What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who grows Glue better than you

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've seen anywhere from 5-10 % solutions, what would you recommend?

i dunno, i just pour some bleach in, i guess at least a couple/few ounces per gallon...
if you are just spraying walls, floor ceiling, perhaps some equipment like hoods/tents you are safe.... i nver hit plants with bleach.

I'm more concerned with the floor as it could definitely be cleaner.

broom, mop, bleach...

i'd sweep, spray, mop/wipe a couple / few times before moving plants in, get all nooks and crannies, then when the plants are in treat them AS IF they have mites, just do your entire IPM regime....
always act as if....

also, if you are spraying iso (especially undilluted, but really anytime) becareful not to inhale vapors.... use protection :good:

Last edited:

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I ended up using a solution of H2O2 and essential oils (rosemary and cinnamon) and sprayed everything down after sweeping and mopped with that same solution. I pulled up the really dirty white poly and replaced it with a fresh layer. I sprayed everything up until I had to leave for the holidays and then they were just chilling for almost two weeks before they were getting any love again. 7 gallon containers for the win. I topped every terminal shoot to make sure that they didn't stretch too much and that worked as nothing hit the ceiling. They did all bush out to varying degrees so I still have to add some stakes and spread them out. One of the "confirmed" females ended up being a male after all. It didn't have time to drop any pollen so I culled it as soon as I noticed it and kept two of the biggest branches to put in a glass of water and see if I can't get a little bit of pollen to make some F2s (LeeRoyTK).

Aside from that everything in the veg area was kept alive by a plant sitter but they were certainly pissed. The room gets very cold at times so growth was all but at a standstill for most of the time I was gone. I remedied that today though and the temps should stay in a way happier range now. I think I might finally be flowering out the Gluebreath, 2.0, GG4, and the old Bodhi testers again finally here in another week or two.

The new round of Bodhi testers, Loompas Headband x Wookie were plagued with poor germination rates (environmental issues) and seem to be more finicky in that they are heavier feeders and were getting pissed between me being gone and the very cold temps. The cold temps were causing root issues with one or two of the testers and also the bigger girls in the gallon containers but after a couple of waterings using OG Biowar Root Pack and Actinovate they are turning right around and looking better. Everybody is super stoked after getting the temp situation remedied. My Glue Algebras (GG4 x A11G f4) are looking about the same as the Bodhi testers but aren't as finicky.

No signs of spider mites again either *literally knocking on wood* but I keep spraying Neem on the ones vegging and I'll hit the flowering ones one last time as they aren't even 3 weeks into flowering. Not ideal, but neither are spider mites. They'll be fine by the end of flowering. :yes:

Sorry for the novel.

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
If I'm not mistaken, I believe neem stays active in the plant around 4 weeks, so if its built up strong, it should cover most of flower...

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yhea, i spray neem in veg only, try to get real good coverage an that usually ensures i don't have to spray thru flowering.
my 2cents, glad ur keepin it clean WDI

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
While down there last night taking care of staking them up and spreading them out I noticed that the pots were teeming with little white soil mites. I didn't scope them or anything but I thought it was a safe assumption it was some Hypoaspis Miles. Are they big enough to battle any spider mites that might try to crawl up the pots and across the soil surface? I would hope it's the mite gauntlet. Foliage is pretty damn thick on the Headbangers especially and I need to try to take some clones and hack the rest of the larf and sucker branches off.

The veg area is so much warmer like I mentioned. There is noticeable growth in just a day. It's like their switch was flipped and they went from surviving to thriving. Really happy to see that change.

Last edited:

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
12/1/15

picture.php

12/15/15

picture.php

12/11/15

picture.php

1/3/16

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

snakemanOG

How are things going with the spider mites? I'm dealing with them here in my veg room. Got some SaferGro Pest Out and some AzaMax and have gone one round with the SaferGro. Did you get some predator mites, or did they pop up naturally? I went back to try to get up to speed, but wasn't sure how the Hypoalisis(sp?) Miles came into play.

Everything I had in there was fairly tall and branchy, so I decided tomorrow I'm going to take four clones from each of the three strains I have going in there tomorrow and trash the leftovers. I'm going to dunk each clone in the SaferGro mixed solution also for a second round and treat them again next week with the AzaMax. Hopefully they root and the combination of treatments will clear them up. Plan on setting my clone dome up in another room to root them and then treat the veg room for a month before doing anything new in there.

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
Hypoaspis mites tend to stay near the soil... since they dont get up into the canopy, they're not very effective against spider mites...

Stethorus punctillum are about 1/4 the size of ladybugs and love em...

