What's new

White Widow: Still Relevant?

White Widow: Still Relevant?

• Yes, absolutely. She can still hang with the strains of today!

Votes: 136 73.9%
  • No, definitely not. She is poo compared to the Chem's, Sour's, and Kush's of today!

Votes: 10 5.4%
  • Maybe not, but still got respect for the gal.

Votes: 38 20.7%

• Total voters

Heavy

When i first came into the growing scene White Widow was all the rage and i have a spot for this strain because its what got me interested in growing. I have grown several WW versions but that was over a decade ago but notice it is still available as well as a bunch of ww hybrids.

So I ask, is this strain still relevant in your opinion?

Both Scott "Shantibaba" Blakey and Ignemar claim to be it's creator to this day. So which of the two is it? Will the world ever know?

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
not anywhere around here

well I guess the old timers like it still, not the ones in the know, but the HT reading ones

L

lordofthenugz

When grown well, it is stil the 3rd or 4th frostiest nuggettry iv'e even seen. Good mellow session hybrid that lasts a while.I like it a lot. Not too interesting in the palate though.

My .02

V

vonforne

I have Shantis Black Widow aka White Widow. And Scott is the one who made it.

V

So I ask, is this strain still relevant in your opinion?

For me.....Yes.(she's one of my keepers!)

Both Scott "Shantibaba" Blakey and Ignemar claim to be it's creator to this day. So which of the two is it? Will the world ever know?

Don't know, don't really care....No.

I've got a pheno that originally came via the flying dutchman about 6 or 7 years ago, don't know about it's pedigree beyond that, it continues to blow my mind.....I've never developed a tolerance to it....
It makes fantastic oil and hash too.

Just lately I've been running her in straight perlite in 15 litre pots, flood and drain, veg for up to 2 months....

Awaiting some Black Widow seed, so as to make a comparison.

Smokindogcujo

I did a WW run a few years ago and it was one of the frostiest, stinkiest buds I've ever grown. Nothing spectacular about the taste, and the high was a 7.5/10 to 8/10 in my opinion, but the bag appeal and stench was second to none!

The only thing I've grown that came close to it's frost was a WW cross...White Widow and Trainwreck!

I'm vegging White Fire now...so I expect big things!

Tony Sativa

Widow is like Northern lights and many other old school strains. They will outlast the flavor of the month strains and always be around and continue to be the breeding base for future strains to come. The only reason people bad mouth it is it's got way to many piss poor knock off's around but a good one can hold it's own with no problem. It's tasty,potent and yields good

Fuzz420

Ganja Smoker Extraordinaire
Veteran
Ive been scoring white widow regularly from a local in my parts for about 5 years consistently. For 4 of those years i didnt know it had a name. Proper good herb, great high, nice fruity bubble gummy tasting buds. I wouldnt mind having a cut of her

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Traditionally White Widow gives a bland , sour, acrid taste. For this reason we have always prefered smoking the hybrids , like White Rhino or El Nino/Godzilla

W. Widow x Free Tibet [so7omon] is still worth the time, space, and love (once available under fritillary seed at seedboutique). The Free Tibet helps to beef up the flowers and enhances the resin profile. Likewise the taste was vastly improved with some specimens tasting of pineapple.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/gallery/sh...47&ppuser=7253&sortby=f&sorttime=9999&way=asc

7253WW_x_FT_plant_2_pic_17.JPG

hope this helps

topotent

black widow has a psychedelic effect , kush and diesels dont have. Its not as strong as them, but it is certenly strong enough especialy when cured properly. Crazy potensy cant be found , but the oldschool quality of the high is realy worth it.

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
I can only say that WW was the first homegrown weed that i´ve ever smoked.
Was present on my first grow
picture.php

picture.php

Was one of the strains used on my first cross Mind Buzz
picture.php

After trying a few dozen different strains on these last years White Widow still rates very high on my preferences.

moondawg

You cant sling a dead cat and not hit somebody claiming to have created WW. Arjan claims he made it, Blakely,ingmar.

It is resonous but it taste like shit and has to be some of the ugliest weed ever put in a bag. Bag appeal rates a "what the hell is that shit" response from many. I ve never liked the high myself, sorta stuck somewhere in between sat/ind. Not social, just sortof foggy headed and wierd.

But many of the plants are frosty as hell and crossed with a nice Blueberry, its tasty, potent and hard to beat.

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
White Berry

White Berry

I've grown White Berry - White Widow X Blueberry - on several different occassion's. IMHO, it's OK, but it's not what I would consider a keeper. It has that widow pungent nastiness, and reeks like hell when close to harvest time. All the phenos' I found were indica dom's. Potency is somewhere between 15-18% according to Paradise Seeds, the original breeder. It's not in the same league as a decent, well grown sour diesel.

I just chopped some down the other day. Here's a pic.....:pimp3:

picture.php
[/IMG]

Peace & Sour Puffs,

RMS

:smoweed:

I

Iron_Lion

I had some nice White Widow but the it was kind of boring and bland.

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts