stuff was old Sk1 stock??....what Afghan would you use to recreate rks...Mazari ??....what mex sativa??....this is gettin good

i remember being young and my dad took me to an "Abatwaa" (sp?)...BSE was all the rage and the blue meat was all over the place,,,,Awsome Filet from that place,,,so thats the meat smell your talking about hazeS,,cool

like a Butchers Shop??

Last edited:

basilfarmer

Rick buddy, always good to see you hope all is well :D

-----------------

people keep mentioning reefermans double roadkill skunk

those that grew it that I know were massively disappointed and it was painfully obvious that reeferman didnt even test this before releasing it

beware of his new releases, I know a lot of disappointed people

---------------
anyways, I voted yes. people really want this strain. maybe they will break even on the cost of extra carbon scrubbers after they sell their crop lol

but seriously, many are interested, but I doubt it will happen if sam said no already

sorry to ask a dumb question, but is it that much better smoke than skunk #1?

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i vote yes with a glimpse of hope it will happen one day...
what i dont get is why skunk was made sweet the 2 just dont match, the name should of changed aswell i thought it was called skunk for a reason?
can anyone enlighten me on this please..

XyZ

Trichomnia
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well i voted n0
...cuz i know he has better thingz to do in his life stage
& i was not even lookin for a rks pheno when i used the old skunk#1 for my deep chunk cross

Weedninja

Interesting point, r&rmf. For you non-North Americans, the closest thing to a real skunk I've ever smelled is a male dog expressing his anal gland. They do this under stress and some groomers do it intentionally. If you've ever smelled that, then you have a pretty good idea of what a skunk smells like.

Hempy came closest to describing what we used to call skunk where I am, which is pretty funny because it's my understanding that Hempy is from a different continent than me.

The stuff we used to call skunk had red hairs, a mildly pungent aroma, finger-sized sticky buds and a clear, fairly psychoactive high. It was a great daytime smoke with not much ceiling.

ElGato

Veteran
Dalaihempy said:
You guys do relise that the sweet sk as you call it was infact a better smoke and still stunk to high heaven.

who are you trying to kid bro?
.....the RKS i used to get was quite a bit better (imho)than any skunk#1 you ever had..
it was stronger tasting , stronger smelling and had a stronger more sedate stone than sk#1

englishrick said:
sam said he still has some of the first seeds he brought to Amsterdam in the 70`s, sat in a Freezer,,,he said they will germ too..."sorry for quoting"

just because the man has old seeds he brought to Adam in the 70's dosent mean it's RKS.... now does it?

englishrick said:
get some old Sk1 from sam,,even if its "sweet stock"..Gypsy was givin them away as Freebies a while ago....a incross might show something close to RKS

grown sk#1 quite a few times and there isnt anything there that is even remotely like RKS

RKS were pure or mostly pure afghani lines

and if you've never had real RKS then you really cant speak intellegently about it.....because you just dont know

mj

kaotic

We're Appalachian Americans, not hillbillys!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hoosierdaddy said:
Most of the so called Skunk in Ky is in reality Affy.

Just wondering what leads you to this conclusion. I've pondered where indica came from around here more than I've liked to. I think there are a lot of mexican sativa crosses with affy due to the amount of commercially grown herb in the area. Would be pretty close to what was used to create skunk.

XyZ

Trichomnia
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hell yeah ...nobody saved/reproduced any rks seeds when they were available and now we see here some ego begging to an old skunkman just because they didn't tried a pot which smells like a dead animal. Yeah Sam will work his ass off again lol... dream on'

like already said from a member, rks similarities can be found in stinky indica lines

TomHill in an other thread said about his Indian indica being a roadkill skunk territory. probably even stronger and more pungent plants can be found if some1 starts searching in the F2 generation from 2 different indica lines. folks should learn and practice selection rather than writing santa wishes on the forumz.

~Sam didn't even like the rks taste & type of stone'
his final concentration was in the sativa energy ...and you can find this in the Original Haze... which is still available today!

Last edited:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Elgato..i mean no disrespect to any one....but id put money on sam keepin all different seeds, from all different stages in his life,,,"im not cryin about strains,,,ive flowerd nothin but the Cheese clone since 06"....did you grow SeedsMan`s Sk1?...or Gypsys Sk1 Freebies from sam.....they are my most promissing lines...

Sensi`s sk1 is a differnt story so is TFD....garlic bud is interesting tho...id say you just gota know what seeds to choose,,,an there still out there!

i agree with XyZ....sam allways said the sweet was better, an id go with sam,,so im defo happy with Cheese..i think sam is too thats why no more rks is comin,,,,but he might sell some old seeds

its starting to sound like i am searching for an Afghan ....Was it Mazari that brought that "terp/AfghanBlack" smell...

TheRealSeedCompany and WorldofSeeds Is sellin some cool old landrace lines Mazari,Tibet,China,,,,do you think its possible to add the Afghan back??...or make a new polly from them?

KcBrains has some Afghani Special that he says has oldschool taste....gypsy has some Moroc x Afghan,,,shanti/MNS "Devil" and shit.....TFD with Afghanica....what do you guys think is the closest to old Afghan stinky stuff??

i think the magic is in the mazari

Last edited:
H

Hazeseeker

XyZ said:
hell yeah ...nobody saved/reproduced any rks seeds when they were available and now we see here some ego begging to an old skunkman just because they didn't tried a pot which smells like a dead animal. Yeah Sam will work his ass off again lol... dream on'
what do you mean by that XyZ talking about "some ego"?, your post is all over the place man, who's begging?, just because you don't wanna grow or smoke this doesn't mean you have to try and get personal with the growers who do
XyZ said:
like already said from a member, rks similarities can be found in stinky indica lines
i already know this XyZ, it's not hard to look through X amount of Afghani/Afghan Skunks to find something close, it's not about looking for the smelliest skunk, it's about hopefully getting the chance to finally try the true skunk as it once was, some of Sam's original work
XyZ said:
TomHill in an other thread said about his Indian indica being a roadkill skunk territory. probably even stronger and more pungent plants can be found if some1 starts searching in the F2 generation from 2 different indica lines. folks should learn and practice selection rather than writing santa wishes on the forumz.
me like many others have tried to find Deep Chunk for sale time and time again, it's impossible to find it at this present time (that i know of), i heard HTC is gonna release it real soon tho so i'm really looking forward to finally getting the chance to try it out
XyZ said:
~Sam didn't even like the rks taste & type of stone'
his final concentration was in the sativa energy ...and you can find this in the Original Haze... which is still available today!
i know this as well XyZ, it ties in with the same thing i just mentioned previous - it's there to be found, or something close to it is there to be found,
but if it came down to 2 choices - if someone said : right you can pick a pack of the original pre sweet skunk from Sam, or a pack from X breeder, say both are gonna give exactly what i'm looking for, i'd pick Sam's time and time again beacuse as i said previous - it's not so much about getting to try the smelliest skunk available, it's about getting to try out the original skunk in it's truest form.

peace

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
good point haze bro.............id frame the pack......id germ the seeds with exissive care and pray they cracked,,,just to try a pice of the past.....its like a TimeCapsule.....id realy enjoy them seeds, an im into cuttings myself,,,"im no begger"...if my respect is worth nothing im outa here

sam might sell some old seeds 1 day....:)

i think DeepChunk is only available to hardcore ethusiasts of TomHill..it seems imposible to get at the mo,,Raco has some of the best shot on ICmag ...DC is defo interesting when lookin at it through Raco`s cammara

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts