What's new

who loves BMW automobiles?

southflorida

lives on planet 4:20
Veteran
I have a BMW 530i..(2001-2003 model)....in mint condition....bought a few years ago from a friend who imports cars from Germany

he called me from Germany and said he found this car from an old fart who seems to have driven it to the store and back.....it was 3 years old and had 60.000 original kilometers....I said I'm buying it hommie...straight up

for Germany that is very little.....the car looked like new inside and out

it is an automatic/tiptronic.....and the bitch is fast....for sure

anyway.....I have been driving for about 23 years...started driving in Ft. Lauderdale when I was 15 years old (for the first year around my townhouse community without license).....first car was a 1978 chevy malibu.....dark blue with original rims....like those undercover autos driven by stupid ass cops

to make a long story short....I have owned and driven fords, chevys, buicks, cadillacs, toyotas, in America

and Mercedes, Subaru, Audi, Mitsubishi, and a few others in Eastern Europe.....and for me personally there is no other car like a BMW

I can say for 100% it is the only material thing in the world from which I get 100% pleasure 100% of the time.......like they advertise....it is pleasure behind the wheel

the best times for me are when I drive to the Netherlands through Germany doing 250 km/h.......it is the closest thing to bliss I have ever experienced....and driving back home 250 km/h with huge bags of weed hidden *well* is double the pleasure...lmfao

there is no other car that gives you that *experience* for that kind of money....the sound of the engine....with the take off....the smoothness of the ride....i even get goose bumps thinking about it when I ride

it is the only thing i will miss (besides my wife and pug of course) when I die and go to heaven...lol....(a pug is a dog...for anyone who doesn't know)

anyway.....who else....*loves* BMW and why

Last edited:

southflorida

Veteran
this is what I am looking at in the next year or two

either a 2007 M5 (photo when gallery upload starts working) or

a 2008 M3 (photo when gallery upload starts working)

I really want the M3 more...since in two years I will not have anyone to drive around with except my wife....since both our kids will be grown up....and I just love how it looks in white (even though white is my least favorite color for a car...pink also...lmao)

the M5 is ugly imo...just like all the 5 models that are 2004 and on....I don't know what happened to BMW designers....but I think they are smoking amnesia haze...lol....and then making designs up

anyway...getting on the autobahn in that M3.....is my new dream....since I love driving fast....I guess its a passion you can say....I don't care if there is some danger in it.....if you are not willing to die for those things that are really important to you.....than what the hell is this life for....to be a part of the rat race?

driving up in my M3 to the *Haarlem's* Willie Wortels Indica coffeeshop in my M3, parking, walking in, and smoking a huge joint of some Amnesia Haze with my bartender friends is what I consider to be the ultimate experience for a weed lover like me.....then bullshiting about everything in the world....high and tripping like a mofo...that is the dream life for me...lol

Last edited:

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
southflorida said:
next year I will have my older son video us driving 250 km/h and put it up here on youtube also
Speed kills....or more correct - differences in speed kills.
Be careful, it´s a killing machine

Paddi

southflorida

Veteran
my older son next year will be 18...and I think if he chooses to drive with me on the autobahn....then its his *adult choice*

with that said...in Germany.....many....many....many Germans drive like this all the time...and yes a few do get killed....but overrall Germany has a lower death rate than most countries

and its not something I do as an extreme sport or something.....I have an auto that drives this fast......the autobahn is a place where people with fast cars.....actually have a chance to use what they pay for.....and I *love* driving fast

in my country I rarely go over the speed limit...in city 65km..outside 100km

but you know what Paddi.....I really appreciate the concern....especially from a good outside grower like yourself

and I have been in Denmark....business travel....to a company that produces office supplies...a few years back....really liked the lifestyle most people have there...very laid back

plus my wife has a good friend who moved there and married a Danish man.....later she seperated and is now just dating.....but still doesnt want to come back to our sorry ass Baltic State country

Last edited:

inverse

i had a crappy base prelude for many years as a first car. It burned, and a month ago i got an e39 540iA. I could never go back to Japanese cars ever again. Love my bimmer

K

kallenavndk

Yeah i drive from dk too disney land paris 2 times now and when u drive on auto bahn people are good drivers ,make u go tru if your driving faster and so on ,but in france people drive like crazy they dont care about u they drive for them self and no other . I think speed dont kill but bad drivers and cars do.............

Btw I have a suzuki swift from 07 from 0-100 on 10 seconds :) Fun littel car whit a 1.3 liters motor have about 100 hps :) 16 valve on 1.3 liters standard hehe i like to get a chip in mine then i go 0-100 on 8 sec :) in a 1.3 liters lol

Suzuki rules this old suzuki make a ferraie bite the dust...Dum dum dum another one bites the dust.

My shit :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uuE27ySL0k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F9ECB5Tn9k&feature=related

Last edited:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I like beemers myself but have noticed that they lose value rapidly after hitting 100K (miles) here in the US regardless of condition. I've shopped several times for BMWs over the years but have bought a Mercedes instead in each case.

Very sweet choice btw with the 530i and a nice price.

southflorida

Veteran
you are right *kallenavndk....it is the people on the road...that cause deaths....not so much the speed limit

inverk....u r right...can't imagine any japanese...even lexus

stoner for life....i loved my mercedes...has a very dependability feeling about it....but damn when I hit the gas on my BMW....i get goosbumps

Last edited:

BrainBoy

OMG!
youTube links not in the links and video thread. KG I think this needs a lock!

