What's new

Who bred Original White Widow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FumanChuuuuu

"black widow" seeds, is not the exact result of "White widow" seeds of green house, of period shantibaba breeder.

Don't be 100% same parents. A little more sativa, more stability, etc.

Curiously, old picture catalog of "White widow", is in "shark shock" web descryption ...

Excuse me, for my bad english.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
According to GH the Widow was bred by Ingemar...

"1. Waterboy claims to have invented white widow. How does he dare?
Ingemar invented WW already in 1987 long before he was living in Holland.
It was called Arnhem’s Wonder and already won the first HL cup in 1989."

:D :D :D

uraverage

:deadhorse

Its all a crap shoot....
Its not like we are getting cuts or pollen.
All you can do is hope for the best when we pop our seeds.
IMO it doesnt make since to buy female seeds.(its that whole teach a man how to fish thing.....)

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This thread is an echo.. of about 7 or 9 similar threads on this forum alone.

Admin. Please make one of the said threads a sticky so every can read / judge / debate exactly who is/was the original breeder of White Widow. forever in context, and banish any other threads asking the same question!! (..after pointing them to the sticky above) :D

In the long run it will save on contention ,, if not the bandwidth :dance:

To reiterate again and again and again (yawn), the Original White Widow was a bland smoke and tasted sour .. yuk! Whereas ' White Butterfly ' was much better, as are the subsequent hybrids (el nino, white rhino, ww x free tibet) which normally grow out a really nice smoke :yes: :joint:

Hope this helps :D

p.s @shantibaba : who bred the White Butterfly before White Widow? please

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hola Doc,
Not the same...this time...;)
Ah! please,keep it civil folks! :)

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Interview with Ingmar from German magazine GROW

Interview with Ingmar from German magazine GROW

Source, http://www.cannabiscafe.net/foros/showthread.php/188108-Criadores-de-cannabis?p=2440908#post2440908