For best results, combine them with Amblyseius fallacis and also Phytoseiulus persimilis

The combination of the 3 should rapidly get your spider mites in check... the links are just my preferred place I've been using for quite some time, but I will note that whenever possible, you should get them on bean leaves as opposed to in corn grit.
Predators are raised with the prey they are intended to eat.. when they are separated into corn grit it is a pain to spread, especially in flower.
Another benefit is that on the bean leaves you'll get all stages of life including eggs, so the predators get established a little more rapidly...
It sounds like you live in an area where permanent removal will be next to impossible without sealed rooms and filtered intakes, but my third note is that complete eradication is not guaranteed rapidly... the small random spots will still damage a leaf here or there... usually for a while... if all goes well, the predators will eat all the pests and either cannibalize each other or wander off in search of food...

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
If I'm not mistaken, I believe neem stays active in the plant around 4 weeks, so if its built up strong, it should cover most of flower...

It stays in the system for 4 weeks if absorbed via the roots, 2 weeks if sprayed on.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
How are things going with the spider mites? I'm dealing with them here in my veg room. Got some SaferGro Pest Out and some AzaMax and have gone one round with the SaferGro. Did you get some predator mites, or did they pop up naturally? I went back to try to get up to speed, but wasn't sure how the Hypoalisis(sp?) Miles came into play.

The soil mites just showed up naturally, I'm sure in the potting soil I used last. I haven't seen any spider mites on this round in the flowering area *knock on wood* and they were never spotted in the separate veg area but I still started an IPM program of just spraying neem at least once a week. After I saw the spider mites on the last cycle I shut down for awhile and only had things in veg for awhile. I was so busy with taking down the outdoor plants that I wasn't worried about indoor at all so it sat unused for 2.5 months if I remember right.

Everything I had in there was fairly tall and branchy, so I decided tomorrow I'm going to take four clones from each of the three strains I have going in there tomorrow and trash the leftovers. I'm going to dunk each clone in the SaferGro mixed solution also for a second round and treat them again next week with the AzaMax. Hopefully they root and the combination of treatments will clear them up. Plan on setting my clone dome up in another room to root them and then treat the veg room for a month before doing anything new in there.

Hypoaspis mites tend to stay near the soil... since they dont get up into the canopy, they're not very effective against spider mites...

Stethorus punctillum are about 1/4 the size of ladybugs and love em...

For best results, combine them with Amblyseius fallacis and also Phytoseiulus persimilis

The combination of the 3 should rapidly get your spider mites in check... the links are just my preferred place I've been using for quite some time, but I will note that whenever possible, you should get them on bean leaves as opposed to in corn grit.
Predators are raised with the prey they are intended to eat.. when they are separated into corn grit it is a pain to spread, especially in flower.
Another benefit is that on the bean leaves you'll get all stages of life including eggs, so the predators get established a little more rapidly...
It sounds like you live in an area where permanent removal will be next to impossible without sealed rooms and filtered intakes, but my third note is that complete eradication is not guaranteed rapidly... the small random spots will still damage a leaf here or there... usually for a while... if all goes well, the predators will eat all the pests and either cannibalize each other or wander off in search of food...
Thanks for the knowledge drop :yes:

this one looks like a male to me: View Image
LeeRoyTk F2s my dude :yes:

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
that's what i'm talking about.... gotta love the RD f2's
:joint:

Haha, I was going to say I don't think that they're dropping any pollen yet but just gave it a slight flick and *poof*. Shits gonna happen y'all. I've been at this off and on since 2007 and this will be my first seed making attempt. Thanks for all the help and input guys, a couple of you in particular. You know who you are :yes:

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Soooooo I was checking the girls last night and I spot mites all over at least two of the headbangers. They are around 4 weeks into flower now so spraying them with anything other than water is out the window. I couldn't get a really good eye on them but honestly, what other type of mite would be crawling around on the canopy? I'll positively identify them tonight to be sure. I was reading on the evergreen site that they don't ship until Thursday of every week? Is that right Sea? I'm hoping to get that handled and ordered but what is the best way to keep them in check until then assuming it's spider mites?

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
certain insects like rove beetles do ship on wednesdays, others will come immediately...
it depends on if they have what you want on hand immediately...

Ive seen someone bring the CO2 to 10,000 ppm for 15 minutes... same timeframe as spraying... 3 treatments 3 days apart... but that shit was enough where it would kill you and had to be well vented before even going near it...

smash em by hand every three days? try to get all the leaves, but you wont... what you will do is slow em the fuck down...
big pain in the ass though and in some cases just impossible....

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I'm not sure what the temperature range that the bugs can stand. With this being winter time maybe you could shock the bugs with cold air. I'm just taking a guess as I've never tried this, I know low temps can affect your plants too.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I was hoping to get them in check with the predator bugs as I don't want to throw in the towel. I was getting set up for a perpetual deal too soooo fuck. Spray the plants with water?

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
shoot im just getting over my borg , i sprayed azo on everything last night after spotting a small, renegade tribe in the flower room - 4-6 weeks to go on my cycle i really hope this is my final spray.... one spray wont kill everything , but you do some neem or organicide or azo, those are "organic" 3 days a part should get you through if you wanna go a week longer like c4 said they ARE gonna slow you down some