What's new

Who has a real Skunk #1?

S*#t...Of the 3 strains I was going to use in my next grow The Pure was the one I was most looking forward to.The sweet sativa leaning plants I smoked 12 years ago,not an afghan dom couchlock type plant!:(I'd read so many good things about the "old" TFD Pure,this is the first I've heard about it being changed,so dissapointed.
I'm thinking I might save these to grow outdoors next year and find something else to go indoors with with my SensiStar and Kali Dream

Horror, I bought Sensi ShivaSkunk from gypsy nirvana about 4-5 weeks ago!

They looked really old in the pack and my suspicions were confirmed....Not a single plant to speak of and there is nothing wrong with my germ technique. Zero from 10 seeds

Not happy with that at all......P.s the freebies are looking like all duds too

Just great... Shiva Skunk was another strain on my Top 3 to Get list. Maybe I'm better off just hoping to get some seeded Mexican Skunk #1 and growing the bagseeds out...

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Sniffs - I am the one who said Euphoria was a waste of time. It has no Skunk smell and the high was ok at best. I grew it along side others and she was frosty and healthy but just not a winner. I will ask how can a plant have botha fresh fruit and RKS/Skunk though? Mine was sweet and pretty but nothing like what people would be looking for here.

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Horror, I bought Sensi ShivaSkunk from gypsy nirvana about 4-5 weeks ago!

They looked really old in the pack and my suspicions were confirmed....Not a single plant to speak of and there is nothing wrong with my germ technique. Zero from 10 seeds

Not happy with that at all......P.s the freebies are looking like all duds too

Well i bought a pack of sensi's shiva skunk from SB bout 6mnths ago and got 10/10 germ rate so dont blame GN i think sensi have had problems with germing seeds ive ups and downs superskunk 10/10 shivaskunk10/10 northern lights 3/10
jackherer10/10 g-13/hashplant0/15 blackdomina5/10 doesnt realy bother me it did it at first but hey im lucky enough to get any in the first place...

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
HB, Mr Nice the strain is g-13 x HP (seedline, not 1:1. Orig f1's from Nev) produced by Sensi. I haven't smoked/grown her, but I would expect that to be a very indica plant. Mr Nice the seed bank is Shantibaba and Nevil and Howard Marks. Howard is MrNice, and Sensi named the strain for him.

The g/sk is 75% sk #1 on paper, and IMHO, was a 'Sk #1' while growing. Hyper sweet, indescribable sweet. Big loose buds on tall, light colored, branchy plants. Very impressive sativa dom finished buds. Not ALL Sativa, but smokes like SSH with no haze taste. Again, the g13 cutting x Sk #1 in the early 90's, then those seeds x Sk #1 done for the G/Sk seeds. I had 3 of 11 plants girls, and ALL of the plants were very sativa dom. I bought them looking for a head knocking indica, and I got an eyebrow sweating, happily confused rush... I have a few pics here.
http://icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=97803

I'm running out the f2's now. My boy P did a KILLER job with this one.
MrN G/Sk (g13/sk x sk) by PERIPHERY
http://icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=111005
picture.php

His 2 in that thread are very similar to the 2 in my thread. Deffo recommended for a Sk. :D

I'd happily buy the seeds, if I could see them before, to make sure they are fully developed. But there is no way I'm wasting my money risking getting green immature seeds.

John c

benji im not blaming gypos, the seeds are packed by sensi I know.

I would like to order again but now Im worried about poor germ rates

Oh well see how the NL and Sk #1 from seedsman go if they make it through the post

Good luck horror

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
benji im not blaming gypos, the seeds are packed by sensi I know.

I would like to order again but now Im worried about poor germ rates

Oh well see how the NL and Sk #1 from seedsman go if they make it through the post

Good luck horror

No probs i assumed u were blaming GN because u said the freebies look like duds 2 did they germ...?

whodair

Veteran
I'll be interested in seeing how your Seedsman Skunk #1's turn out. I know somebody's gotta have the pure, original, Skunk #1.

im running seedsman sk1 right now, going in flower after A quick veg. 5/10 germ, however, if u scuff/soak/coax there may be a few more viable. ive bought seedsman b4, NL, and found them comparable (same) as sensi quality. my purch was from dope-seeds dot comm, exc service and price (cheap!) too soon to give any other report xcept germs on these.

