What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who has the best afghani in seed form?

What does the OP mean by "the best Afghani"?

I have grown Sensi's Afghani #1 and you can tell it is a wild landrace; little smell when dried and looks brown when dried because the pistils are extra long and turn brown when dried and lie along the bud making it look brown.
A sort of tough rough looking plant, not refined like the dutch or American stains, sort of rough and hardy looking.

But a great relaxing no anxiety smoke.

D

Dr.Suess

I posted this in another thread recently, but it's worth posting here too I think:

Derg Corra currently has a pure affie from Helmand available. I have yet to try it, but very excited to have it in my collection.

That variety sounds like the one British Hempire was holdin....very similar background story, identical?, very purple buds.

RSC Mazar is probably the purest available currently?

neongreen

Veteran
That variety sounds like the one British Hempire was holdin....very similar background story, identical?, very purple buds.

As far as I know there's no connection between British Hempire and Derg Corra. Anything is possible though...

Slipnot

Who has the best Afghanistan well its simple they do :) many ways these days to by pass breeders :) and get a unmolested true cut

Not sure if i want to give my secrets away haha but i will give you a hint online dating sites befriend :) befriend and find the right one before you know it you just might get something in the mail.

Like Seeds

Raho

Veteran
What does the OP mean by "the best Afghani"?

I have grown Sensi's Afghani #1 and you can tell it is a wild landrace; little smell when dried and looks brown when dried because the pistils are extra long and turn brown when dried and lie along the bud making it look brown.
A sort of tough rough looking plant, not refined like the dutch or American stains, sort of rough and hardy looking.

But a great relaxing no anxiety smoke.

Afghani #1 a "wild landrace"? :laughing:
That line has been inbred for 40 years. 30+ of them by the Dutch.

Raho

Veteran

RSC Mazar is probably the purest available currently?

The DCC Helmand is legit. One of the more accurate stories behind a line of that type around. Not inflated with nonsense like "pre-soviet" or other marketing lies.
It's a recent soldier bring-back straight from Afghanistan, without sexy stories to increase sales. Repro'ed with multiple males and females, not worked with 1:1 breeding.

RSC is also well known for giving accurate descriptions of their lines and not exaggerating with marketing BS to increase sales.
Preservationists for the win!

I would probably help sell more seeds if they said that:
Seeded buds were grabbed from a small well tended plot discovered by special ops soldiers taking cover when they came under fire on approach to assault a mountainside Taliban stronghold.
Later at base during the after action report, their commander asked them "What is that horrible stink?"
The team leader covered for them and said "Ortega dove into a ditch filled with shit from those little mountain horses they ride. We told him he smells the same to us."
So we called the line Ortega's Afghan Horse

Last edited:

highsteppa

Veteran
Haha, thanks for the laugh^^^

Those Helmand have caught my eye as well, may have to grab them and some others there...

I ran jalalnad star last season and they were legit, though intermediate between narrowleaf and wide leaf with a buzz to match. Have some old stock Mazar i sharif, (not the skunk x or the freebies) that other growers say are ill , up for next pop. Hope they germinate.

Spongerob

Has anyone here grown GG1 from House of the Great Gardener? It is supposed to be pure Afghani. Seems decent from the description.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What does that GG actually mean?

There are a few Gorillas that carry that moniker.

Think G.Gold &/or G.Glue & sisters of each line...

Latest posts

Latest posts