What's new

Who has a real Skunk #1?

I love Skunk #1. Sure, there are more fragrant, flavorful, and potent strains, and I love them too, but Skunk #1 is very nice. I love the smell, taste, and high of it. I like how in crosses, it usually lends its bud structure, and you can always taste a hint of Skunk #1 in certain crosses.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not over hyping the strain, or claiming it to be my all time favorite weed, but it's an all time classic.

I know Sam the Skunkman has the original, but unfortunately Cultivator's Choice does not sell them at the moment.

For a long time, I was comfortable with the fact that when I decide to order Skunk #1, I could simply go to The Flying Dutchman, and get The Pure. It evidently was "the real deal". But recently, in grow reports, what they have been selling as The Pure, has not grown into the classic Skunk #1 that I know and love. Skunk #1 is a stable, in bred line, and what is being grown turns out many different phenotypes that don't resemble Skunk #1.

I was left discouraged...

I knew Mr. Nice's Shit is Skunk #1, but it hasn't been available for quite some time. I'm also under the impression that Nirvana uses some Purple Male plant as the father to their strains. So that puts them out of the question, as I want the pure Skunk #1.

So, are there any seed banks that are offering Skunk #1 that I'm just not aware of? Is it called something else? I also wouldn't mind Super Skunk, as long as a real Skunk #1 was used.

Peace,
:rasta:

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
I do :D

cant say from what seed bank it comes from it was gifted to me by a good friend.... they said it goes by the name of THE PURE if that helps ?

Attachments

• skunk#1 clone 1.JPG
    skunk#1 clone 1.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 10
  • skunk#1 clone 2.JPG
    skunk#1 clone 2.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 12
For those who have grown Sensi's Skunk #1, is it real? And nice plants shroomy. I saw a thread for HTC's Skunk IBL and it looks real and amazing, but again, unfortunately it's not available.

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
For those who have grown Sensi's Skunk #1, is it real? And nice plants shroomy. I saw a thread for HTC's Skunk IBL and it looks real and amazing, but again, unfortunately it's not available.

thanx bro a couple of my mates on an aussie forum have grown out a few diff skunk#1's ill get you the link and you can see what they had to say :D

love?

I think I remember reading here on Icmag that Seedsman's Original Skunk #1 is the real deal sweet skunk that TFD sold (apparently up until very recently) as "The Pure".

And High Times says that Dutch Passion's Euforia is the roadkill skunk... who knows?

Haven't tried either personally but I wanna try 'em both for sure. Pretty cheap beans too.

Thanks guys for all the help so far. I'd spread some rep, but I've spread too much in the last 24 hours it says, lol.

I'm not interested in growing Road Kill Skunk. I'm convinced that it's not sold under the name Skunk. I've had many bagseeds, and many new hybrids that are Road Kill Skunk. Sure, I like the smell, but I can understand why Sam bred that trait out of Skunk #1 if it was ever there to begin with.

I checked out Sensi's Skunk #1, and the picture looks real, but it's just a picture. I'd like to hear from someone who's grown it.

I'll check out Seedman's skunk now..

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran

:yeahthats Hey horror brother monk just sent in some HTC Skunk IBL for the 420 auction along with some PTK dont sleep on em they should be up soon...

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I got some great plants from Seedsman - sadly most of my gallery pics are deleted, but they were large, high-yield plants. However, they were definitely not stable in terms of flower-time - 3 plants ranged from 9 to 13 weeks.

A friend has just grown some of 'The Pure', and they were pure shit - small, Afghani-looking plants, with small buds and a dull, lifeless smell. Don't know what's going on there, but he turned down some hybrid seeds I'd made from my skunks in preference for these FD ones - he's kicking himself now...:)

I'll definitely check out the SB auction for those HTC Skunk IBLs, I'm just dreading what the price will be, lol.

So far, Sensi Seeds is looking pretty good. I'm also interested in their Sensi Skunk and Shiva Skunk.

Last edited by a moderator:
It sucks that so much faith has been lost in The Flying Dutchman, but shit happens I guess. I just want to acquire these genes before it's too late.

lol, We're all concerned about preserving Landraces, but with the Seed Industry all involved in Feminized Seeds, and the Kush lines, who knows, in the future we may be trying to preserve the great originals like Skunk #1.

Last edited by a moderator:

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ive got the super skunk from sensi be ready soon and ive also grown out their shivaskunk which i definatly recommend heres some pics..
this pheno was rock hard and smelt like fruit with a nice sweet taste indica dom...

And this pheno was fluffy and smelt like pineapples a pungent taste and more sativa dom..

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Whatever you do dont buy FD's Euphoria!!! Total waste of time and most of my plants had no smell at all. Completely non descript boring low potency weed.

Nordle

try 1 of the cheese crosses like big buddah's,

i used to get sk #1 in the late 80's and first thing i noticed about the BBC was that sweet creamy smell i remembered from way back then.

just another way of gettin what you want. hope it helps

MickTheBrag

iv'e grown the skunk#1 from sensiseeds.com and its the sweetest budd iv'e grown to date.
sweeter than northern lights but not as strong.
if its taste then sensiseed skunk#1 is the one. a good all round smoke not a devastater.
devo the one if you like a tasty smoke. peace mick

cannanaut

If you want Skunk#1 go with TFD's The Pure!!! The Pure is real shit originally made by Sam the Skunkman!

thekingofNY

Cannasseur
Im curious have you tried MSS (Mass super skunk) or do you have access to it?

It might not be what your looking for, but for a skunk its my all time favorite. It leads its bud structure to other plants its crossed with, FFA comes to mind here. And the taste and smell and flavor is all amazing, plus a terrific high to go with it.

W

Weedman Herb

The MSS is more earthy/hash like than skunky IMHO ... but my sense of taste and smell is waning (hereditary, gramps lost his taste and smell completely by the age 50 ... I'm 41) and that may just be my findings.

Latest posts

Latest posts