Well glad to hear they at least germinated, lol. Beautiful plant Elevator Man. I've never seen a Skunk #1 purple up like that though... Did you have cooler temps?

To me, hidingtrees example from 05-06 stock looks amazing and just like the original. If I knew for sure that's what I'd get in a pack of recent stock, I'd definitely go with Sensi, but I still don't know...

I never thought I'd say anything positive about GHS, but their Lemon Skunk looks like it definitely has the real Skunk #1 in it. I just am not really looking for a lemony plant, I want the original sweet Skunk, that smells like overripe, rotten, or dried fruit, and tastes just as amazing.

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here is Nev's Seedbank Skunk1 at 5weeks bloom,but only a cut I'm afraid so no help finding seeds to purchase but Sensi's was the same in early 90's but I don't know how they are now....... JBo :joint::abduct:

Attachments

• 5week sk cropd.jpg
    5week sk cropd.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 12

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
I never thought I'd say anything positive about GHS, but their Lemon Skunk looks like it definitely has the real Skunk #1 in it. I just am not really looking for a lemony plant, I want the original sweet Skunk, that smells like overripe, rotten, or dried fruit, and tastes just as amazing.

so far that's what our Pure's seem to be growing up to be. Smelly, skunky, rotten, yuuuumy. Do these not look like SK#1 to you? These are at day 25 or so in flower.

picture.php

picture.php

U

ureapwhatusow

As mentioned, The Cheese is skunk #1. Homegrown Fantaseeds just won second place as the top seed company for this strain @ the Cannabis Cup. I have been growing it and I love it. Incredible smell and taste. Makes dynamite crosses. Just FYI.....

i was gifted some HGFS stock

Origonal misty

Skunk #1

Cheese

Amazing Haze

i popped original misty and the cheese

all threee cheese are identical and smell and look terrific, the misty is happenin too a number of long time growers suggested i pop it being that its good

leaves me to reason the skunk #1 is a fair representative

anyone grow HGFS skunk#1

skunk weed

skunk weed

Hello there all. I have read that Sam the Skunkman had troubles with the Roadkill pheno as indoor growers were getting busted in part because of the reeking dank skunk buds smell going through cement walls and the like. Skunk weed is a timeless strain that will always be up there at the top of my list for killer cannabis sensimilla. Rock on and good luck in your search. Regards.

F

FooMafia

I was supposed to buy a pack of Sensi Super Skunk but i accidently bought Skunk#1 instead. I heard cheese originated from skunk#1. I'm gonna try breed skunk#1 and find it.

C

Cinderella99

That's a no-brainer question: It's "the pure" from TFD (Sam's).

Crush

I was supposed to buy a pack of Sensi Super Skunk but i accidently bought Skunk#1 instead. I heard cheese originated from skunk#1. I'm gonna try breed skunk#1 and find it.

That's a good idea.

The lineage for skunk is supposed to be very historic and the yield is also supposed to be great.

Also here's a review of Skunk #1:

http://laist.com/2007/09/30/weed_review_sku.php

"The high hits you nice and fast and can be compared to wearing a beanie thats too small for your head."

Here's what I read off another site:

Skunk # 1 is a classic strain , originally bred in Holland, it’s the first sinsemilla marijuana variety. Skunk #1 was also the first stabilized hybrid that was developed for indoor cultivation. It dates back to the 1970s California Bay area. Skunk #1 has a parentage of Afghani, Mexican gold and Colombian gold. Originally brought to Europe in the early 1980s, Skunk #1 plays a heavy role in the history of any of the modern indoor strain.

Skunk #1 is known for its strong potent high and both a skunky and a sweet taste. Skunk #1 is a resilient plant that can take plenty of abuse and can produce high yields both indoors and in a greenhouse.

Originally an indica/sativa hybrid, Skunk#1 is one of the most true breeding strains in the world. Skunk#1 can produce huge, sticky buds with a very high calyx-to-leaf ratio. Lots of trichomes on this plant. Watch your odor control with this one!

Latest posts

Latest posts