What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who grows Glue better than you

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
WDI, hoping you or someone else here may have an idea on what some little creatures I found in my soil might be. I posted the same question in my thread, but no takers so far.

I was flushing the plant in my tent and I noticed that when I'd top the pot off, as the water was soaking into the soil there were a bunch of these little white things on the surface of the water. They were very small, I'd guess 1/4 mm or so and looked almost like small cigar shaped bug eggs. At first I didn't pay any attention, then I noticed they were propelling themselves across the surface of the water and I realized they were alive. I've got no idea what they are and was hoping you or someone else may have an idea.

You're good bugs get there yet? I'm really curious to see how they work for you. I thought I had them under control, but saw a few the other day in the veg room. They don't look like 2 spots, but they are definitely some form of spider mites. All the ones I've seen have all been a solid color, can't tell if they're black or a really dark green.

So far I've been able to keep them out of the tent and my back up veg room. The clones I took 8-10 days ago and the seedlings I started seem to be clean. I'm hoping to shut down my main veg room in 2-3 weeks and I'm going to clean it out and bomb. If everything looks good I should have it back up and running by mid to late May or so.

Sorry I only just now saw this Snakeman. I got my beneficials in today so I carefully applied them all over the plants. Even though I saw mites in my canopy I never saw it get out of hand too bad. I also did water in emulsified neem oil to hopefully get some systemic azaderachtin in the plants along with top dressing neem seed meal and I was spraying the plants down every 3 or 4 days with regular water. I never saw any mite damage except for on maybe one plant, definitely no webbing anywhere so that's good. I'm hoping that between all that and the addition of the beneficials that there shouldn't be any problems.

My headbangers are starting to come into their own now and I'm getting excited. They are getting some sour and citrus notes going on with a little fuel hiding out in there. One in particular though is encompassing all the smells that I was looking for with a lemony sour fuel thing going on that I'm really digging. My LeeroyTKs are doing alright but I'm just naturally being drawn to the Bangers. Can't wait :yes:

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
i dont find springtails are a pest in well maintained organics. they might munch a root or fan here and there , but Ive never seen them do a borg and waylay a garden in less than a week. as long as you have humus in balance, they will have more than enough food they prefer, as opposed to the salad bar at their disposal

Regarding soil pest critters you could always do an emulsified neem oil drench and that would probably take care of them. Maybe two of those back to back after the soil dries out? Also, maybe look into if either Bt, Bti or spinosad will take care of those suckers. :yes:

snakemanOG

Regarding soil pest critters you could always do an emulsified neem oil drench and that would probably take care of them. Maybe two of those back to back after the soil dries out? Also, maybe look into if either Bt, Bti or spinosad will take care of those suckers. :yes:

Thanks for the info and suggestion. The one I saw them on will be finished in about 2 weeks, so I'll ride em out for now, but know what to do in the future.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Today is Day 65 for the LeeRoyTKs and the Headbangers. I very much need to start making a male isolation chamber... After applying the beneficial mites I haven't noticed any spots on fan leaves or webbing on anything. I never did see any webbing whatsoever or much damage to fan leaves though so I guess I got it in time? Either way they seem to be doing what they need to do. One of the Headbangers got light/heat stressed and started throwing some nanners and male flowers. I've been letting it ride it out and waiting for the soil to dry out before chopping it earlier than the others. I'd let the bangers ride it out for at least 10 weeks but I'm getting pressed for space in the veg area.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
To be continued... I need to get caught up, woof.

1/9/16
picture.php

1/9/16
picture.php

1/14/16 - LeeRoyTK branch in a glass of water
picture.php

1/15/16 - LeeRoyTK pollen from the branches
picture.php

1/19/16
picture.php

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
1/22/16 - Headbanger clone

picture.php

1/27/17 - Left to right, GG4-Gluebreath-OGKB 2.0

picture.php

1/27/16

picture.php

2/11/16 - LeeRoyTK

picture.php

2/11/16 - Headbanger

picture.php

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
2/15/16 - LeeRoyTK Cheater nug

picture.php

2/18/16 - Headbanger that I think got light stressed and started throwing balls & nanners. I didn't worry about as none of them seemed to do anything. I didn't get seeds in anything.

picture.php

2/18/16 - If anybody remembers my older threads and how much of a time I had learning and getting successful cloning ratios...

picture.php

2/18/16 - Breat bag tech, GG4 getting pollinated with that tiny bit of LeeRoyTK pollen I had.

picture.php

2/19/16 - Different Headbanger pheno

picture.php

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
2/22/16 - Last run with the #8 of the Lemon Diesel x Apollo11G F4 Bodhi testers

picture.php

2/22/16 - Glue

picture.php

2/22/16 - 2.0

picture.php

2/29/16 - First try at a no till

picture.php

picture.php

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
3/16/16 - Trying to step up the mulch game

picture.php

3/16/16 - The male from the Loompa's Headband x Wookie Bodhi testers

picture.php

3/17/16 - GG#4

picture.php

3/24/16 - LHB x Wookie

picture.php

3/24/16 - LHB x Wookie

picture.php

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
3/24/16 - LHB x Wookie

picture.php

3/24/16 - LD x A11 testers pheno #7 on top and #8 on the bottom, last run for both

picture.php

3/31/16 - Gluebreath

picture.php

3/31/16 - 2.0

picture.php

3/31/16 - Gluebreath & 2.0 cheater nugs

picture.php

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
4/13/16 - LD x A11G #8 tester

picture.php

4/13/16 - Left to right, 2.0, gluebreath, gg4

picture.php

4/13/16 - 2.0 & GG4

picture.php

4/25/16 - Daywrecker

picture.php

4/25/16 - LHB x Wookie

picture.php

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
4/25/16 - Daywrecker

picture.php

4/25/16 - LHB x Wookie accidental F2s. Isolation chamber ended up having a fucky intake but I'll fix that next round

picture.php

4/24/16 - Finally got the little greenhouse going again and getting geared up for another attempt at outdoor. Still trying to get my special one ready for the full season pallet planter. I'm going to try light depping the greenhouse.

picture.php

In case you guys missed it too, I'm doing another outdoor specific thread this year. I want to take another crack at running in the 2016 outdoor contest. Who Dat's on time: Hurry Up & Wait 2016 Summer Outdoor Link ----> https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=326208

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dang WDI, big update! Keeping busy and running a lot of cultivars over there in the crawl!