What's new

who loves BMW automobiles?

Tronic

CTSV, while the performance might be there, again there is a serious design flaw present in ALL major japanese car manufacturers.

clearly you either dont value comfort as much, or are a littler smaller than most. or maybe you just dont give a fuck.

either way, to each his own.

inverse

to all you STI fans: how do you feel about the newest sti model with the crap body style? are you fans of that car?

S

sow the seeds

I personally like the new STi. Its grown on me and there are a few nice ones I've seen. As far as results though it seems to be a much better/faster car based on WRC driver's opinions...Petter Solberg seems to like it a whole lot better than the old body style.

I also like it because its much more functional...I'd love to have a hatch to just throw my bike in go. But the 04 05 MY sti/wrx are def my fav looks wise.

Sorry SF I didn't mean to get OT in here about Subarus and GTRs. I still want me an e30 M3 but that won't happen anytime soon.

southflorida

lives on planet 4:20
Veteran
I respect anyone's opinion about whatever car they like

I personally believe that you love what you love, you like what you like, and you don't love what you don't love or don't like what you don't like......it may sound simple and stupid...but I'm almost 40...and after a life of some of the most outrageous shit...like riding the biggest rollercoaster its just what I think

so whatever cars you all like or love......keep doing it...you can't do anything about it anyway

we cannot choose what we *love or like*....its not one of the things we choose

we can choose to build our lives around what we like or love....or not...but the love of something is not a choice...sorry....to whoever has not recognized this about us human being....you will when you live long enough.....and learn how to correctly understand reality

C

CTSV

"clearly you either dont value comfort as much, or are a littler smaller than most. or maybe you just dont give a fuck."

The GTR is a Supercar, and supercars are not usually known for their luxury. However, the GTR, has more amenities than a BMW M6. Not only is a GTR more luxurious, it cost less, and will absolutely destroy a M6. ( As I have stated earlier I have driven both the M5 and M6, the M5 is actually the better performer of the two, but the transmission in both suck)

I am not aware of any MAJOR design flaw in ALL Japanese cars. The Japanese make far better vehicles than the US. Now, Nissan, has come out and taken over the supercar market. The GTR ran the same exact time as the new Ferrari F430 Scuderia around the Top Gear track.

As for comfort: I have owned a Acura, Lexus, Cadillac, Merc, BMW, so yeah, I am into comfort and luxury. When I have to drive. However, when the mood to DRIVE, strikes me, I want something that will put it's hand down my pants and give a good yank! The GTR does that better than any supercar on the market, and for a Quarter million less in some cases (F430, LP640, 599 GTB, GT2).

7:29 around the Nurburgring, and you can set it in "comfort" mode and run to the store.

Last edited:

Tronic

haha agreed on all points, what i meant by comfort are the DIMENSIONS of the actual vehicle. every japanese car i've been in (a shit ton) are too cramped for me. again, designed for smaller, asian men.

thats all.

Yummybud

Veteran
bmw is an excellent car for sure but......

I don't see bmw as a special car, a good car sure, but when I see a bmw even an m3 or m5 or whatever it's not really a car that makes me drool.

I personally prefer porsches, more specifically I want a 993 turbo, last of the 911 aircooled turbos.

bmws are more luxury, performance family sedans/ coupes. I prefer raw sports car with no cup holders.

and mercedes....... I picture my granpa driving a mercedes.

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
not anymore dude....the bmw one series shoved all that luxury shit out the window...Mm turbo charged and intercooled BMW wooow

southflorida

Veteran
people that love BMW....will keep buying them....even the models with poor designs like the current 3 sedan and 5 sedans and also the X3 (the last looks more or less ok in the white color)

and as nycdfan said...you can get the 1st model with an engine that will blow you away when you press the gas pedal.....just pure power with pure driving pleasure....and the 3 door coupe has awesome design also.....and most important for a very fair price

Last edited:
C

CTSV

"I picture my granpa driving a mercedes."

Oh Really, would he like the CLK63 Black Series?

Maybe the twin turbo V12, that makes 661 hp, in the SL65 Black Series.

You have obviously never set foot in a AMG. Which are absolute sleepers.

The 993 Turbo S is badass, 0-60 3.8, 1/4 in 11.8!

burn586

I'm a little late for this one I see. I got an 05 m3 in april and I'm hooked. I had a civic that was faster but this thing is something else. I don't think I'll ever be able to drive another make. Cheers all you bmw lovers!

C

CTSV

IMO the M3 you have (E46), is a much better vehicle than the new E93. When are you sending it to Dinan?

burn586

Shit I wish I could get it hooked up like that. I try to stay as low key as possible though, straight stock for me. It might be lame, but where I live, the cops would be all over my shit if it looked or sounded anything different.

John_Grows

As a BMW owner I've always been pleased with my cars performance. It drives really amazing on the highways and is great in the city too.

Blunt rides in the M5 are AWESOOOME! :muahaha:

southflorida

Veteran
John....so true.....I wish more owners of BMW's bumped this thread...to tell you the truth.....my BMW is the only material thing I really *love* with a big letter....*L*

this year.....I drove it 4000 km in 3 days on my own....through Europe with stops in Amsterdam and Haarlem...of course.....and enjoyed every second.....did not get tired in those seats for one minute.....and was flying through most of germany 250 km/h....what a fuc...in pleasure to drive

i have 3 bmws in my driveway and i will be adding my favorite to the family very very soon......a e46 bmw ///M3 :jump: this is my dream car...my dad owns a shop and right next door is a bmw shop that does all sorts of bmws porsches and nissan gts are maily what he works with i love them all. and a few of my friends own some of the m series which are amazing to drive. if your in massachusetts you should think about going to the bostoncarsandcoffee you wont regret it.

"IMO the car maker nowadays is SUBARU... the BEST AWD system period"

The new R35 GTR, has a much more impressive AWD system IMHO. Coupled with it's Dual Clutch Transmission, it shifts in the blink of an eye. I realize it cost quite a bit more, but having owned a M5 and driven a M6, I was not impressed. The M5 is gone, and the GTR is a completely different animal then anything BMW has to offer. The new M3 is nice, for the same money, but really can't compete. If you haven't noticed, I am a GTR fan. As soon as the markups die down, I will be visiting the dealership.

these cars are extremely long but are really nice...very quick. drove in a customers car and had a ball

Leafmold

Hi,
I have just bought a 1989 325i in good nick, 120,000 miles of a friend and I know that he did lots of work on it. Love the old shape , not to keen on the newer shapes.
Had an older 525 but to heavy.
The car is quick n fun to drive, puts a smile on your face.:)

Latest posts

Latest posts