What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

who want's a GREEN HOUSE........I DO!!!!!!

full time daddy
Veteran
my landlord said this is a eyesore and to tare it down & burn the wood, he would pay me..... i agreed but told him "it's a gold mine" all take the cash your going to pay me to burn it & rebuild.... so its a done deal

so my 1st ? is what siding/roofing do i use, as u see there's oak tree's in & near by that drop acorns 6mil clear poly is not going to cut it on this job.... :1help: the green fiberglass and lattice will be taken off in the morning i was thinking 10-12 mil poly for the side's.... then adding a 16 x 25 hoop style next to it

1 20 amp plug for fan's and a small light co2 ect...

size: 16w x 16L x 8h

more pic's to come....:woohoo:

Last edited:

Ribsauce

hahaha sounds like a fun project... ya gotta love grow room builds... im working on getting my indoor setup finished and ready to go... good luck with everything and im sure ill be back to see how things are going for ya

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Yeah skies the limit here

But to make it more permanent, maybe use, that corrugated plastic that is sometimes used for fences.. Will let lots of light in, yet add some privacy

A little jealous here dude

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
what fun a project......lookz like a eazy swap over.......should make for a nice greenhouse.......lucky boy........have fun:abduct:

full time daddy
Veteran
sweeet .. FIRST :D

:woohoo:

:wave:
oO(pass's arcticsun the joint......) FIRST TO HELP!!! :woohoo:

hahaha sounds like a fun project... ya gotta love grow room builds... im working on getting my indoor setup finished and ready to go... good luck with everything and im sure ill be back to see how things are going for ya
im hopping it will be GL on your indoor room i have one of them im working on as well at the same time..... talk about overtime on the brain

Yeah skies the limit here

But to make it more permanent, maybe use, that corrugated plastic that is sometimes used for fences.. Will let lots of light in, yet add some privacy

A little jealous here dude
the sky was where im hopping to be when done with this build..... i was looking last night at greenhouse supply's MAN is there a lot... lol but for the nice stuff uv protect ect... it would be $300 to do just the roof.... DAMN. so i think i will be going with the corrugated plastic on the roof and double up on some 6mil on the side's

You have a tree growing thru it? That is going to be a hassle to work around, but it is doable.

not A tree..... but 2 of them both oak's...... landlord said i cant cut them so i will work around to keep him happy but YA what a joke huh who built this thing? but im glad they did cuz im gonna make it nice & useful

full time daddy
Veteran
good luck with this mate. sounds like it will be an interesting project.
thx buddy it will be interesting it's my first green house :D
I want to see how it turns out mate, subscribed.
Me 2.... well i got a lil bit done today man it's day & night between open and that green fiberglass crap...

also i broke out the tape too day and i was off on the size it's 15w x 15l x 6h

on the back side there was this lil shelf that i think i might keep theres also a sink that i might put to use.. :D

here's the side im gonna add the hoop style too. i was going to do 32' but after pulling out the tape 25 is all i get +15 for the aframe = 40'x15' should be golden with that

Last edited:

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
why dont you use the clear coragated for the roof and maybe even the sides.. It will still look sharp and get overall good use of light.. My ex coworker had a small GH covered with that grew trees in it.. Ill bbl to see progress peace..

edit: also those trees are not that big of a problem it will add some character up inside there.. Im sure you wont be living there in 10 yrs.. Also i bet not one person here has an oak much less two in there greenhouse.. lol..

sack

Last edited:

spyvsspy

NICE!!! If I was in your place I would be doing the same thing, looks like a fun........and mighty productive project!! Wish that was my place! Your landlord sounds mighty cool too, wish that was my landlord:1help:

Great progress already. The frame is still in great condition, from the original picture I thought it might be a little weakened.

Good stuff, keep it up while the weather's nice.

Fluorobuds

Like everyone said man, lookin good. They sell some clear corrugated plastic at HD, not sure if its the same you are talking about, but I have a greenhouse with that on it and it works good. Was that old fiberglass strand crap on it? Thats where I started and it was so brittle I replaced it too. The HD stuff is PVC I think and pretty sturdy. I bought some frost glass spray paint and put it on and you cant even see in but plenty of sun gets through. For the walls, I think you really only need the one side covered with a material to let the sun in (can't remember which side, hopefully someone will chime in). That's how mine is at least, the other 3 sides are closed up with tin siding to help with security, not sure if thats an issue for you tho. Either way, I think you are gonna have a lot of fun next spring haha

full time daddy
Veteran
schweet
tuned in for this one mein
:D
Nice is that a coliseum chillin in there :yoinks:

id go with some woven green house poly for the roof instead of the corrugated plastic lots of weak spots with those panels and a bit more work to put up especially with the those trees in the mix . if your going to be running it in the winter/early spring should consider putting in some hydronic beds .
haha! coliseum just chillin is right my man.... im doing my research on woven poly as we speak never really liked corrugated plastic but did not want 6mil either so im glad i posted your thread really got me on my toe's bout building this thing i was kinda putting it off and working on the indoor room{20x30} i think i will be running the Ghouse year round and will be looking into something for now it just going to be soil and a few waterfarm/dwc buckets

why dont you use the clear coragated for the roof and maybe even the sides.. It will still look sharp and get overall good use of light.. My ex coworker had a small GH covered with that grew trees in it.. Ill bbl to see progress peace..