For real tho I love BMWs although I have never gotten a chance to drive one. I think they have a nice look especially the mid through late nineties models. That said they suck in snow compared to my 07 Impreza wagon and aren't nearly as functional for the kind of stuff I like to do. I've been a subie man ever since my first and probably always will be.

And the M3 is probably plenty of power to glue you to your seat. Lexus sucks because Toyota hasn't made a good sports car since the supra. Hop in an 02-07 STi for a sweet Japanese ride, but fukk the 08.

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
the 2002 and original m3 were amaaaazing. wish i could get one now, but examples in good condition don't pop up at reasonable prices too often.

I like the late 90's m3 (e36?) as well with the 3.0 euro block in it, hardened up, and turboed.

Can't deny the class of the last gen 7 series.

at brainboy: new STi in all black looks sick. I have to test out one of those sooon.

The Bling

I've driven alot of nice cars
cl 63
sl 63
cls 63 they're all just dust though

the most enjoyment i've had driving a car lately was a new accord it felt solid and 30 mpg

but the nicest car i've ever driven

.... CUDA... WAMP WAMP WAMP WAMP WAMP

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
southflorida said:
stoner for life....i loved my mercedes...has a very dependability feeling about it....but damn when I hit the gas on my BMW....i get goosbumps
I hear ya bro, likely just a difference in our ages. in my youth I had a '71 Cuda convertible, a '72 El Camino w/a very tricked out 350, '74 AMC Gremlin-X w/a 304 cu. inch & Levi interior, got done with the muscle cars & in '76 bought a '68 250SL benz, 2.5 litre, Bosch high performance mechanical fuel injection, stock with solid lifters of course. as it was an inline 6 cylinder adjusting valves was a breeze. I'm toying with the idea of another mid-late 60s SL as a project car.

btw/fyi the Cuda was bought new in '72, but the ElCamino, Gremin, & Benz were bought by me respectively in '74/'75/'76 with my hard earned (I always worked 2 jobs whenever possible) money. The Cuda,ElCamino & Gremiln were always in excellent condition, the Benz I bought needing $3K in body (rust, no accidents) work, 1976 dollars that is. When I was done restoring the Benz I was able to sell it for 10K in the classified section of Car & Driver magazine sometime in '78.

That Benz was a bonafide chick magnet too, cruising our local boulevard (Mamaroneck Ave. in White Plains) it was the young ladies checking me out. I'd cruise my Benz & my bro Tony would take out his Vette, we scored so often we stopped keeping track, was still the days of hippies & free love, worst of your worries was a dose of the clap, those were the daze.......

Last edited:

JohnnyATL

Veteran
I drive BMWs alot when Im at work, and to be honest i really dont like the way they drive. There to stiff and the interior really isnt that nice to be honest. Dont get me wrong, they are a nice car especially the newer 6 and 7 series with the new shifters and shit.

I would rather drive a Mercedes CLK 550 AMG, or a land rover. Both handle excellent. Also the new lexus models are really nice rides.

the bently gt is by far my favorite car hands down

southflorida

Veteran
i love the design of many auto's a lot more then BMW....for example the new Mercedes CL500 for example

but the most important thing for me in a car is the *dynamic driving* a car can provide, and all the autos I have driven....only BMW has this kind of feeling and sound from the engine when I press the gas pedal *to the floor*

so I will only drive BMW's for the rest of my life.....even if I don't understand the design for many of their models

in fact the only car from their new collection that I like is the 3 coupe....and especially the M3 version in the *white color*......for some reason it looks *jaw dropping* beautiful......eventhough white is not my favorite color

Last edited:

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
bmw is nice,,,but id still take my old 91 gutted civic si with GSR motor//tranny swap

>>>best memory wit that gurl was pullin up to a stoplight only to find my ex was in a corvette next to me with some faggy yuppie >> so wehn light popped green we both take off,,,and my 10k car just shit all over this yuppies 60k corvette

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

BMWs were awesome cars up until about 1991, then, in europe anyway, they seemed to take a bit of a downwards trend in quality. Dunno what they were like 2000-present but the 90s ones here weren't as good as their price tag.

I had a 1988 325i touring that was quite highly tuned up inc a 3.0 I6. One of the best cars I have ever owned. In fact the only big car i've had better was the Lotus Carlton (3.6 twin turbo) - google it - one of the best cars of ALL TIME

These days, for a daily driver, i'd pick Volkswagen over BMW all day, every day. For a sports car, Porsche>BMW. I do like my german metal but VW are better value for money on a daily driver and porsches are just better.

Me i've got a 1993 Range Rover Vogue SE 3.9V8. Top of the range luxury. Paid a couple of grand for it, nobody wants them in the UK anymore due to price of petrol. Converted mine to LPG which is half the price of petrol, gave it a mild tune on the engine, full new suspension & brakes.

Till you've driven a V8 rangie with a bit of extra power, and decent suspension, you haven't lived :p

Last edited:

JohnnyATL

Veteran
I cant remember if it was a Mercedes or a BMW but i drove one car that would turn with you when you turn or drive into a curve. Also the new air conditioned seats are amazing in the summer time, especially for a valet