The Father of White Widow
Interview with Ingmar. .. of cannabis German magazine GROW
GROW .- Hello, Ingemar!. You are known as' The Father of White Widow?. Do you you look like that?
Ingemar - Yes, we could speak. I grew a plant that became known under that name.
G. - The name is also yours?
I. - Yes, comes the spider ...
G. - Y? White?, (white) because glass is full ?
I. - exactly, was the first of the call? White Family, which was followed by others such as the Great White Shark (White Shark)
G. - And what's so special about the White Widow, what is your lineage?
I. - Well, of course, that's secret. I can tell so far: it is the result of two lines that were developed and stabilized for six years, before crossing between them.
G. - And those lines, what seeds come from?. Were they friends or collected traveling?
I. - The seeds came from a charas ( cannabis resin collected by hand )
G. - How did you do exactly?
I. - By then, the cultivation of cannabis was not a cause of major problems in the Netherlands. Were allowed to grow big to seed production. I could cultivate fields where thousands of plants, so I could select the best.
G. - What are the characteristics you look for in a plant?. What are your criteria?
I. - That really is also a secret. But I will say this: Working with cannabis because, for many people, is medicinal. This is how I see it. That means I've been working with patients.I have well over fifteen years. I give (gifts) medicine and they tell me how they have fared the different varieties that I tested. The results were instantaneous. So, in addition to selecting for its vigor, resistance to fungus and performance, I also go by their medicinal value.
G. - How long have you been growing cannabis?
I. - Since 1980, he was twenty when I got my first seeds. Since then, I have not stopped. Daily work with the plant, up to eight or nine hours. During that time I have come to find out what you need the cannabis plant to feel comfortable and thrive. That's how I come to realize that it takes six years to stabilize a variety of seed.
G. - grown primarily outdoors, is not it?
I. - Yes, I've been doing for years, plants you see outside are spontaneous, born of the seed that fell last fall. Have been growing since February.
G. - Even through the most time and frost?
I. - Yes, those are some of the toughest plants you can find, they have adapted well to our climate that will not stop or even evil time.
G. - This sounds interesting, especially for our friends in Switzerland ... Where can you get these seeds?
I. - not yet available, sorry. But when they are, will only be through? De Sjamaan?. There you can buy another one of my varieties (Purple Widow), early flowering and good results outdoors. I am currently working on his taste.
G. - How do you do exactly?. ¿Plant a lemon tree next to the boiler to stick to the aroma and flavor?
I. - It may sound stupid, but you could do it that way. I have developed a different way.
G. - That is ...
I. - When you use a compost-based fertilizer for mango, the cannabis plant can absorb the flavor.
G. - And when you use a different fertilizer, can you lose that flavor?.
I. - Yes, and that's why I do not care what both indoor growing where the plant loses its own characteristics.
G. - But, inside you can keep your garden all year. How do you keep your genetic winter?
I. - I have greenhouses for my mother plants.
G. - Have you had, at this time, legal problems?
I. - Yes, I've had. I had to cancel our last appointment because I had a visit of Finance ... I've always been honest and transparent account of my cannabis cultivation ... and I had no problems in a while. Two years ago the police came and took my plants. The matter went to trial, and won, because he had always acted according to law. Local police assured me he would let me alone. But then came stays of officials with a contrary view, and returned for my plants and took them away. Police warned that individuals would report as being responsible for my losses, but I took it seriously. As it turned out I went free of charge (again) and now the police had a problem because I had acted according to law they do not.
G. - What you can grow here in Holland, when you know that many other crops are persecuted?
I. - Until 2002 seed production was legal. Since then, only scientific research is permitted, under this legal under cultivation, I think I must be the only one in Holland.
G. - Even indoors?
I. - No, only outdoors.
G. - And how many can grow? Did normal five, no?
I. - Yes, five per household, but I can cultivate as many as you want, can not do anything about it!. Remember that I have been fighting for 25 years against legislation making it illegal what I do, and, since last year, I got what I was looking for.
G. - But you are not allowed to sell grass, no?
I. - Ni grass or seeds. I do not get crop crop of buds or seeds, I do for science, the seeds are those that arise spontaneously collected and donated to De Sjamaan.
G. - Do I understand then, that all your varieties are from Sjamaan variations on the White Widow?
I. - Basically, yes. I took the original White Widow and selecting the crossing took years. This is how the two varieties steadied the form, but as I said, for that, six years are needed.
G. - What is the White Widow from Green House Seeds?. Is it the same?
I. - Yes it is .. Arjan gave my genetics and the name years ago and is the only one who has permission to use them.
G. - How is it that with how well he has done to you, you're not rich?
I. - No, not for the money, this is the plant and its medicinal uses, which I find more important than money. If it had been for the money, I doubt we would have won the trial.
G. - Well, not everyone thinks like you, have you heard that there are farmers who treat their plants with toxic chemicals, only for the benefits?.
I. - Well yes, I am writing a letter complaining that the Minister himself, has allowed for years that chemical weed is sold in coffee shops, which will lead to future health risks.
G. - What kind of products use?
I. - Depends on the situation, I heard that they spray cream for coffee, two days before harvesting, to give a whitish appearance, or hair spray, with the same intention.
G. - do people really do that?
I. - When it comes to pasta, do anything.
G. - Do you use pesticides or something?
I. - No, just let it grow. Nature itself takes care of everything, if you let it.
G. - But if you use fertilizers
I. - Yes, but only me I do.
G. - What is the THC content in your varieties?
I. - Better leave that issue, now is the government trying to ban marijuana powerful.
G. - Well, back then the White Widow, what, in your opinion, the reason for its popularity?
I. - The first of the white family, it produces so much resin fumársela scary. I had little to do with its popularity, all I did was give the product dry to a coffeeshop, which enrolled him in different cups and won.
G. - So was the grass?
I. - That I wondered, then White Shark came out and won a cup immediately. Signed the same herb under the name Peacemaker and also won a cup, so yes, the grass should be.​

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
"G. - And those lines, what seeds come from?. Were they friends or collected traveling?
I. - The seeds came from a charas ( cannabis resin collected by hand ) "

Wow- I've never seed seeded hash before...!

B

blazesck

G. - How do you do exactly?. ¿Plant a lemon tree next to the boiler to stick to the aroma and flavor?
I. - It may sound stupid, but you could do it that way. I have developed a different way.
G. - That is ...
I. - When you use a compost-based fertilizer for mango, the cannabis plant can absorb the flavor.

Yeah, I'm not so sure I wanna trust this guy

H

h^2 O

yeah it started off with greenhose. I've never grown Greenhouse genes but a friend did and it was pretty lanky, sativa-dominant looking with a not great yield, but the smoke was good. Wait I'm thinking of Dutch Passion.
I like Sensi to be honest. I've bought the regular cheapo stuff like skunk #1 and nl....wouldn't buy Mr. Nice or whatever they're selling for 250

in the german grow they write that he found only two seeds in this handrubed hasch and then he stabilized each seed six years befor he cross them !

:chin:

M

MummyCat

I'm curious to know if anyone thinks WW smells/tastes good. Anyone?I grew it and the plants smelled like bologna and tasted like dirt.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is like asking what came first the chicken or the egg, and regardless if I am going to buy it then it's going to come from Shanti in the form of his "Black Widow". I have grown out his stock before and let me tell you his "Shit" & "Shark Shock" were absolutely world class plants & herb. The Shit was actually too potent I could not even comfortably smoke it and talk about roadkill skunk lol you could smell it a block away. You are not going to get closer to the original than the original stock he took with him when he left GHS. Ingemar & Shanti BOTH were at GHS at one point so it could be summarized that Shanti, Ingemar, & GHS were responsible for the original "White Widow" of course after the original source the genetics came from to begin with before they brought it to the market. I do bet Shanti is very glad he did go his own way though and took that special lady with him. ;)

There are only a few true standouts in this industry that have stood the test of time and Shanti is one of them he has my total respect & admiration regardless of any shit slinging some other company has done recently to attempt to discredit him. You have to consider the source when you read stuff like that and realize there is very much a big financial agenda behind it. Much love & respect to Shanti :respect:

OjoRojo420

Feeling good is good enough.
Veteran
Very well said SOTF420,

I have interacted with Shanti in the past via email.

He offered me a 25% discount since I am MMJ patient.

Shanti does the talk and walk the walk when in comes to helping the Medical Cannabis community.

Compassion while having some of the best gifts Nature bestowed on us is where decent, honorable men separate from greedy boys!

Namaste Shanti, and may a river of Blessings flow your way!

Ojo

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
This is like asking what came first the chicken or the egg, and regardless if I am going to buy it then it's going to come from Shanti in the form of his "Black Widow". I have grown out his stock before and let me tell you his "Shit" & "Shark Shock" were absolutely world class plants & herb. The Shit was actually too potent I could not even comfortably smoke it and talk about roadkill skunk lol you could smell it a block away. You are not going to get closer to the original than the original stock he took with him when he left GHS. Ingemar & Shanti BOTH were at GHS at one point so it could be summarized that Shanti, Ingemar, & GHS were responsible for the original "White Widow" of course after the original source the genetics came from to begin with before they brought it to the market. I do bet Shanti is very glad he did go his own way though and took that special lady with him. ;)

There are only a few true standouts in this industry that have stood the test of time and Shanti is one of them he has my total respect & admiration regardless of any shit slinging some other company has done recently to attempt to discredit him. You have to consider the source when you read stuff like that and realize there is very much a big financial agenda behind it. Much love & respect to Shanti :respect:

That does it!
My Shit seeds will be germed ASAP!!!!!!!!!!:jump:

So far I have only grown out WW from GHS femmed color packs. She wasn't a heavy yield,
but did have a unique flavor that wasn't around my part of Texas. The high was great at first but after steady smoking I noticed a plateau. I have thought about getting Shanti's Black Widow to compare the two in the future. If I get anyone else's WW after Shantibabba's it will be Nirvana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts