What's new

Who Are The Coconut Crew? #TCUK

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm grateful to all the people who take an interest in this,, i believe we can support each other,, trading bacteria, benifical fungus,, cells of all kinds,,

I believe we can grow something here,, this kit brings us together and gives us all something to work on and perpetuate,, it's not just a kit,, it's a culture set,,learn and share is the ethos,, anyone who pays it forward gets my support,, and that's Who The Coconut Crew are!

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Me too,,,

Ya know,, Murashige and Skoog tissue-culture media was made as a substitute for coconut water,, coconut water was literally the first tissue culture media,,

Soon we will review auxin and cytokinin ratios for shoot and bud diferenceation,, we will find that the ratio of auxin to cytokinin is what causes either calus formation, root or shoot diferenceation

we can actually add coconut water to amend our Murashige and Skoog media

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Back To Module 1

Back To Module 1

OK,,, So how do we feel about surface sterilisation?

Il post some pictures of the full process for sterilising explants soon (normal clones),,,

Let's start some discourse,,, ask some questions and il get you guys thinking

Badfishy1

All inbound clones should be sterilesed,, it's silly we don't do it already,,, we would litrally never moan about bugs again,, and it's so so simple,,,

It's a 30 min wash,,, we start by spraying the plant with the amonia soloution days before,, we defolar the area intended for dissection,, we then remove the tissue and prep explants (pieces of tissue) ready for the next step,,,

We all following this,,,?

Yes following. Is this method of sterilization usuable with regular cloning methods? Or only for tissue culture?

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes following. Is this method of sterilization usuable with regular cloning methods? Or only for tissue culture?

Oh no my friend,, this is most certainly usable on normal clones,, module 1 is simply about sterile explants,, explants is just a fancy term for snips /cuts /bits /tips,,

The idea is to create a sterile environment and keep it sterile,, removing surface nasties is module 1,,tissue culture modules have not even started yet

I urge everyone to get ready and familiar with sterilising explants even before the kit is out,, this is something everyone should incorporate into our casual cloning protocols

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
Running a clean enviroment and clean plants is paramount and should be a standard practice amongst growers anyways..

But if you want to put 1 of your prized ladies through a vigorous de-contamination and sterilization program then ricks advice is what you need... im not sure but im pretty sure growing tissue culture plants repeatedly will result in sterilization so then the whole business becomes a monopoly... ? Anything we humans get involved with will eventually turn to shit...

By carrying this process out on the chem-d clone with the mosiac leaf pattern trait will the new clone still produce this or will it be exactly the same as before..?

Peace..

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Apical meristem culture is another module,, it's the super new groth at the tips of shoots, it's so small you need a microscope for disecting , it is also possible to grow full plants from root tips,, (yes we can grow full plants from root tips),,, The word we need to become familiar with is "totipotency",, Google if you need too,, i did,,,, it's basically how a single cell can become a whole plant or how it can morph into many different things from just a single cell,,

So apical meristem culture is where we deal with irradiation of viruses and pathogens,, this can potentially uncage a colonials hidden vigor,, you might see this as an improvement,,

there are multiple types of tissue culture,, apical meristem culture is the only one that can remove a virus ,, general meristem cloning is basically what we currently do on a casual level,,,but with more science and less hobby

BTW,, the chem d mosic is a variegated leaf genetic expression,, it's not TMV as was once proposed

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In module 1 we are covering general meristem surface sterilisation,, this is basically normal cloning with tissue-culture sterilising protocol for removing surface nasties,, it's not going to remove viruses but it will certainly kill all bugs,, and any surface nasties

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
So whats the bigger picture here by doing this?

The plants are only gonna be pest free as long as they stay in a pest free enviroment and once they have been put into circulation and contract pest and people keep sterilizing their clones eventually it leads to cant reproduce sterile?? ...

bit like having chemo therapy continuasly and eventually certain stuff just starts giving up so whats the end game here with this?

Is it to have a monsanto based seed line where you can only grow the seed once and only certain seeds are available and what happens to all the proper real deal clones that we all worship and protect so much and we can openly breed with where do they all end up?

Im skeptical about this... i wanna share and care for the plant not control it... but im here to be educated just like the next man... be the change you wanna see....

Respect

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The main and initial motivation on this kit was down to a couple of factors,, it was and still is entirely driven by the need for soloutions to problems we collectively face,,

The business is taking the form of a Cooperative,, iP is another thread,, the only IP applicable to this kit is specific formulations nothing genetic,, but that's not to say you can't go gm with the help of this kit,, you could,, iP is litrally not applicable to this thread unless we start talking gm,, to be fair this thread is actually quite the opposite of what private property laws attempt to uphold,, this is a group,, this is support,,it's almost a Marxist ideology,,, this is me personally upping people's game,, it takes effort and I give it with no expectations,, nothing in return, just respect and mutual interest,, please don't get twisted by people who babble into the abyss,,

The main motivation for creating this kit was to store huge germplasm librarys in a small space,, stasis for prolonged periods with little to no effort was the goal,, after digging into science papers I noticed potentially interesting tek,, when attempting to simplify I started to solve multiple problems,, eventually I thought "shit',, this is a game change,, il have to put this out,, i owe it to people ,,

Latest posts

Latest posts