What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who uses a vaporizer...

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I'm not expert but that seems a bit high. I've been vaping around 375 F and it suits me fine.

With an Arizer, I start at 220C and finish with 230C. Maybe the temp depends on the model used.

I did US bong only, for 30 years, and coughed up black crap every morning. As soon as I started vaping that stopped.

Juan Budd

I'm not expert but that seems a bit high. I've been vaping around 375 F and it suits me fine.

That's in the ball park of what I use 185-195 C depending on my mood and how dry the bud is (my vape gets a little bit harsher at 195 C and very dry bud).

This https://www.zamnesia.com/content/284-vaporizer-temperatures-for-cannabis looks like it might be good info.

Any vape temperature is much better than setting fire to it [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
biggrin.gif
[/FONT]

JB.

Green Squall

With an Arizer, I start at 220C and finish with 230C. Maybe the temp depends on the model used.

I did US bong only, for 30 years, and coughed up black crap every morning. As soon as I started vaping that stopped.

Interesting. I'm curious to hear what everyone's preferred temperatures are? I agree it definently depends on what vape your using. With my Pulsar APX I need higher temps, but with the Airvape xs 375 F produces good vapor. I do bump it up sometimes later at night though.

Juan Budd

Just read this about the Arizer on Medicaljane:

"It is important to remember that the displayed temperature is actually the temperature of the heating core, which is about an inch and a half below where your herb sits in the bowl. This means that you may have to set the temperature a little higher than what you are used to in order to achieve your desired vapor characteristics."

I guess the only true temperature measure would be a sensor right in the middle of the herb - most inconvenient [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
biggrin.gif
[/FONT] and so I suppose all vapes have their own representation of the facts.

Yup.. it's so good when you realise you aren't coughing up the gunge anymore [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
woohoo.gif

[/FONT]JB.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Just read this about the Arizer on Medicaljane:

"It is important to remember that the displayed temperature is actually the temperature of the heating core, which is about an inch and a half below where your herb sits in the bowl. This means that you may have to set the temperature a little higher than what you are used to in order to achieve your desired vapor characteristics."

I guess the only true temperature measure would be a sensor right in the middle of the herb - most inconvenient [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]View Image[/FONT] and so I suppose all vapes have their own representation of the facts.

Yup.. it's so good when you realise you aren't coughing up the gunge anymore [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]View Image

[/FONT]JB.

That is what I was thinking. It depends on where they are measuring, and the design of the unit. With the Arizer you can take a plain draw, or low/med/high fan assisted hits. I usually use low on 220C and medium on 230C, finishing up the bowl.

FYI - The Arizer Extreme - Q has presets on the remote for 200, 210, 220, 230 centigrade. There is up down buttons to raise or lower, in degree increments.

Koondense

Veteran
With Grasshopper i usually vape at 175-185C and when i hit it with a bong i turn it up on 220C.
Amazing vape!

BudToaster

Veteran
I'm curious to hear what everyone's preferred temperatures are?
when the herb is dank i find 385°F to be best ... 5°F higher and it triggers a cough ... but when the herb is crappy, i go to 420°F to try to wring out the barely-existent trichomes.

i measure the hottest part of the heater coil with a BBQ thermometer. from testing with the thermometer probe in the middle of the herb, the temp of the herb hits the heater temp in the first 5 seconds of the inhale. so i know exactly what i'm getting.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Also, with the Arizer, first hit tastes like nothing, second is best, then tapers off. At about five hits kind of tasteless.

Would love them to create smaller bowl. Used to do one hit bongs for that reason. Always fresh material.

Sent them an e-mail about that.

superx

Veteran
The first hit with the majority of vapes does very little in terms of vapour. (until its properly heated of-coarse)

I like to start low 175c - 180c for the ultimate flavor and taste, i then crank it up for the final session finishing at 200c

I do this this with all my vapes..

Yellowmoon

Admittedly once having built some tolerance I tend to set the level of Solo straight to 6 out of 7, which might mean 220C (depends of the serial number, forgot) and is a bit much. Anyway, as an old habit I want to inhale the minimum amount of anything potentially garcinogenic, so there's that. Getting the stuff in and out quickly. :D For absolutely dry bud it's... dry and harsh, but pretty sure the active components are there.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I'll never go back to pipes, bongs, joints, blunts ever again because my lungs were starting to hurt bad. I will only use my vaporizer from now on. I even decided to take a 3 month smoke break (atm). I'm on the 2ed month of my smoke break.
I was only smoking 3 bowls a day for 15-20 years or so.
I even eat very healthy and exercise all the time.

I really like the high I get from the vaporizer. I'll agree that the taste of the herb could be better but the strong high I get makes up for it. plus my herb last longer. :) I use a volcano vaporizer that a cousin gave me for FREE because she didn't like it.

Koondense

Veteran
@#1
Try your vape with a bong.
And if taste is an issue you should get a better vaporizer or better weed. Or both :)

Average weed stays average when vaping, but good weed can be sublime.

I often switch between vaporizer and joint. It's so comfortable to use a vaporizer indoor sitting in the couch and not worrying about the smell get caught in the furnitures. But there is nothing better than the good feeling taking a joint during a walk.

99%

I'm about a month into using a vape 90% of the time (after 45 years of burning)..I loved the first week, but recently I've been having a few more pipes and joints, these taste like a burnt ashtray and I'm really aware of the stinky smell that lingers around the neighborhood on non-windy days, but the high is instant, "heavier" and I've finished it seconds or minutes, but with a vape, I need 10+ minutes to inhale the vapor from the same amount of bud, it tastes 1000 times better, there's almost zero smell. I never cough and the high is mostly heady. I vape my material until it is dark and toasty..but the time it takes to warm up, clean the glass piece, charge the vape, take out the herb and stir it or turn it upside down and the time it takes to cash the bud is a major PIA. What the world needs is a herb vape that is portable, has a really long battery life, no stirring required, vape 100% of the resin in seconds not 10 minutes, gives full thick vapor on every puff and the high is better than combustion...vapes have come a long way in the past ten years and I expect the next five or ten years to have vaporizers that will make the latest Arizer out now seem about as good as an old Vapor Brothers box vape is today. I can't wait for the future!

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
@#1
Try your vape with a bong.
And if taste is an issue you should get a better vaporizer or better weed. Or both :)

Average weed stays average when vaping, but good weed can be sublime.
a better vaporizer!?? that's is the one!

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
That is what I was thinking. It depends on where they are measuring, and the design of the unit. With the Arizer you can take a plain draw, or low/med/high fan assisted hits. I usually use low on 220C and medium on 230C, finishing up the bowl.

FYI - The Arizer Extreme - Q has presets on the remote for 200, 210, 220, 230 centigrade. There is up down buttons to raise or lower, in degree increments.
I like the idea of the EQ but that little wand hose is too small..

Koondense

Veteran
a better vaporizer!?? that's is the one!

You're probably right, but maybe the balloon style isn't the best for everyone, for example I love to vape on demand and take a hit directly.
Perhaps the Plenty could do the job in a different way.

I'm sure if I was buying a non portable vape I would prefer the Plenty over the Volcano.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
You're probably right, but maybe the balloon style isn't the best for everyone, for example I love to vape on demand and take a hit directly.
Perhaps the Plenty could do the job in a different way.

I'm sure if I was buying a non portable vape I would prefer the Plenty over the Volcano.
SILVER SUFER on the desk at home wita wand, no bag...... the portables suck. Thats why so many say they don't work.. I've heard that chicken bags are good for small amounts in the volcano