edit: also those trees are not that big of a problem it will add some character up inside there.. Im sure you wont be living there in 10 yrs.. Also i bet not one person here has an oak much less two in there greenhouse.. lol..

sack
i was really thinking about the corragated sheets but after research woven poly is the way..... my wife said the same thing about the trees.... i do like them but the acorns that fall... my god it hit that fiberglass and sounded like someone poppin 22 rounds right out my bedroom window..lol ur right i only got a 8yr lease :p

NICE!!! If I was in your place I would be doing the same thing, looks like a fun........and mighty productive project!! Wish that was my place! Your landlord sounds mighty cool too, wish that was my landlord:1help:
yeah buddy... u will get your someday homie.. it took me a long time

Great progress already. The frame is still in great condition, from the original picture I thought it might be a little weakened.

Good stuff, keep it up while the weather's nice.
thats the goal befor the weather turns, i was really unsure of the frame but after some work this thing was built with good lumber 1/2 the 2x4's will be replaced along with the all 1x3's on the roof but the main frame is all ceder with a seal nice and strong.....

Like everyone said man, lookin good. They sell some clear corrugated plastic at HD, not sure if its the same you are talking about, but I have a greenhouse with that on it and it works good. Was that old fiberglass strand crap on it? Thats where I started and it was so brittle I replaced it too. The HD stuff is PVC I think and pretty sturdy. I bought some frost glass spray paint and put it on and you cant even see in but plenty of sun gets through. For the walls, I think you really only need the one side covered with a material to let the sun in (can't remember which side, hopefully someone will chime in). That's how mine is at least, the other 3 sides are closed up with tin siding to help with security, not sure if thats an issue for you tho. Either way, I think you are gonna have a lot of fun next spring haha

its the east & west side's....... then the roof that should be open, but just cuz i want mine all out all have to pass on some heater sheets of tin when the sun hit's it :) im not worryed one bit about security i got my game boot's on :noway:

so no work got done today but i will be hitting up home depot to get the list of thing's need'd once i have it layed out a lil more all get on ordering some woven poly hoping to have this thing up and going by late aug's:yeahthats

A

arcticsun

heheyy ... look at that, you dont muck around do you? :yes:

great progress already, cant wait for the next step :D

full time daddy
Veteran
heheyy ... look at that, you dont muck around do you? :yes:

great progress already, cant wait for the next step :D

my biggest hold up is going to be $
what he gave me{$200} covered just about everything for the frame,wood screw's paint door pvc ect.... lucky me i have power wire & a 70 amp sub the 15 x 25 add on is coming out of pocket { $250 w/out poly } the woven poly for the whole project is looking some where around $450-$500 so i have to come up with around $700 but never the less a good price for a 15 x 40 greenhouse :D all the hardware will be bought and up this weekend the poly will have to wait a few weeks but that will give me time to run water lines power wire build raised bed's and a few truckloads of soil...

nice setup!

with all the trees you have around, do you think you will get enough light in there?

I was wondering the same thing

no & yes, right now im getting 2hr's twilight 3 direct 2hr's shade 3 more direct then 2 twilight again just about 12 hr's in order too veg anything i will have to add light's not a big deal at all i think the way its going to work out is the 15 x 15 will be veg/mom/clone with some where around 4 400's for 2-3 hr's in the morning & 2-3 @ night, then the 15 x 25 will be for flower with 5 600{maybe1k's} for rainy/cloudy days i will be using a blackout cover for the 15 x 25 area so the vegging house wont keep the flowering room awake..... ... :)

i been putting these baby's out @ 7am when i go to work then bringing them in just after 8pm be for i go to bed from 8pm to 7am there under a 175 untell the GH is up a running

strain list so far
1 kush x c99
1 kush x ssh
1 kush x elvis
1 ww IX1
1 gonzo#1
5 hy-ddxhp
4 arjon haze x cinn
3 top44
1 godberry
1 k2
1 kalimost

Last edited:

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
nice i want a green house one day, still got other little projects ahead of me , glad to see all is well.... :joint: