What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who Are The Coconut Crew? #TCUK

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes,, i talked to Bill,, he's the dude on ebay,, i like his mix especially when he adds the ppm,, but some of his formulations don't contain the plant preservative mixture,,, he's stuff is good so are his videos,, that's where I started,, but he doesn't use uvc and he's not doing callus culture or exploring auxin : cytokinin ratios,,, i love his work but the second you finish his videos you quickly see the Indian videos rule YouTube

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm producing 3 types of medium and also a sub culture medium,,, his kit is really difficult to keep sterile too,,, maintenance of a sterile zone is what lead me to the glovebags,, but don't get me wrong,, Bill graham is where I first started and so did most people,, all credit to Bill,, just a shame he didn't move forward on the offer of a UK distributor,,, it's because he's doing it solo,, he literally can't keep up with the method he uses now,, which is why I looked for a reliable production line rather than making it myself at home

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh,, 1x gamborg and a real turning point was meta-Topolin,, the kinatin and zeatin debate is still ongoing,, please feel free to weigh in

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I saw potentially huge improvements on nearly everyone's protocol,, that's why I did this

The big difference that I'm focusing on is sub culture,, by this I mean storage of calus culture in semi stasis without somaclonal variation,, it fits into the bag and the bag can be used as a mobile genetics library with 1000 of colonial varieties and sub experiments,, it's a true micro garden,, and when most people won't tackle real tissue culture I propose people are able to learn and go to the next level quite easily,, this is my attempt at making that happen,, i just need to nail it properly

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I want the entire production to be hermetic and self contained,, lab grade,, easy to keep sterile,, fits in a bag,,, I've got fukin weed people to think about,, how can I make it high funk t ironing

I want the medium accessible and easy to get,,, i want it served on a fukin silver spoon for people who won't take it without, i want it to become the new new,, trend setting is happening as we speak

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
Bill Graham is cool, Iike how he made it a bit more accessible to home growers.
Personally I don't like to to rely on a kit. So I prefer to educate myself and start from scratch. But then I don't like to make things easy on myself.
His pots just go into an autoclave or pressure cooker so not too hard to sterilize but yeah can be a pita. Personally I find sterilizing the plants the real pita. Especially if you got loads of samples to do.
And yeah the foreign labs are great. And probably leading the field..

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bill is a really really nice guy,, i totally couldn't be at where I am now without his work,,, the only problem I have with his method and kit is that he doesn't update like using uvc,, or a bag,, it's impossible to keep his kit sterile without thinking outside the box

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeh,, totally agree,,, im litrally trying to bring all the kit onto one place and make it cheap and accessible,, like the type of agar I think is best,, or meta topolin,, i really want to see more people successful at this

I love the idea that my methods could be a global trend,,

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The uvc bag is a tool,, the andson tweezers are a tool,, the glovebags are tools,, im a big believer in tools for the job

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
One of the mediums is a one step regeneration system for rapid shoot proliferation and in vitro rooting of nodal explants using meta-topolin (mT),,, (natural cytokinin),,, no separate auxin required for rooting,, within 4 to 6 weeks

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeh,,, this is the task at hand,,, im building all the stock in one place and eventually the testers will be sent out all at once,,,then il post videos at the same time,,, then il post the website when testimonials are in,,, then it's all guns blazing,, im litrally so busy atm I'm just waiting for a couple of free days where I can sit down and figure out how I'm going to make this stuff really simple so everyone can do it,,,i need to start presenting it ASAP

Illuminate

Keyboard Warrior
Veteran
Fire to you bro we all cheering you on and wiishing you the best of luck. Great to see you moving forward!

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The bag idea is cool Rick. I think it's perfect for shipping & travelling with some initiated plants for long term storing but not so good for rooting. However it should pass PHSI regulations.. How fast do you see roots in your media with your quickest cutting in the bag? What is the sterilisation method your teaching folks?